IGNORED

Does Christian really views other religion lead as Satan?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

If we are going to discuss “ Idol Worship”, let's not forget the most common idol of all—- Self ! Typified by an “ I WILL”mentality that says that   “ I WILL” add some Human Merit to the Gospel Of Grace  .....As in “ I will be good”,  “ I will obey the Commandments”,  “I will live by the Sermon on the Mound” , “ I will repent of all of my sins before I die”.....I could go on. Satan had the same “ Self” problem . “I WILL  be like The Most High”....  “ I WILL ascend.....” Satan’s great down fall was Pride. It’s only Human Pride that makes one think they have anything to offer for their Salvation other than their Faith in the Finished Work Of The Cross.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, wikey321 said:

Replies to dhchristian  --> So the question for you, or any Buddhist is: Will you remain on the same path living over and over again a life in this flesh never knowing true peace and communion with the creator God, because there is nothing you can do to save yourself?

In Buddhism belief, Buddha wants us to being responsible of our sin, re-learn and correct the mistake to avoid to living over and over again for the same mistake.  Pretty much different to Christian that Jesus can wipe off entirely their sin by accepting Christ. A question back to you, if someone that so evil in the entire life that create so much harm to human being, and the last minute of his life and accept Christ. Will he entitle to heaven? Would he harms other angels in the heaven too or even creating big havoc in heaven? 

Well, logically what Buddha trying to tell us (Buddhist), it is a cause and effect learning (karma in Buddhism). Practice it in our daily life to avoid harmful returns base on our action. You get your hand to fire, then you get your hand burns so will you do it next time?

Many teaching in Buddhism by high wisdom monks will discourage of worship too much and being too superstitious but rather understand the Sutra and being logical to apply in our daily life.  

Wikey,

You need to go introduce yourself at the welcome page to reply here. You just need to make a couple of posts there and then you will be able to reply. BTW, Welcome to The Forum.

All Sin has consequences, just because God can forgive those sins does not mean you avoid the consequences. If You murder someone you go to jail and live with the remorse of your actions. As for death bed conversions, they are no different than when you become a Christian from living a life as Buddhist. All sin is equal in God's eyes, and all of us have sinned. Remember his holiness demands that no sinful thing can come into his presence. The Blood of Jesus has the Power to wash away our sins, his sacrifice on the cross was all sufficient to cleanse us from all unrighteousness, whether that is murder or telling a white lie on your resume when you are looking for a job. Remember all sin is equal in God's eyes. 

In Man's eyes, there are degrees of sin. Murder is a more heinous crime than stealing food to feed your family if you're poor, that is because this is human to human relationship. There are many wise men out there who have wise things to say, But the Gospel of Jesus and the Way he set out for us is not based on the wisdom of men. In fact it is counter intuitive. Faith itself is illogical as you are believing in a hope that is not seen.  In Submitting to Christ Jesus you are made free. In Not working you produce Spiritual fruit because you are removing yourself from the equation. You see, when you are born of the Spirit it is the Spirit of God at work inside of you changing you from the inside out, Not us working by our own strength and will. There are many other paradoxes in the Christian faith that worldly wisdom has a hard time grasping.

You see man in his wisdom and hubris thinks he can reach God by working at it, Jesus said as he hung on the cross "it is finished". The Only thing we need to do is to have faith in that finished work and trust in his grace to finish its work in us.  Surrendering to His work in us brings about real change in us, that we cannot take pride in because it is not our work but His work in Us.... In Other words, God is at work in us cleansing us, making us ready. Do You see the difference between Buddhism and Christianity now? 

Buddhism is man trying to reach God, Christianity is God coming down to save mankind. Man trying to reach God will never lead to anything, only more sin, namely pride which is the Original sin (Man trying to become like God). But When God comes down and is our savior we can only glorify Him, for it is not what I have done, but what HE has done. Do You understand this difference? Do You see how Christianity can confound the wisest of men? 

The following passage illustrates this probably better than I can explain it.

