IGNORED

Gal 3:2-5 How did you receive the Spirit?

bcbsr

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,427
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

32 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Your faith is in a book, not a the PERSON of The WORD. Just like the scribes and Pharisees Knew every detail of the scriptures, but they could not see Jesus in them. I am afraid you are making the same error.

No my faith is produces by His Word (which is contained in book format)
Rom 10:17-18

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
KJV

This comment outright designs the sovereignty of God on your part, and actually points to you being deistic if anything.

I think you meant to write denies instead of designs :noidea: you may need just a tad more study on what deism is ... it's basic root is

DEISTS 

A class of people whose distinguishing character it is, not to profess any particular form or system of religion
(from Buck's Theological Dictionary. Biblesoft formatted electronic database. Copyright © 2015 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

DEISM
The knowledge of God came not through Jesus Christ or the power of the Holy Spirit, nor were the Christian Scriptures or church tradition necessary. God revealed himself in nature and through reason.
(from Dictionary of Christianity in America, edited by Daniel G. Reid, Robert D. Linder, Bruce L. Shelley and Harry S. Stout. © 1990 by InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA; published by InterVarsity Press. All rights reserved.)

God Can and does intervene in his creation all the time,

And He does so according to His Word ... that is how we are able to comply to God through reason

Isa 1:18

18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
KJV

Acts 17:2

2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
KJV

You are constraining Almighty God to your puny mind and comprehension, And this being the heart of the locking of Jesus out of the church that the letter to Laodicea speaks of. So with that I will close with the Question you refused to answer....

There exist no constraint but understanding it is God's designed method in this time

John 17:6-20

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
KJV

How do you KNOW you have a personal relationship with Him?

Because His Word says so ...
By the instruction of His Word as it has began to live within me so my mind is being renewed...
Daily I walk along an illumined path by The Scripture
Ps 119:105

105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
KJV

Prov 4:18

18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
KJV

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

As I walk I experience personal experiences but I do not lead people to those but to His Word that they in the same way, as I, can be lead...

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  16

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

I am truly sorry you do not believe He speaks today.....

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:   And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

6 hours ago, dhchristian said:
20 hours ago, enoob57 said:

You need to leave the emotion out of this and address the Scriptures... it is what a Christian site does! God does not bypass His Word to experience... for it is with The Word we verify the spirits that come to us

1 John 4:1-2

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
KJV

John at that time was addressing gnosticism which was a spiritual higher knowledge of God (spirit speaking directly to the heart/spirit of people... it was rebuked then and will be now by the children that hold the Scripture as the authority of life and Godliness....

I don't know why this would be difficult for anyone to see but then again,lol

Im just amazed that someone accuses Brother nooby of scholarly knowledge....just kidding

All kidding aside,no one should be claiming to know a mans heart or spirit However,we do know them by their fruits & in all the years I've known my blue faced Brother he has done nothing but displayed the good & beautiful Fruits of Holy Spirit ,time & time again.....there are no rotten,spoiled fruits there!

TheWord does indeed verify the spirits that come to us...& I've met a few in my day but I also Know Holy Spirit

7 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Both mentally knowing and experiencing him, are tools that God uses to get us to KNOW him though,

that is not by what I feel but what & WHO I KNOW....the Word of God   Mental knowing can be very deceptive,experience can deceive.....it is only Gods Word that will confirm

With love-inChrist,Kwik

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I am truly sorry you do not believe He speaks today.....

The problem of an open canon is Scripture... the canon of God Word is clearly sealed as the last book written (Revelation) covers all subject matter to the eternal state and then God writes this seal upon that subject matter

Rev 22:18-19

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
KJV

In fact The Book of Revelation is outlined by The Scripture itself

Rev 1:19

19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
KJV

and this is what places His Seal upon... so of open canon those hearing God speak new revelation today .... it is not God according to His Word but something other....

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The problem of an open canon is Scripture... the canon of God Word is clearly sealed as the last book written (Revelation) covers all subject matter to the eternal state and then God writes this seal upon that subject matter

No One here is saying the canon of scripture is still Open, But that God does still speak with His children. We Know him like we Know our earthly father, relationally he is not a distant God, But one who knows us and cares for us and walks with us as we journey through life. I am sorry you do not see this as this is the most precious thing we have in our faith, especially when He teaches us.

