• Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

"

‘You say that only 144,000 are going to be saved’

You might reply: ‘I am glad that you brought that up so I can tell you what we really believe. Salvation is open to just as many people as will demonstrate true faith in the provision that God has made through Jesus. But the Bible says that only 144,000 will go to heaven to be with Christ. Have you ever seen that in the Bible? . . . It is here at Revelation 14:1, 3.’ Then perhaps add: (1) ‘What will they do in heaven? (Rev. 20:6)’ (2) ‘It is obvious that they will be ruling over someone. Who might that be? . . . (Matt. 5:5;6:10)’"

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989266?q=works+salvation&p=par

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5

Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence May 1 1881

“We would like to correct this misapprehension once for all, by stating that we do not expect Jesus to come this year, nor any other year, for we believe that all time prophecies (bearing upon Jesus' coming) ended at and before the fall of 1874, and that He came there, and the second advent is now in progress and will continue during the entire Millennial age. We believe that his presence will be revealed to the eyes of men's understandings gradually during this 'Day of the Lord,' (forty years - from 1874 to 1914,) as it now is to ours; except that we, discern it through the word of prophecy revealed by the Spirit, and they will recognize his presence by His judgment upon Nominal Zion, and the World.”http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/1914.htm

Who is The 'Lord' as mentioned in Romans 10:12-16

1903 - 'Lord' refers to Jesus.
1940 - 'Lord' refers to Jehovah.
1978 - 'Lord' refers to Jesus.
1980 - 'Lord' refers to Jehovah.

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/flip-flops.html

When talking to our JW friends, the only thing that really matters is Who Jesus is.     Historical Christianity has always taught that he is fully God and fully Man.    The Watchtower teaches that he is a created being and is not God.   They even add the word other to Col 1 to avoid its true meaning.

https://www.namb.net/apologetics-blog/jehovaha-s-witnesses-glossary-words-and-concepts/

https://medium.com/@SylvianeNuccio/55-loaded-language-terms-only-jehovahs-witnesses-use-and-understand-2e89e8a906dd

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/bible-glossary/

On 3/14/2020 at 4:11 PM, maryjayne said:

Jehovah's witnesses cannot be indwelt with the Holy Spirit as they are not baptised as Christians, due to not believing who Jesus Christ truly is, so they cannot have faith in Him.

Logic.

I am simply pointing out that they have another Jesus a false Christ.   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 3/14/2020 at 3:25 PM, Daniel Marsh said:

"GO not from house to house. "

I never noticed that before, that's new to me. 

This has been taken out of context and given a new meaning! In so doing the poster is implying we are not to go door to door witnessing. That's far from what the bible is teaching in the passage.

This is about where the disciple was to dwell while in a town preaching.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/15/2020 at 2:32 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

This is from a JW website...

Your statement in your post is as follows: 

According to their website this statement is incorrect...

I haven't been around for a while and was just passing through, curious of news events,  but to set things in balance a little I'll share a few quotes from Taz Russell, the founder of JW's

"The man Jesus is dead, forever dead."

"The life force of Michael was placed into the ovum of Mary"

You see, this is where we get the belief that JWs believe Jesus was Michael the arch angel, but was He? What's Michaels life force?   To a JW life force is impersonal, no personality, except for Gods personal life force. God could swap the life force of a Moose with mine and we wouldn't know it happened. And a body without life force is dead, forever dead. So Michael is dead forever dead also, right? So who, or what, is the spirit creature sitting at the right hand of the father? 

They've not returned since I've asked that question.

Find a webpage of a ministry that rescues and witnesses to JWs and they will have an abundance of literature including writings from their beginning beliefs.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, Zemke said:

I haven't been around for a while and was just passing through, curious of news events,  but to set things in balance a little I'll share a few quotes from Taz Russell, the founder of JW's

"The man Jesus is dead, forever dead."

"The life force of Michael was placed into the ovum of Mary"

You see, this is where we get the belief that JWs believe Jesus was Michael the arch angel, but was He? What's Michaels life force?   To a JW life force is impersonal, no personality, except for Gods personal life force. God could swap the life force of a Moose with mine and we wouldn't know it happened. And a body without life force is dead, forever dead. So Michael is dead forever dead also, right? So who, or what, is the spirit creature sitting at the right hand of the father? 

They've not returned since I've asked that question.

Find a webpage of a ministry that rescues and witnesses to JWs and they will have an abundance of literature including writings from their beginning beliefs.

I am not surprised to read your post...

What a post!!!

The JW hold a bible in their hands...why don't you asked them to open their bible and see what it says about the birth of Jesus...

They believe that Jesus was resurrected from the dead just as it is in your bible...and ascended into haven and that we have forgiveness of sins in his blood...

PS

I am not a secret agent of the JW, but someone must say something on their behave....when they are spoken unfavorably in their absence in a very strong mind...which could be interpreted and translated as mockery...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/13/2020 at 10:41 PM, HAZARD said:

Jesus actually said, "Go not from house to house,"  . . . annoying people unless invited.

Luke 10:7, And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. GO not from house to house. 

On 3/14/2020 at 3:25 PM, Daniel Marsh said:

"GO not from house to house. "

I never noticed that before, that's new to me. 

1 hour ago, Mike 2 said:

This has been taken out of context and given a new meaning! In so doing the poster is implying we are not to go door to door witnessing. That's far from what the bible is teaching in the passage.

Luke 10 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Sends Out the Seventy-Two

10 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two[a] others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road.

“When you enter a house, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ If someone who promotes peace is there, your peace will rest on them; if not, it will return to you. Stay there, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house.  

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

4 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

Luke 10 New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

The Mission of the Seventy-two.[a] 1 After this the Lord appointed seventy[-two]  others whom he sent ahead of him in pairs to every town and place he intended to visit. 2 He said to them, “The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest. 3 Go on your way; behold, I am sending you like lambs among wolves. 4 [c]Carry no money bag, no sack, no sandals; and greet no one along the way. 5 Into whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace to this household.’[d] 6 If a peaceful person[e] lives there, your peace will rest on him; but if not, it will return to you. 7 Stay in the same house and eat and drink what is offered to you, for the laborer deserves his payment. Do not move about from one house to another. 8 Whatever town you enter and they welcome you, eat what is set before you, 9 cure the sick in it and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God is at hand for you.’ 10 Whatever town you enter and they do not receive you, go out into the streets and say, 11 ‘The dust of your town that clings to our feet, even that we shake off against you.’ Yet know this: the kingdom of God is at hand. 12 I tell you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom on that day than for that town.

On the bright side, when summer is back my church will be meeting in the park with chairs ten feet a part.

does anyone know where to get a free hazmat suit with its own air supply?