• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

My experience is that when I obey the Lord’s commandments, I have peace of mind, and when I don’t obey the Lord’s commandments, I have trouble. I have concluded that obedience brings peace of mind. As a matter of fact, I suspect that is their purpose. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Following the Lord's commandments is all about being obedient to Him. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,723
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, The Covenant of Moses including the ten commandments is about revealing the need of a savior. Reference Romans 3

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, The Covenant of Moses including the ten commandments is about revealing the need of a savior. Reference Romans 3

Like I say, I have found that by obeying the Lord's commandments, I have peace of mind. Each of us must choose whether to obey or not.

• Well Said! 1

25 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Each of us must choose whether to obey or not.

Hi,

Why sure.

Jesus stepped up the requirement or made it known that the thought is the sin as well as the deed.  Who can stop from having thought of sin? I suggest no one can.  All do sin and fall short of the Gory of God's, perfection. It is by God's mercy and grace alone that anyone is saved away from the wrath of God to eternal life with Him. That life comes from Jesus alone, by His sacrifice alone, for the benefit of those foreknown to God and predestined by God. Of those given to Jesus  not a one given Him are lost.

By the law  of Moses comes knowledge of death, and the need of a savior Jesus is that savior, He is the reconciler the redeemer. He alone has paid in full the cost of sin  for those given him to Shepherd.

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

Why sure.

Jesus stepped up the requirement or made it known that the thought is the sin as well as the deed.  Who can stop from having thought of sin? I suggest no one can.  All do sin and fall short of the Gory of God's, perfection. It is by God's mercy and grace alone that anyone is saved away from the wrath of God to eternal life with Him. That life comes from Jesus alone, by His sacrifice alone, for the benefit of those foreknown to God and predestined by God. Of those given to Jesus  not a one given Him are lost.

By the law  of Moses comes knowledge of death, and the need of a savior Jesus is that savior, He is the reconciler the redeemer. He alone has paid in full the cost of sin  for those given him to Shepherd.

Why is it difficult not to think sinfully?

Edited by johnthebaptist
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

Why sure.

7 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

When we repent of our sin, the first thing we should do is stop thinking sinful thoughts. That shouldn't be the last thing we do.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

To answer a question with a question; why did instruction  have  to  be given to saints regarding  ending to slights errors and bold sins against another before partaking of the Lords Supper if all were perfected and having no thought nor deed that is born of sin?

Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord.  Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup.  For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself.  That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died. But if we judged[i] ourselves truly, we would not be judged.  But when we are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined so that we may not be condemned along with the world.

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

To answer a question with a question; why did instruction  have  to  be given to saints regarding  ending to slights errors and bold sins against another before partaking of the Lords Supper if all were perfected and having no thought nor deed that is born of sin?

Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord.  Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup.  For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself.  That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died. But if we judged[i] ourselves truly, we would not be judged.  But when we are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined so that we may not be condemned along with the world.

Thinking sinful thoughts leads to trouble. I'd rather avoid that trouble.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Thinking sinful thoughts leads to trouble. I'd rather avoid that trouble.

As for me I will rely  on  the shed blood of my Lord and savior to cover my sin. I give my praise to  and thanks to Jesus for such an awful task to have endured for me personally. Jesus is the Lord of my shame. While I do try not to sin in deed nor thoughts I know I will fail, again and again. What I do not do, or try not to do, is sin all the more that grace may abound.

• Thanks 1