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are calledBut God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. (1 Cor. 1;26-31)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Christianity is about God coming to us as a man to demonstrate the love and peace, the righteousness of God, and His unearned favor that we call grace.  He promised that He would send His spirit to those of us who ask, to give us the power and wisdom to share the good news of the coming of Christ and to enable us to follow Him.  Sadly, some people do this in their own wisdom and strength instead of God's.

Some buddhas are demons, such as the one with all the arms in SE Asia.  Some are like Zen or Confucius being ethical religions.  Most religions are about people trying to be good enough to go to Nirvana or to a heaven.  Christianity is about God humbling Himself and coming to us.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

15 hours ago, Godismyloveforever said:

Thanks for the thumbs up, dh. I hope he does it. I have pointed this out countless times to new members, but they never followed my advice and then dissapeared from the site.

i am still here. Just step back, think and observe first. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

welcome to worthy

3 hours ago, wikey321 said:

I strongly believe the way of approaching non Christian in this way would create strong anger and violence to each other among the   human race fellowship. Does Jesus really wants us to create fierce, anger and even a war to fight for him? I personally don't think so, that's why i come to Church to 2nd time to find out.  

Yes, in a way. Jesus sets himself apart from other religions on purpose, knowing it will enrage people who don't agree.

Matthew 10:33-35 King James Version (KJV)

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

The gospel isn't about making people feel good but inviting them into a complete transformation by repenting, believing in Jesus as Saviour, and submitting to Jesus as Lord and Master of our lives.

Even though Jesus' sacrifice in the cross is proof of his love for mankind, He won't compromise on being the only way to the Father in Heaven.

Still, He invites everyone to be saved by trusting in the name of Jesus. 

Wikey replies as below. Think positive always. 

---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_10

Verse 34[edit]

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send [or bring] peace, but a sword."[9][10]

This is a much-discussed passage, often explained in terms of the "apocalyptic-eschatological" context of the 1st century.[11]

R. T. France explains the verse, in context with the subsequent verse 35: "The sword Jesus brings is not here military conflict, but, as vv. 35–36 show, a sharp social division which even severs the closest family ties. … Jesus speaks here, as in the preceding and following verses, more of a division in men’s personal response to him."[12]

The text of Matthew's Gospel in the Book of Kells alters gladium, the Vulgate translation of makhairan "sword", to gaudium "joy", resulting in a reading of "I came not [only] to bring peace, but [also] joy".[13]

In other words, you want Jesus to agree with your way of doing things and philosophy? Christianity does not work like that.

1 minute ago, appy said:

In other words, you want Jesus to agree with your way of doing things and philosophy? Christianity does not work like that.

Already mentioned above --> What the message i would like to bring here is not to prove or promote Buddhism is the BEST religion but is pray to God to respect others religion. It's would be easier to influence other to accept Christ if you know well and understand the so call "Satan" or opponent strength and weakness. Let me know if i am wrong!

Also provided a link written by Christian above on how to handle Buddhist to enter Christian 

41 minutes ago, wikey321 said:

Wikey replies as below. Think positive always. I am close friendship to one the top Christian Organisation head in my country, i will find the right time and request the personnel to use this amended wording to paste all over the Church in my country. 

---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_10

Verse 34[edit]

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send [or bring] peace, but a sword."[9][10]

This is a much-discussed passage, often explained in terms of the "apocalyptic-eschatological" context of the 1st century.[11]

R. T. France explains the verse, in context with the subsequent verse 35: "The sword Jesus brings is not here military conflict, but, as vv. 35–36 show, a sharp social division which even severs the closest family ties. … Jesus speaks here, as in the preceding and following verses, more of a division in men’s personal response to him."[12]

The text of Matthew's Gospel in the Book of Kells alters gladium, the Vulgate translation of makhairan "sword", to gaudium "joy", resulting in a reading of "I came not [only] to bring peace, but [also] joy".[13]

ok, um... im now guessing english isn't your first language.  At the moment, I'm trying to multitask and reply here.  I will need awhile.