Diaste

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,641
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

“For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace, when all the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble; the day is coming when I will set them ablaze,” says the LORD of Hosts. “Not a root or branch will be left to them.”

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful Day of the LORD. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers. Otherwise, I will come and strike the land with a curse.”

So this is referring to John the Baptist?

Isn't this prior to the "great and dreadful Day of the LORD", the day where His wrath is poured out in fury?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Diaste said:

“For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace, when all the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble; the day is coming when I will set them ablaze,” says the LORD of Hosts. “Not a root or branch will be left to them.”

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful Day of the LORD. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers. Otherwise, I will come and strike the land with a curse.”

Isn't this prior to the "great and dreadful Day of the LORD", the day where His wrath is poured out in fury?

Diaste, 

Not sure why you Posted this, But Elijah is coming. Jesus said John the Baptist could have been Elijah, meaning he had the Spirit of Elijah in him, and had Israel received Jesus as their Messiah, then John the Baptist was in fact the Elijah. But because this acceptance was delayed until the end times, The Elijah Spirit will arise before the second coming as the people of Israel will finally "mourn for Him whom they have pierced" (Zech. 12:10)

Here is what I think will happen, I know others here disagree especially in regard to the timing of the rapture, I Think Israel will be enamored with the beast of Revelation 13, who will be viewed as the messiah. When Christ comes and destroys the beast and raptures the church, in their disillusionment they will understand that Elijah was one of the two witnesses and receive his testimony, and through His testimony they will Mourn for Him whom they have pierced.   

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,106
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

16 hours ago, Diaste said:

Gabriel told Zacharias, John's father, that John came in the spirit of Elijah......he was not Elijah.

Luke 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. 16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

18 And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years. 19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.

God sends Elijah and IMHO, Moses back.....what better two to get Israel to repent ? Moses the Law Giver and Elijah the Spirit man !! One represents the Old Testament Laws which were ALL JUST.........One represents the New Testament Holy Spirit !! 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Elijah could very likely be one of the two witnesses in the 7 year tribulation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Diaste said:

As we understand, Peter, James and John saw Moses and Elijah came to meet Jesus, of course Peter, James and John all knew about John the baptist as they were familiar with his face but they didnt describe Elijah as John the Baptist. This is evidence that John the baptist was not Elijah.

Matt 17:

17 After six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John (the brother of James) and led them up a high mountain where they could be alone.

Jesus’ appearance changed in front of them. His face became as bright as the sun and his clothes as white as light. Suddenly, Moses and Elijah appeared to them and were talking with Jesus.

Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it’s good that we’re here. If you want, I’ll put up three tents here—one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/8/2020 at 7:18 AM, dhchristian said:

Diaste, 

Not sure why you Posted this, But Elijah is coming. Jesus said John the Baptist could have been Elijah, meaning he had the Spirit of Elijah in him, and had Israel received Jesus as their Messiah, then John the Baptist was in fact the Elijah. But because this acceptance was delayed until the end times, The Elijah Spirit will arise before the second coming as the people of Israel will finally "mourn for Him whom they have pierced" (Zech. 12:10)

Here is what I think will happen, I know others here disagree especially in regard to the timing of the rapture, I Think Israel will be enamored with the beast of Revelation 13, who will be viewed as the messiah. When Christ comes and destroys the beast and raptures the church, in their disillusionment they will understand that Elijah was one of the two witnesses and receive his testimony, and through His testimony they will Mourn for Him whom they have pierced.   

Well yes, so I have believed for some time. I'm convinced Elijah is one of the two witnesses at the end. It seems that John is a type and Elijah is coming in person, two diverse ways of announcing the coming of the Lord. I read something that seemed to say John is Elijah and that's it, prophecy fulfilled.

13 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Elijah could very likely be one of the two witnesses in the 7 year tribulation. 

I'm convinced he surely is one of the two.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Diaste said:

Well yes, so I have believed for some time. I'm convinced Elijah is one of the two witnesses at the end. It seems that John is a type and Elijah is coming in person, two diverse ways of announcing the coming of the Lord. I read something that seemed to say John is Elijah and that's it, prophecy fulfilled.

It can be a confusing topic.

Here is what John the Baptist said of Himself when asked if he was Elijah.

And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. (John 1:23)

Jesus said: For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. (matt. 11:13-14)

AND: And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist. (Matt. 17:10-13)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I believe the name "Elijah" is merely a name assigned to a specially anointed person and not necessarily "The Elijah" that was caught up in the whirlwind. The Elijah that will come before the dreadful day of the Lord, I believe, just like John, is another specially anointed Christian during the end times. The original Elijah is already in heaven and will not return to earth for a specific end time mission.

1 hour ago, DustyRoad said:

The issue I see with this has to do with the lack of mercy for those who worship the Beast, @dhchristian. Won't they be cast into the lake of fire?

You may be right, this is an issue. Here is how I see it, when He (the beast declares himself God in the Holy Place) There will be the remnant of Israel that will not receive His testimony, and worship the beast and take his mark because of their Religious convictions. These are the ones that are protected in the wilderness for 1260 days. The Majority of Israel will be in lockstep with the false messiah.