• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

All things are lawful, to those who are freed from the law of sin and death. Those who want to cling to the law, have to obey the whole law, and if he fails in one point is guilty of all. I doubt any of this is new to you, you just chose to be selective about which part of the Bible you believe, and appear toe reject the new, better covenant. Please, don't choose to be condemned by the law, choose freedom in Christ, that is want He died for.

Now, believers are free to obey, not compelled to be obedient to the law that no one has ever lived up to, except for Jesus of Nazareth. Praise to the Father sho sent his Son to exchange His righteousness for our sins.

I believe in only The Word, its these Doctrines who have taught to believe only in a sliver of the Bible, Im showing consistently from.Genesis to revelation the Knowlege of Sin is the same, itll never change. Its like when people first thought "Baptism" meant just a few drops of water sprinkled on a person, then they later came to.the understanding of full Immersion, as a result most Baptisims today are full immersion,..rightfully so...The teaching of abolishment of Torah is a similar situation that has to be dealt with in The Body. Bc it is the Knowledge of sin, and it exposes Christmas, Easter, breaking of Shabbat and His Feast, and eating of Unclean meats as errors and sins that currently exist with the body of Messiah. as Tim 3.16 (I believe it is) says all Sripture is profitable,FOR DOCTRINE, CORRECTION, AND INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS. Amen, its just one of those things..

And this scripture now applies to todays time. Bc of the teaching of abolishment 1000s of years ago, which was wrong... traditions of men.

Luke 5:39 King James Version (KJV)

39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better. 

so Its gonna take awhile for people to get used to this no doubt.

Deaut 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

7 And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.

8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.

Dogs arnt meant to be called food @ above comment. Food is defined in Levitvus 11.

Edited by Yishai

1 minute ago, Godismyloveforever said:

What is wrong with China Buffet?  

Lol all that shell fish, sushi, & pork(possibly cat)! Which all taste great, but just isnt meant to be actual food.

Bc im not a picky guy, I thought racoon tasted like roast beef, and I even like baby squid! haha, I havent found a animal that I cant enjoy yet!, haha.. but With the understanding of exactly what is sin and what is not, Im not going to try to eat like that no more, and try my best not to sin.

6 minutes ago, Godismyloveforever said:

Not mentioned above???? 

"men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth."

when you read "Food" in the Bible you can refer back to what the Bible labels as food, not what peoples culture calls food, and same for the word "sin" you can read that as, transgression of Torah. For example

"What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid."

so this above can be accurately read as, 

"What then? shall we transgress Torah, bc we are not Under Torah, but under grace? EL Forbid"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

And cheese. Lovely, yummy cheese ?

Chilled brie with caviar and Latte. Ambrosia and nectar... who could wish for more??

Too far for the helio.. sorry!

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

23 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, It is not clear that "we" do so willingly. God does expect me to know. I do have a duty to follow his command  to me exactly to the letter or legal definition.

What is not being addressed is that the Law of Moses is not one law. It is three sets of Law.

There being: 

1; Judicial Law( Civil) for Israel only.

2; Ceremonial Law pointing to a reality to come which is fulfille dby Jesus and is now done with.

3; The ten commandments the decalog which still applies to the church of Jesus today.

Today there are Legalists and there are Antinomianists,  or legalism and antinomianism. Freedom from the tyranny  of law does not mean freedom from LAw. Th eChristian is free to gladly submit to the Law of God. Note; love always proceeds God's love of his own. Love like a fathers love for his children to protect his children,  which works to his glory.

The first four commands of the decalog are vertical . They reference god's relation ship with his children and his children with him; 1 - Have no  other God befor eme, or besides me Singularity not preeminent One God only not God above many gods.

2 - Make no carved image ,like those that are the many gods of th epagans whether they be creatures above or on land or under the sea. Noting even the good gifts from God can be become an idol for the result thegift becomes worshipped instead of God the giver of the gift.

3 - Do not take/use the name LORD in vain, Do not be flippant in the use of His name.