Consider John 16:12 as well, as he never ceased being "With us", God With us as his name means (Emmanuel). I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (John 16:12-13)

That Promise was not just for John and the Apostles, but all who receive the Spirit of Truth. The Spirit of Truth never ceased working in us after the Apostolic church age, But rather We have not let him finish His work in us because of attitudes such as you are preaching. This is the very reason that Jesus stands knocking on the door of the church in revelation having been kept out from finishing his work in the church, which has become ruled by scribes and charismatic men instead of the Head which is Christ Jesus. 

Do You at least see the point we are trying to express here to you? Your faith has led you to deny that God is the head of the Body, this is a form of Humanism and Deism in the church itself. It is not just you that I am pointing fingers at, but a churchwide Problem. It is not just a fundamentalist problem, but a charismatic one too, Which is what I am trying to explain here. This is exactly what Eph 4:14 is speaking of... That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

We Must Speak the Truth in Love: (Eph 4:15) It is not all experience and Love, Nor is it all rigid truth, But Love and Truth Joined together as one. Read those verses in context....

For me it is sad to see Christians failing to walk in the fulness of the Spirit. It is like car with one headlight, You might be able to get where you are headed, But you are going to struggle to see where you are going.

God Bless. 

BTW, Deism the denial of God at work in the World Today, that is why I equated your comment with deism. It was definitely not theistic. 

• Well Said! 1

we will just have to agree to disagree... you speak of open canon and then say you don't...  

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/05/1987

I really thought this was going to be a feel good thread where I could read stories of people receiving the spirit. 

Jesus came to me as an athiest and saved me from demonic attacks more than one time. No person will ever tell me different. I know who came to save me. One of the parables of Jesus that had me in tears was the 99 because I know that was me. He left the 99 to come get me. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

6 hours ago, PandaBurr said:

I really thought this was going to be a feel good thread where I could read stories of people receiving the spirit. 

Jesus came to me as an athiest and saved me from demonic attacks more than one time. No person will ever tell me different. I know who came to save me. One of the parables of Jesus that had me in tears was the 99 because I know that was me. He left the 99 to come get me. 

The Word of God is being held in highest authority and this doesn't make you feel good? Why? The 99 is Scripture and it is apparently that which drew you to Christ.... The apparent spirit of this thread is The Bible is just a book and maintains a substandard to that of relationship and feelings which are considered more pertinent as more of God and this is gnostic in it's roots! Read Psalms 119 and know God's feelings about His Word!!! And then ask am I really ready to be brought before The Lord with my attitude toward His Word...

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.39

9 hours ago, enoob57 said:

we will just have to agree to disagree... you speak of open canon and then say you don't...  

ignorance is bliss. 

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power : That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Cor 2:4-5, 9-14)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/05/1987

9 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The Word of God is being held in highest authority and this doesn't make you feel good? Why? The 99 is Scripture and it is apparently that which drew you to Christ.... The apparent spirit of this thread is The Bible is just a book and maintains a substandard to that of relationship and feelings which are considered more pertinent as more of God and this is gnostic in it's roots! Read Psalms 119 and know God's feelings about His Word!!! And then ask am I really ready to be brought before The Lord with my attitude toward His Word...

I didn't read the whole thread since it went off topic, but from what I read it seemed you were claiming Jesus wouldn't come to you unless you read your bible and give yourself to him first. Is that the jist of it or did I skip over too much of the thread ?

I read the parable of the 99 after and not before. Jesus definitely saved me from demonic attacks as an athiest. I was having spiritual experiences. It was a long time before I actually gave myself to him. My stories kind of long (years and involving way too much to type out), but it all came to a boiling point and God told me to go to church. As an athiest that is scary and awkward. At the time I didn't say God either, I said "something is telling me to go to church"...that something I know now was God. I didn't even want to involve anyone in my personal life because I didnt want anyone to know and I didnt want to go alone. At the same time this person showed up in my life just randomly who was christian. God put them there because it was just perfect timing. I only knew this person for 2 weeks and ask them to go to church with me and they did. They disappeared out of my life after this, but that day in church I accepted Jesus. 

I would never deny Gods word, but I couldn't bring up bible versus to prove what I went through because I havent finished reading my bible and I'm just not that well versed yet :) I know what happened to me was from God. Honestly it wouldnt make sense any other way. If the spirit isn't God then it can only be satan. In that case then satan saved me from satan and satan told me to go to church only to lead me to God. That really wouldn't make any sense and would mean satan sucks at his job.