Sunday Service Problem

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, I wonder if you guys can pray for me and then give me advice about my current situation.

I am currently serving in Youth Sunday Service in my Church as a keyboardist. Previously, there was no other permanent keyboardist in Youth Sunday Service so it is just me serving (almost) every week in Youth Sunday Service. As a music lover and Christ follower, I feel really happy and thankful doing this role. Training session for the Sunday Youth Service is the one that excites me the most, as I can play keyboard and feel His presence together. But, previous months ago a new permanent keyboardist started to serve in this Youth Sunday Service and this January a new guitarist started to serve (besides the current permanent guitarist) and therefore when they have two guitarists, the role of keyboardist is not needed anymore. This reduces my service schedule, because we need to share schedule to make it fair. This condition makes me really disappointed because I really love serving Jesus as a keyboardist. I can even say that The Youth Sunday Service and training session are things that I always wait for every week. I am not disappointed because of the rivalry feeling, but because I lose something that I love doing.

Moreover, several things have changed in my Youth Sunday Service situation. We used to have connection groups every week, but the number of members have reduced and the remaining members are only 3 (including my connection group leader). I don't feel personally close with my connection group leader, so I don't feel comfortable to share my problems. Furthermore, the other member also rarely comes to the connection group gatherings.

Outside this church, I have several best friends, but I can't tell them about these problems, because some of them are not Christians, and others don't really live a religious Christian life (not trying to be judgmental, just trying to explain my current situation honestly - me too ain't that religious and still have many flaws, but I need someone who is more religious than me to help me solve these problems)

Do you think that I should leave this Youth Sunday Service and consider moving to other Youth Sunday Service in other churches? Please pray for me and help me to solve this problem. Thanks. Jesus bless y'all .

Ps : Pardon my english

Edited by chargedbyfa1th
adding more explanations

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, chargedbyfa1th said:

Hello, I wonder if you guys can pray for me and then give me advice about my current situation.

I am currently serving in Youth Sunday Service in my Church as a keyboardist. Previously, there was no other permanent keyboardist in Youth Sunday Service so it is just me serving (almost) every week in Youth Sunday Service. As a music lover and Christ follower, I feel really happy and thankful doing this role. Training session for the Sunday Youth Service is the one that excites me the most, as I can play keyboard and feel His presence together. But, previous months ago a new permanent keyboardist started to serve in this Youth Sunday Service and this January a new guitarist started to serve (besides the current permanent guitarist) and therefore when they have two guitarists, the role of keyboardist is not needed anymore. This reduces my service schedule, because we need to share schedule to make it fair. This condition makes me really disappointed because I really love serving Jesus as a keyboardist. I can even say that The Youth Sunday Service and training session are things that I always wait for every week. I am not disappointed because of the rivalry feeling, but because I lose something that I love doing.

Moreover, several things have changed in my Youth Sunday Service situation. We used to have connection groups every week, but the number of members have reduced and the remaining members are only 3 (including my connection group leader). I don't feel personally close with my connection group leader, so I don't feel comfortable to share my problems. Furthermore, the other member also rarely comes to the connection group gatherings.

Outside this church, I have several best friends, but I can't tell them about these problems, because some of them are not Christians, and others don't really live a religious Christian life (not trying to be judgmental, just trying to explain my current situation honestly - me too ain't that religious and still have many flaws, but I need someone who is more religious than me to help me solve these problems)

Do you think that I should leave this Youth Sunday Service and consider moving to other Youth Sunday Service in other churches? Please pray for me and help me to solve this problem. Thanks. Jesus bless y'all .

Ps : Pardon my english

Hi chargedbyfaith,

I quite understand as I also love to play music - keyboard. I used to train a music team and loved to play at meetings. Now this took up quite a bit of time as you would know. However it was what I enjoyed doing for the Lord. So, yes I do understand.

Now I see that you said `I lose something that I love doing.` Difficult time for you. May I suggest a few things to you.

God may be `releasing` you to do other things for Him. It is hard for us musos, to `let go` as it is soooo rewarding to play. However as we grow in the Lord He may ask of us to do other things and that requires a `sacrifice` on our behalf. Remember how much the Lord sacrificed for us - left His home in heaven, etc.... So think & pray about it and the Lord may open up another work that you will find just as rewarding but something you never thought of.

In my case the Lord opened up `discipling/mentoring` others, one at a time over a long time, & I have the joy of seeing them grow in the Lord and now mentoring others. I also enjoy writing up blogs, of which I have many here on Worthy, (Marilyn`s Messages).

