IGNORED

Slaughterhouses

I just read on my news app the 'confessions of a slaughterhouse worker'. It is tough reading. I am disturbed by it as i like animals and know the love of my own pets.  

The Bible and Christianity do not forbid us to eat meat as far as i know. Of course animal killing for sacrifice is frequent in the Bible. 

Yet, is it right to do this to animals? I doubt many of us would eat meat if we had to kill first or if we saw the reality. We are insulated from the real horror in this modern world but it is worth thinking about surely? 

What is your view? 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

50 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

I doubt many of us would eat meat if we had to kill first or if we saw the reality

I prefer fish. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

The Bible and Christianity do not forbid us to eat meat as far as i know.

Since the fall of mankind, animals took to prey, and the consumption of meat began to take place. 

Yet, is it right to do this to animals?

I also have disdain for the slaying of animals. But I gotta have meat in my diet. I just do. 

What is your view? 

This is the view from the word of God. 

Romans 14:2 KJV 2For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I prefer fish. 

My dad was a for real cowboy, and both an avid fisherman and hunter. I also enjoyed the conquest of catching a nice big, or any fish for that matter. haha! But, I'd wince at watching him shoot an animal. He taught me the safe and applicable use of firearms. And target practice in the countryside shooting bottles and cans was a lot of fun too. I never could get into hunting personally. It's just not in my nature.  

50 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

My dad was a for real cowboy, and both an avid fisherman and hunter. I also enjoyed the conquest of catching a nice big, or any fish for that matter. haha! But, I'd wince at watching him shoot an animal. He taught me the safe and applicable use of firearms. And target practice in the countryside shooting bottles and cans was a lot of fun too. I never could get into hunting personally. It's just not in my nature.  

I shoot pictures.  I  am not  into hunting live game, way too easy to go to the grocer-

Yet I do buy into the idea that sustainable  culling is necessary for a healthier  array of wild life.

I vaguely remember life on the farm  and stories of the turkey ranch, and of the bloody processing to kosher chicken.

Somehow Tofu doesn't cut the mustard with my palate.

God gave me canine teeth and crushing molars, not a cud and multiple stomachs.

ps makes me wonder about Adam  before the fall, did he really chew grasses, and when did he decide to eat killed meat if he did? God gave him skins of life ( to wear), did God also teach Adam to partake of the "sacrifice".

Might make for better  "sport" if the human hunters of animals had no feed boxes, no cameras, no night vision capability, no high resolution scopes, no laser sights, no long guns at all, instead just a knife and a club.

Let 'em hunt naked and afraid for potential loss of their own life, being a real machoman. Might be a fun new spectator sport that way too. Oh wait I think that has been done before.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

Once again, I think it depends upon one's motive. I do not eat a lot of red meat, although occasionally I do enjoy a good steak. To watch someone enjoy killing a defenseless animal for sport is not my...er...game. Yet there is a need for population control---hence, the sport.

Consider the wolf. It likes to eat sheep. We like to eat sheep too, but we do not need to. We can eat other food. But the wolf has no duty towards the sheep and it only thinks of the sheep as its means to survive. But we tend the sheep, and raise it, and care for it, and even have it as a pet…and just when it thinks we are its friend and puts its full trust in us, we slit its throat. But we do not believe we are bad. Instead we believe the wolf is. Who is the real wolf in sheep's clothing?

God does not define us by what we eat. We are the only species of animal God created to enjoy technology, but our motives can create a cure for Cancer, or an Atomic Bomb to obliterate the entire race.

• Well Said! 1

23 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

ps makes me wonder about Adam  before the fall, did he really chew grasses, and when did he decide to eat killed meat if he did? God gave him skins of life ( to wear), did God also teach Adam to partake of the "sacrifice".

I'm pretty sure the Garden of Eden had all the necessary fruits and vegetables to sustain mankind forever, if the decision to remain faithful in just one thing remained. Not to eat that which was from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Also, not knowing at that time they were unclothed, the atmospheric conditions were apparently ideal. The skins were offered after the fall, of course. Blood sacrifice was needed for the remission of sin, for there is none without it. Oops. You got me off-topic. Sorry!

21 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

fruits and vegetables

Oh my, what all fruits and veggies only do to my digestive system.

• Haha 1

Even the plants love blood and bone.