IGNORED

Why do some "christians" still act ungodly towards others and expect to go to heaven.

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

do you love them enough to rebuke and correct them "in love" .. some of those people really don't realise fully how what they do/say is all that wrong .. they need someone to "suggest" aka "advise" aka "counsel" that they might wish to change some things in their lives and IF they really care to be obeying God's Will, they will ask you what you mean .. IF they don't care about obeying God's Will and Commandments, they will make such known to you and then it is wise to just back off and pray for them .. maybe, one day they will come to you or go to another for help to overcome faults .. anyone who turns another from sin covers a multitude of sins .. all done, though, MUST be done in LOVE or it amounts to NOTHING

I'm not sure what your saying here, but I do know that before we talk to anyone to correct we must be intimately aware of who they are in Christ, and what there heart is like, and be deeply knowledgeable about their history as a Christian and what their past experiences have been. Correction is no small thing and can damage a persons faith if anyone is harsh or condemning when not necessary as I have seen many time, usually by someone in leadership.

The heart is fragile and tender, and must be approached with tenderness and love if approached at all. Sometimes our expectations of others can be expectation beyond their faith and maybe we need to remove the Log from our own eye(s) and pray for more patience, the same as God has for us 2nd Peter 3:15

My name is Oligos