• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/1/2020 at 3:41 PM, creativemechanic said:

nothing at all. but read the comments (all authentic ones i heard) they go beyond  suggesting being proactive. If you gonna quote scripture about waiting on God for something, you cant then ask someone why havent they gotten something else and pressure them to get it.  Wouldnt it be that its not in Gods time yet?

What I conclude is you must attend a church full of people who must think there is something wrong with remaining unmarried. Such harassment like this would cause me to give them a "good telling off"  or  find another church were being single is accepted. 

Anyway...that is what I think. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

What I conclude is you must attend a church full of people who must think there is something wrong with remaining unmarried. Such harassment like this would cause me to give them a "good telling off"  or  find another church were being single is accepted. 

Anyway...that is what I think. 

Oh no. Not so much at  my church. Moreso coming from various other christians from various places and countries.  I think it's a cultural regional thing (Caribbean)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Similar sentiments can go to childless couples. I've heard of people being asked about when they're getting kids the day after their wedding

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Compartmentalization here is used in a way not typical so confuses me.  Dictionary: "the division of something into sections or categories."  We use this mental technique to sort things in our mind, keep them separated, defined, ordered.  It's a structured mental tool we all use so we can focus on what's important without losing the ability to solve other problems in the background.  We also use this tool to map relationships of all kinds.

In mental illness the term is used to define people who have multi-personality disorders.

When I view your graphical example what I'm seeing here is really about being double minded.  The example shows one treating their marriage one way and treating everything else another way.  Is this not really an example of hypocrisy?  From my experience, those with judgemental marriages are also plagued with lack of faith about everything and this in turn contaminates the relationship.  Maybe the faith confirmation strong one in church can convince others they are an unstoppable force while the partner at home knows all the flaws and doubts.

I see this original post as someone troubled by doubt at home and reconciling faith against the realities of living in a tough world while also trying to look strong.  Maybe also trying to understand what scriptural guidance applies to their problems.

Romans 7 and 8:

"I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.   For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man,   but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.   Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from  the body of this death?    Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

CHAPTER 8
 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."  (emphasis mine.)

Now to another point, I propose there are times we need to use judgment and not treat every situation or trouble or plan with the same scriptural brush.  The wisdom in the Bible is vast able to be specific AND general.  If scripture you know appears to contradict in giving direction for your cares, then I suggest reading more scripture or fighting just a bit harder to understand the context of the passage which confuses.  Often this will allow you to know a passage/verse is not intended for your situation.  Prayer to God is also needed in this situation that the purpose of scripture to guide you be made as clear as your mind can understand.

My personal experience is I find more direction and confidence when I decide to be content in my circumstances as apostle Paul explains:

Philippians 4:11

"Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.   I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.   I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

Looks like Paul learned something from Solomon:

2 Chronicles 1:11

"God said to Solomon, “Because you had this in mind, and did not ask for riches, wealth or honor, or the life of those who hate you, nor have you even asked for long life, but you have asked for yourself wisdom and knowledge that you may rule My people over whom I have made you king,   wisdom and knowledge have been granted to you. And I will give you riches and wealth and honor, such as none of the kings who were before you has possessed nor those who will come after you.”   So Solomon went from the high place which was at Gibeon, from the tent of meeting, to Jerusalem, and he reigned over Israel."

Lastly, is being double minded compartmentalization?  I suggest no.

James 1:5

"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.   But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind.   For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord,   being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways."

One way of resisting doubt is to dig in deep to scripture and not allow christianeze to confuse and destroy the simple truths a child would accept.  Stepping out with a decision is the fastest way I know to discover if it's of God or not.  If a decision to do good for someone else kills me, it's gain.  What we really fear is a decision which increases our suffering.  In God's eyes that is also gain as it results in humbleness and uncommon strength pointing to God.  If the most important decisions I make are to focus on doing good for myself only, I suffer in vain.

-Pv-

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I like that quote, "Abide in Me, and I in you."  I like the concept of abiding, to be with someone.  For me it's all about having a relationship with Jesus Christ.  A REAL one.