4 - A sabbath day is holy a time of renewal  of refreshing and reflecting upon one's relationship with God.

These four commands  relate to a direct vertical relationship, man with  God God to man. The remaining six commands relate to  a horizontal relationship of man with man under God's headship or LORDship.; honor your parents, do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not testify falsely against your neighbor (or anyone), do not covert what is someone else's.

All ten commands still are fully in force for Christians with the proviso that Jesus upped the standard for obedience to them all at His sermon on the mount. with His declarations that the thought of sin is the same sin as the acting out of sin. To murder as a heart felt emotion  but not do the physical murder is the same sin, and so on. Even to the sabbath. So what of sabbath is it a particular day or not is it a 24 hour period, must it start on sunset of what we have named as Friday and does it start at sunset at the wall at Jerusalem as the watchman sees it disappear below the horizon at the wall? Therein is the discussion subject of Pharisees, hypocrites. If the thought is the same as the act for counting as sin, then the thought of rest ought be the same as rest itself also, should it not?

Perhaps only the sabbath the rest need be counted out as different from all other days the other days needing no individual name such as Monday or Thursday, but instead just day 2 and day 5 with only a sabbath being called out a sabbath. this is a grand debate.Personally I think I honor God spending a day in rest to reflect on Him nd to worship and encourage in corporate gathering at least once a week. Right now I am full of times of rest I uess as I do attend gatherings on multiple days and evenings of a week.

Recently I attended a Friday evening at a Messianic Christian congregation as well. I don't yet know if the worship program is fully understandable to me, no I do know; it is not fully understandable by me, least not yet.

Concluding with the beginning; I do separate law  the Torah, from law the Law of Moses the covenant of God with Moses. There is one Torah yet several covenants. The principles in each covenant  carries man under God through a particular period,  With some principles within the covenant being for that period alone while other principles carry through all covenants .

That is my thought  on the topic. The practical application being if it doesn't move to fast for me to catch and prepare I consider it good to eat, and do. Periwinkle anyone?

Thank you for  your thought Neighbor.  That is an interesting concept in that you brought up the Sabbath.  The majority for Christendom now continues with a pagan tradition that started with the early Christians of the Roman Empire thrived in pagan Rome.  The majority of Christians do not honor the Seventh Day of the week to rest for the Lord.  

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

How many chickens must you milk to get a pound of cheese?

Ya don't milk them, you put them thru a ringer and pickle the sludge...

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,664
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

51 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

Thank you for  your thought Neighbor.  That is an interesting concept in that you brought up the Sabbath.  The majority for Christendom now continues with a pagan tradition that started with the early Christians of the Roman Empire thrived in pagan Rome.  The majority of Christians do not honor the Seventh Day of the week to rest for the Lord.  

Hi, Please let me correct an impression I may have left within a poorly written paragraph. I do not honor a sabbath as one honors a clock and calendar- though I am thinking I may be better off to do so.

What I think I do is honor the principle  purposes of a sabbath. The thought of a rest and resting in reflection an dprayer and just waiting being  the same as physical resting period cut and dry.  

As I do not follow the feasts as required observance, I do not follow all sabbaths either. Though there too I find I am rethinking my honoring  of God's special sabbaths and feasts.

I confess it is  pretty easy for me  now as I am finally out of work or retired. I have worked all my life in service industries requiring coverage  24/7 so I have worked all sorts of odd schedules all my life. Now maybe I'll simply learn  of some things I really have not engaged in during my working careers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,664
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Praying for you and for the lady DustyRoad.

I certainly am not evaluating sabbath's in regard to my salvation.

Seems to me the tending of livestock has always been an issue  of exemption anyway. 

"One Sabbath, when he went to dine at the house of a ruler of the Pharisees, they were watching him carefully.  And behold, there was a man before him who had dropsy.  And Jesus responded to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath, or not?”  But they remained silent. Then he took him and healed him and sent him away.  And he said to them, “Which of you, having a son or an ox that has fallen into a well on a Sabbath day, will not immediately pull him out?”  And they could not reply to these things." - From Luke 14