Diaste

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

Moses n Elijah Will be revealed after the rapture of the church n they Will win people with their testimony so there will be Tribulation saints

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,641
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/9/2020 at 12:22 PM, dhchristian said:

It can be a confusing topic.

Here is what John the Baptist said of Himself when asked if he was Elijah.

And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. (John 1:23)

Jesus said: For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. (matt. 11:13-14)

AND: And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist. (Matt. 17:10-13)

"Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things".

Along with Malachi this is an imperative. I'm convinced John the Baptist was a type, a mantle bearer but not the one who wears the mantle like Elijah or Elisha, and that Elijah is going to arrive in person, probably at the same time as the 'covenant with many is confirmed'. 

In my mind the two witnesses must show up at the beginning of the 70th week. They must prophesy 1260 days, they must be killed by the beast and the earth rejoices. 

That cannot be in the 2nd half as the end of the second half of the week is the wrath of the Lamb. I don't think the people of earth are going to have a party for the final three days of God's wrath, and the friends of Jesus will not endure His wrath.

Maybe I think this because it's neat and orderly. There could be overlap but the two witnesses must be gone before the wrath of God begins sometime in the 2nd half of the week.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,153
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 2/8/2020 at 6:37 AM, Diaste said:

“For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace, when all the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble; the day is coming when I will set them ablaze,” says the LORD of Hosts. “Not a root or branch will be left to them.”

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful Day of the LORD. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers. Otherwise, I will come and strike the land with a curse.”

So this is referring to John the Baptist?

Isn't this prior to the "great and dreadful Day of the LORD", the day where His wrath is poured out in fury?

According to the Seder Olam and other ancient Hebraic sources, Elijah is to come just before the Ezekiel 38-39 conflict (which takes place at the 7th Bowl). This is the very last event in the sequence of End Time events. See my most recent blog post on the Bowls, here:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/2069-the-end-times-and-the-exodus-part-4/

One must differentiate between Elijah the man and Elijah the spirit. Elijah the spirit came upon different men:

2 Kings 2:15 Now when the sons of the prophets who were from Jericho saw him, they said, “The spirit of Elijah rests on Elisha.” And they came to meet him, and bowed to the ground before him.

Luke 1:17 “He [John the Baptist] will also go before Him [Jesus] in the spirit and power of Elijah, ‘to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,' and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

• Thumbs Up 1