• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Greetings Alive,

17 hours ago, Alive said:

I am not sure how your software works, but the most straight forward means of preserving your data is to keep a running back-up on an external drive. Again, depending on how your software integrates notes (or not), you could write notes as a text file and save them and then copy and paste them into your software.

I was interested in your OP on the Accordance Bible Software. This is the first time I have heard about this program and it looks very thorough. I use Windows and maybe Accordance was initially designed for Apple. I have been using a few programs, e-Sword and others, but I regularly use Logos 8. I started with NEBRL and this evolved into Libronix and now Logos version 8. I purchased many books some years ago at reasonable prices when they were available on CDs and access to these has been preserved throughout the program changes. The Logos 8 program is free but few books are free and some are too dear for my budget. I also have a large quantity of “in-house” books and magazines that run on Logos 8.

As far as saving notes, these are automatically updated to the Logos site and are thus preserved. I enjoy making notes especially on a few favourite chapters, and when I hear or read additional aspects a new note or adjustment to an old note is easy and appears as a popup in the Bible text. The Edit feature on the Notes is much improved in the more recent versions of Logos than the earlier versions. I was able to transfer my notes from Libronix to Logos when it was replaced. If you have the Logos program on two computers, a PC and a Laptop, then when the Laptop is started when connected to the Internet the notes recently added to the Notes feature of the Logos 8 on the PC are automatically transferred to the Laptop.

Kind regards Trevor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Hello Trevor. From what I have seen, I suspect that Logos is as robust and capable as Accordance. That wasn’t the case early on, but I think it is now.

I have had Accordance for nearly 20 years and it has grown significantly. I could never afford what I have now, as much of the core stuff was purchased over time and when it was less expensive. THe updates are either free or inexpensive. I came into it, at the right time.

Blessings and Peace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Almighty God.