Figure of eighty

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

There are times when we need to be reminded of who we are in Christ.

Sometimes, when we are bogged down with what life hurls at us, we "feel" defeated. The Christian life is Faith, not "feeling".

Yes, we all have feelings, and we were created with them, but they are not reliable.

Remember, again, who you are in Christ.

I am a child of the Living God, who paid the price for me to be able to have fellowship with Him!!

Jesus died a bloody, violent death, willingly laying down His life so that He could have fellowship with you. Yes, you!

The Bible tells us that God is holy and perfect, and cannot look upon sin. Jesus is the One who paid that price for YOU, so that there was no longer sin keeping you from God!!!

Who did He do this for and why did He do it? He did this for YOU, and He did it because He first loved you and wants to have fellowship with you.

Hallelujiah, what a Savior!!! If we don't praise Him, the Bible says the very rocks beneath our feet will shout in praise to Him.

The secret of "feeling" something, is giving sincere, honest, open, unfiltered praise to Jesus for being God!!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow   (sing it with me)

Praise Him all creatures here below

Praise Him above all heavenly hosts

Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost

Amen

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

14 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I dont feel led by God. 

I rarely get convicted of sin by Gd 

I just feel stunted. 

We need to be in constant prayer (1 Thess 5:17). Then we know we are being led by God. If God rarely convicted me of sin, I'd be quite happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

36 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

We need to be in constant prayer (1 Thess 5:17). Then we know we are being led by God. If God rarely convicted me of sin, I'd be quite happy.

This is true. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

16 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I dont feel led by God. 

I rarely get convicted of sin by Gd 

I just feel stunted. 

Question: "If you doubt your salvation, does that mean you are not truly saved?"

Answer: 
Everyone has occasional doubts. Whether or not you have doubts is not what determines whether you are a Christian. Even when a believer is faithless, God is faithful (2 Timothy 2:13). God wants us to be sure and confident of our salvation (Romans 8:38-391 John 5:13). God promises that everyone who believes in Jesus Christ will be saved (John 3:16Romans 10:9-10). We have all sinned and fallen short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23). As a result, we deserve death and an eternity apart from God (Romans 6:23). But God loved us enough to die in our place, taking the punishment that we deserved (Romans 5:8). As a result, all those who believe are saved and eternally secure.

Sometimes doubting is a good thing. Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 13:5 “examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith.” We are to test ourselves to be sure that Jesus is truly our Savior and the Holy Spirit is truly in us. If He is, we can in no way lose the salvation Christ has obtained for us (Romans 8:38-39). If He's not, then perhaps the Holy Spirit is convicting us of sin and prompting us to repent and be reconciled to God through Christ. The assurance of our salvation comes from the knowledge that once we are in Christ, we are eternally secure. But genuine saving faith is evidenced by its works (James 2:14-26) and the fruit of the Spirit within us (Galatians 5:22). The lack of this evidence can sometimes be the cause of our doubts.

Have you placed your faith in Christ? If the answer is yes, then throw away your doubts and trust God. If you know Jesus as your Savior, you are saved without a doubt! If the answer is no, then believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved! If you have any questions about salvation, please feel free to ask us. Or, you can visit our Got Eternal Life page.

https://www.gotquestions.org/salvation-doubt.html

Edited by missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,195
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Upset Im not intune with God..

I’d venture to say it’s a good thing your upset with you not being in-tune with God. I’m guessing that’s music to God’s ears... Someone who realizes they don't have enough of Him....

Keep blessing God’s heart as He answers the call of yours. 

A fellow servant of His, Not me  

Edited by Not me