• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

Nobody is forcing anyone into getting government recognition.  There are common law marriages and churches that will marry a couple without a license if they want that.  I don't see a need to change it, except we shouldn't have gay marriage forced on us.

Common law marriages happen when a couple have been cohabiting for a number of years. So that starts out as a sin and ends up having government intervention to declare it a marriage. 

Being married without a license can cause issues with inheritance, legal responsibilities, and the rights of either partner regarding children etc. 

2 hours ago, K9Buck said:

By that logic, we could argue for reinstating slavery.  

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, K9Buck said:

So you would have NO PROBLEM living under Sharia Law if Muslims were to become the majority, right?  

It violates the constitution. A violation of the law of our land. So yes I would take issue with it. 

12 minutes ago, Cletus said:

it hurts all of society.  its a decay.  did you know that the group of people most likely to catch HIV/AIDS is homosexual males?  the facts are truly stacked against your stance and point of view.    STD's are rampant among homosexual males, more so than any other group.  not to mention its unsanitary. 

and its not just the "intolerant right" as most of the world rejects that lifestyle due to the fact its not something that is to be tolerated.  regardless of the religious majority in that geographical region.

Heterosexuals also transmit STD's.  Should they be banned from marriage too?

5 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

It violates the constitution. A violation of the law of our land. So yes I would take issue with it. 

Of course it violates the constitution.  I would argue that banning same-sex marriage violates the spirit of the constitution as I believe government was intended to be secular rather than based on  religious principles.  

11 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

...cohabiting...

I wonder how many of our friends here would support outlawing members of the opposite gender cohabitating together or, for that matter, outlawing premarital sex.  It's our belief that such things are immoral, correct?  Therefore and, through the force of government, impose our personal beliefs on the rest of the country and outlaw such things, correct?  

Where in the bible did Jesus preach about passing laws and, through government, force seculars and people of other faiths to follow his teachings?  And, if Jesus was ok with seculars being secular, why aren't you?  

29 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

I wonder how many of our friends here would support outlawing members of the opposite gender cohabitating together or, for that matter, outlawing premarital sex.  It's our belief that such things are immoral, correct?  Therefore and, through the force of government, impose our personal beliefs on the rest of the country and outlaw such things, correct?  

It used to be illegal. It is certainly immoral, according to the Lord

10 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

Where in the bible did Jesus preach about passing laws and, through government, force seculars and people of other faiths to follow his teachings?  And, if Jesus was ok with seculars being secular, why aren't you?  

Abortion is legal. By your analogy, you should be ok with that. 

I hold to a higher standard. When attempts to change what is moral to acceptance of immorality, Im not ok with it. 

3 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Abortion is legal. By your analogy, you should be ok with that. 

I hold to a higher standard. When attempts to change what is moral to acceptance of immorality, Im not ok with it. 

No, as I've said earlier, abortion adversely affects an innocent third party.  

I'm pretty much of the view that free people, given free will be God himself, should be free to live their life as they like as long as they're not hurting someone else.  Yourself and others here obviously disagree with that concept.  You believe that, through the force of government, others must live a life that is consistent with your worldview.