So, don`t look on it as a `lose` but an opportunity to see what more the Lord would have you do.

all the best, Marilyn.

• Loved it! 1

53 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi chargedbyfaith,

I quite understand as I also love to play music - keyboard. I used to train a music team and loved to play at meetings. Now this took up quite a bit of time as you would know. However it was what I enjoyed doing for the Lord. So, yes I do understand.

Now I see that you said `I lose something that I love doing.` Difficult time for you. May I suggest a few things to you.

God may be `releasing` you to do other things for Him. It is hard for us musos, to `let go` as it is soooo rewarding to play. However as we grow in the Lord He may ask of us to do other things and that requires a `sacrifice` on our behalf. Remember how much the Lord sacrificed for us - left His home in heaven, etc.... So think & pray about it and the Lord may open up another work that you will find just as rewarding but something you never thought of.

In my case the Lord opened up `discipling/mentoring` others, one at a time over a long time, & I have the joy of seeing them grow in the Lord and now mentoring others. I also enjoy writing up blogs, of which I have many here on Worthy, (Marilyn`s Messages).

So, don`t look on it as a `lose` but an opportunity to see what more the Lord would have you do.

all the best, Marilyn.

Dear Marilyn..

Thank you so much for spending time reading my story and giving advice to it. Yes, that's true...it's like now it's so weird and I miss the previous environment that I used to have...

Yes you are right....Its so true that Jesus has sacrificed many things for us..

And it's good for you that Jesus also opened up for you to do other beautiful things!! I will pray to ask what Jesus wants me to do during this time.....

By the way, may I have the link of your blog? I want to read it too.

Thanks a lot. Jesus bless you...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, chargedbyfa1th said:

Dear Marilyn..

Thank you so much for spending time reading my story and giving advice to it. Yes, that's true...it's like now it's so weird and I miss the previous environment that I used to have...

Yes you are right....Its so true that Jesus has sacrificed many things for us..

And it's good for you that Jesus also opened up for you to do other beautiful things!! I will pray to ask what Jesus wants me to do during this time.....

By the way, may I have the link of your blog? I want to read it too.

Thanks a lot. Jesus bless you...

Hi chargedbyfaith,

Oh that is so good to hear. Thank you for the encouragement too. Now my blog, `Marilyn`s Messages,` are here on Worthy. You will find the blogs on the front page down the right hand. scroll down till you see the `blogs.` At the moment I am finishing the series `God`s Eternal Purposes.` Look forward to any comments, underneath the blog, that you may have.

all the best, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi chargedbyfaith,

Oh that is so good to hear. Thank you for the encouragement too. Now my blog, `Marilyn`s Messages,` are here on Worthy. You will find the blogs on the front page down the right hand. scroll down till you see the `blogs.` At the moment I am finishing the series `God`s Eternal Purposes.` Look forward to any comments, underneath the blog, that you may have.

all the best, Marilyn.

I see...thanks for referencing! I will visit your blog after this. Keep being blessing to others. Jesus bless ??

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi chargedbyfaith,

all the best, Marilyn.

Anyway, I have tried to search for your blog through blog search option but I could not find it, eventhough I have wrote Marilyn's Messages. Can you please give me a link for the blog?

Thanks..

PS: im searching it through mobile phone.

Edited by chargedbyfa1th
Adding more explanations

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

25 minutes ago, chargedbyfa1th said:

Anyway, I have tried to search for your blog through blog search option but I could not find it, eventhough I have wrote Marilyn's Messages. Can you please give me a link for the blog?

Thanks..

PS: im searching it through mobile phone.

Hi chargedbyfa1th, I thought to give Marilyn's blog link here, It "should" work with mobile too, God bless:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/blog/37-marilyns-messages/

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, B3L13v3R said:

Hi chargedbyfa1th, I thought to give Marilyn's blog link here, It "should" work with mobile too, God bless:

I see...thanks a lot for helping! Jesus bless you ??

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 11:54 PM, B3L13v3R said:

On 2/1/2020 at 3:01 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi chargedbyfaith,

all the best, Marilyn.

hey Marilyn, i finally found your blog...keep working for Jesus ! thank you B3L13V3R for helping me !

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Most churches look for Sunday School teachers, nursery help, and people who are willing to help wherever needed.  Janitors, dish washers., visiting the sick are all important, and even office chores.    It is a matter of having a servants heart.  

Our church has 2 acoustic, electric, keyboards, drums, bass etc.  It might be nice to have a substitute keyboardist when needed.  You might be able to alternate weeks.  I don't play well but I love to worship the Lord and draw near to Him.  

• Thumbs Up 1