one.opinion

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,100
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

I was just showing you that your fellow creationists disagree with you. 

On 4/15/2020 at 2:02 PM, omega2xx said:

Some do, most don't.

More specifically, YE creationists who actually understand the evidence disagree with you. 

I cited the evidence for that, and linked to it. 

No,

Yes, I did.   Dr. Wise cited numerous specific lines of transitonals and cited the evidence supporting them.  Anyone who checks out the paper will see it.   It does you no good at all to deny it.

Yep.  Could God have created the universe and everything in  it in 6 days?  He could have done it in one day. 

Then why didn't He say so? 

Because He didn't do it that way.   The universe was created in an instant, and everything else came about from that.   More specifically, life was created using natural means, as God says in Genesis.

There is no Biblical evidence that He did in an instant. 

"Let there be light."   Pretty clear that He did.   Unless you have a preconceived objection to the way He did it.    But He could have taken as much or as little time as He liked, or even done it before there was time.   Since, (as you learned earlier) the "yom" of Genesis 1 are not literal days but descriptions of different parts of creation, the Bible only offers us the fact that God spoke the universe into existence,from which everything else appeared as He intended.

I learned no such thing. 

Perhaps you didn't.   The good news for you is that even if you don't understand how God made the universe, you can still be saved.

You have a very limited view of the Bible.  It teaches us much more than God spoke the universe into being.

That's the part we're discussing now.   As you know, the real heart of His word to us is that you will enter the kingdom of God if you do the will of the father.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 4/20/2020 at 3:27 PM, The Barbarian said:

More specifically, YE creationists who actually understand the evidence disagree with you. 

Yes, I did.   Dr. Wise cited numerous specific lines of transitonals and cited the evidence supporting them.  Anyone who checks out the paper will see it.   It does you no good at all to deny it.

He did not give any evidence.  He just cited some examples he believed are true,and since you also believe, you took what he said as evidence.

This reaffirms You have no idea what constitutes verifiable evidence.

Yep.  Could God have created the universe and everything in  it in 6 days?  He could have done it in one day. 

Because He didn't do it that way.   The universe was created in an instant, and everything else came about from that.   More specifically, life was created using natural means, as God says in Genesis.

Not  only do you not understand what constitutes evidence, you don't understand  the Bible.  You just admitted God took 6 days to create the universe, so why did he say it took 6 days.

"Let there be light."   Pretty clear that He did.   Unless you have a preconceived objection to the way He did it.    But He could have taken as much or as little time as He liked, or even done it before there was time.   Since, (as you learned earlier) the "yom" of Genesis 1 are not literal days but descriptions of different parts of creation, the Bible only offers us the fact that God spoke the universe into existence,from which everything else appeared as He intended.

You are the one with a preconceived idea.  You refuse to use how the language is used because of it.  Since the sun had not been created at that time, what was the light?

Perhaps you didn't.   The good news for you is that even if you don't understand how God made the universe, you can still be saved.

That's the part we're discussing now.   As you know, the real heart of His word to us is that you will enter the kingdom of God if you do the will of the father.

Another example of your lack of understanding what the Bible teaches. Much of Catholic theology is legalistic.  Salvation  is never based on what we do  or don't do, it is only based on what we believe.

Acts 16;30-31 ;  And  after he had brought them out he said "Sirs what must I do to be saved?  And they said Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall  be saved...

Edited by omega2xx

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,468
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The most glaring error of evolution is that of change .... their whole system is change but when it come to present laws they assume no change yet they are in the same as we present... I find this pseudo science at best with no testable means to verify but faith... then those who place God in this mix of pretense inexcusable...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,100
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

Dr. Wise cited numerous specific lines of transitonals and cited the evidence supporting them.  Anyone who checks out the paper will see it.   It does you no good at all to deny it.

On 4/23/2020 at 7:56 PM, omega2xx said:

He did not give any evidence. 

There's really no point in you denying it.   Anyone who goes to the paper I linked will find dozens of citations for papers showing the evidence.   Instead of denying it, try to find a way to explain all of that evidence.

You just admitted God took 6 days to create the universe,

Nope.  I said He could have if He wanted to.   You tried to twist that into "He did it."   You must realize that kind of thing says lots of things about your character, um?

Since the sun had not been created at that time, what was the light?

It's still here.   The predicted microwave background from the initial expansion of the Universe was found some time ago.  But as you learned, it's absurd to have literal mornings and evenings before there was a sun to have them.

Another example of your lack of understanding what the Bible teaches. Much of Catholic theology is legalistic.  Salvation  is never based on what we do  or don't do, it is only based on what we believe.

Well, let's see what God says...

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.

So, I can believe you, or I can believe God.  Not much of a choice, is it?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

On 4/23/2020 at 9:47 PM, enoob57 said:

their whole system is change but when it come to present laws they assume no change yet they are in the same as we present...

This is very ambiguous. Can you support this with examples? Can you provide any evidence for the statement you claim to be pseudoscience? What qualifications do you have to accurately distinguish pseudoscience from true science?

24 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

This is very ambiguous. Can you support this with examples? Can you provide any evidence for the statement you claim to be pseudoscience? What qualifications do you have to accurately distinguish pseudoscience from true science?

please you know well science is testable facts with control to verify results... evolution is faith based and violates the 5 established laws of thermodynamics... people who still believe in evolution are brain washed so that they see not the truth... you have the same material available as I do and science is about facts not faith... evolution is a religion and a poor one at that!

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

please you know well science is testable facts with control to verify results

I do. How is this relevant to your point? What are you attempting to articulate?

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

evolution is faith based and violates the 5 established laws of thermodynamics...

What are the 5 laws of thermodynamics and how does evolution violate them?

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

you have the same material available as I do and science is about facts not faith

Yes, data is data. Only YEC choose to ignore data, in favor of their own personal interpretation of the Genesis account. YEC ignore obvious things like the age of the universe demonstrated by the time required for light to reach our planet, and the age of the planet, which can be confirmed using radioisotope decay data from multiple different isotope series. YEC scientists have developed hypotheses in attempts to challenge these conclusions, but these fall completely flat due to lack of any sort of supporting evidence and lack of any way to test the hypotheses.

I'm really not dialoguing with you again over the same old stuff... just inserting facts so others can search it out for themselves :) :thumbsup:

49 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I'm really not dialoguing with you again over the same old stuff... just inserting facts so others can search it out for themselves :) :thumbsup:

Stephen, you have not once tried to actually discuss science with me. You make vague, unsupported assertions and disappear when I ask you to follow up. As usual, you have contributed precisely zero facts.

5 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Stephen, you have not once tried to actually discuss science with me. You make vague, unsupported assertions and disappear when I ask you to follow up. As usual, you have contributed precisely zero facts.

you have the same information as I and there it is ... no transitional fossils, mutation subtracts not adds, entropy, etc. All for which you have answers that satisfy your tended bias... The Bible itself is the big one for it does not yield to evolution one iota... the mere idea God uses death for life is absurd not to mention clear literal meaning of a seven 24 hour period of creation of Genesis and Exodus! The evidence is there you just reject it and you do so without the approval of God!!!