bobo81

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I am open on this issue and at odds with my own denomination.

It seems to me that when we have to do a whole bunch of twisting and turning scripturally, then we are usually headed down the wrong path in scripture, particularly when we have direct guidance.

We don't follow the Mosaic Laws as gentile Christians (although I think it acceptable that Jewish followers of Christ continue to follow these laws), however the ten commandments we do claim to adhere to, except this one about the Sabbath.

Why not, why do we choose this one commandment to ignore and keep the rest?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent observance! :)

Now let's hope you get a convincing answer. :)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The Sabbath spoken of in the Commandments is Saturday and this is in scripture, there is no doubt about that.

What was meant by the law being nailed to the cross was that no longer does our work in attempting to keep the law win salvation, we have never kept the law perfectly, instead Christ is the total fulfillment of the Law for every believer.

However, that does not mean we don't show our love to Christ by trying to keep His commandments, after all Christ was the author of the ten commandments, and He said if you love me keep my commandments. The Sabbath is one of those commandments. So why not the 613?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

It seems to me that when we have to do a whole bunch of twisting and turning scripturally, then we are usually headed down the wrong path in scripture, particularly when we have direct guidance.

We don't follow the Mosaic Laws as gentile Christians (although I think it acceptable that Jewish followers of Christ continue to follow these laws), however the ten commandments we do claim to adhere to, except this one about the Sabbath.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent observance! :)

Now let's hope you get a convincing answer. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really would like a convincing answer I am not trying to bait or argue or anything, as I am honestly wrestling with this issue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent observance! :blink:

Now let's hope you get a convincing answer. :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really would like a convincing answer I am not trying to bait or argue or anything, as I am honestly wrestling with this issue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Listen Friend, the convincing answer lies within this thread. The MIGHTY Fourth Commandment applies to both, Jew and Gentile, just as God intended. It was around back in the Old Testament, the New Testament and the Bible declares that it will STILL be in existence at the very end of the age. And again, YES, applying to BOTH Jew and Gentile.

Read this thread from the very beginning and notice the arguments. Notice who is supplying evidence from ALL of the Bible - letting the Bible speak for itself.

And then notice the arguments AGAINST the Sabbath- in which the evidence is primarily coming from the most MISUNDERSTOOD writer of all the Bible. Notice how much private interpretation is needed and how heavily ASSUMPTION is relied on, to try and justify this claim.

May the Holy Spirit, who guides us in all truth, lead you to this truth and put your mind at peace in regards to this issue. Let God's OWN words (the Bible) do the speaking to you and you will see the truth. :24:

Guest Zayit

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I often wondered about that myself. Then G-d revealed the answer to me, and it really is so simple, and I pray he reveals it to you. :blink:

Guest mona t.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I often wondered about that myself. Then G-d revealed the answer to me, and it really is so simple, and I pray he reveals it to you. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

please please please reveal it to me so that this whole issue can rest because im starting to get confused. God who knows everything past present and future knew that the these commandments were so important that he didnt just relay it through a prophet,he carved it into stone with his own finger.so why in the world would he go and make just one of the commandments null and void? whats the point.he made the sabbath from the beginging of time but just because we decide we are so busy that we have to pick our own day He is gonna say "hey,pick your own day" that is utter nonesense to me.He said if you loved Him you would keep His commandments, not if you love Me keep My commandments except the fourth cuz I'm gonna change that.so if you can please reveal to me this simple answer.i would greatly appreciate it.im not trying to be rude or anything like that it just seems rather confusing to me.

God Bless

Edited by mona t.

Quote by: mona t.

"God who knows everything past present and future knew that the these commandments were so important that he didnt just relay it through a prophet,he carved it into stone with his own finger."

Mona, That was in the Old Covenant. In the New Covenant it's BETTER than that:

Hebrews 8:10

This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel

after that time, declares the Lord.

I will put MY LAWS in their minds

and write them on their hearts.

I will be their God,

and they will be my people.

No longer on tables of stone- now THEY are written in the hearts and minds of EVERY believer!

Hebrews 9:14-15

14How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

15For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance

Edited by Sirsilius

Guest Zayit

Free from the sins, not free from the Law. We are to be an obedient people, to show the world who is our G-d and exult him in the earth. Same job that Israel was given.

Guest mona t.

ok .thanks that makes sense to me.i think what you two are saying is that we should follow the 4th commandment along with the rest right?