IGNORED

Gal 3:2-5 How did you receive the Spirit?

bcbsr

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,427
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

7 hours ago, Flowersun said:

No....it wasn't like,what you have tried to explain.

No disrespect enoob...you didn't/don't know my heart/spirit back then or now.

It is not necessary to know your heart/spirit... I just need to know God through His Word... God is not a liar and what He has said He does!
God's method of evangelizing the world is through His Word  Romans 10  and is very specific here

John 17:5-8

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.     How?

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
KJV

everything is based on God's Word... in Jesus' economy...

Like I said,it was a private revelation ,heart to heart with God....much to private to share the full encounter I had with God.

bypassing God's Word, which according to God's Word, God will not do! Even The Son Jesus testifies of this (above) even the seed of God's intent 'IS' His Word...

I Am Born Again....through the power of the Holy Spirit...by his wonderful grace he poured his Spirit/Love into my spirit....a miracle...words could never express,what he gave to me that evening....the more I walk with him...the more he reveals himself to me......

No matter the flowery words and Bible like terms you use the fact remains you claim God bypassed His Word and was directly spirit to spirit (your words)... However God's intent is

John 17:14-17

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
KJV

God's ways are not our ways....if you don't understand any of this..no worries......the main thing is I do....for 28 yrs I have been born again.......even today....I still can't understand why he chose me....but he did......

God tells us of His Ways of evangelizing in The Scripture 

John 17:18-20

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; (this would be The NT of His Blood through The Word)
KJV

He planted his seed into my spirit....where it has grown and continues to do so.....I love the way he is slowly renewing my mind...making me more like Jesus.....nothing forced....just a beautiful natural growing.

In mind and spirit.....Praise God!!.....

The seed God uses is His Word
Luke 8:11

11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
KJV
That which you testify God did not use! Why God says His seed is His Word and you say it is not is the quandary here / is it not?

Based on everything from Scripture satan wants to bypass God's Word so that he may be god...
John 10:1-2

10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
KJV

The Shepherd is identified in John 1 as 'The living Word Jesus'who walked among men in flesh.... Now is the written Word/Scripture along with The Holy Spirit empowered by the Gospel of salvation... all of which you claim God bypassed completely?

2 Cor 11:14-15

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
KJV

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,894
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

53 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

It is not necessary to know your heart/spirit... I just need to know God through His Word... God is not a liar and what He has said He does!
God's method of evangelizing the world is through His Word  Romans 10  and is very specific here

John 17:5-8

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.     How?

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
KJV

everything is based on God's Word... in Jesus' economy...

bypassing God's Word, which according to God's Word, God will not do! Even The Son Jesus testifies of this (above) even the seed of God's intent 'IS' His Word...

No matter the flowery words and Bible like terms you use the fact remains you claim God bypassed His Word and was directly spirit to spirit (your words)... However God's intent is

John 17:14-17

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
KJV

God tells us of His Ways of evangelizing in The Scripture 

John 17:18-20

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; (this would be The NT of His Blood through The Word)
KJV

The seed God uses is His Word

KJV
That which you testify God did not use! Why God says His seed is His Word and you say it is not is the quandary here / is it not?

Based on everything from Scripture satan wants to bypass God's Word so that he may be god...
John 10:1-2

10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
KJV

The Shepherd is identified in John 1 as 'The Word'.... 

John 9 New King James Version (NKJV)

A Man Born Blind Receives Sight

Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. I[a] must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

When He had said these things, He spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva; and He anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay. And He said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing.

Therefore the neighbors and those who previously had seen that he was [b]blind said, “Is not this he who sat and begged?”

Some said, “This is he.” Others said, [c]“He is like him.”

He said, “I am he.

10 Therefore they said to him, “How were your eyes opened?”

11 He answered and said, “A Man called Jesus made clay and anointed my eyes and said to me, ‘Go to [d]the pool of Siloam and wash.’ So I went and washed, and I received sight.”

12 Then they said to him, “Where is He?”

He said, “I do not know.”

The Pharisees Excommunicate the Healed Man

13 They brought him who formerly was blind to the Pharisees. 14 Now it was a Sabbath when Jesus made the clay and opened his eyes. 15 Then the Pharisees also asked him again how he had received his sight. He said to them, “He put clay on my eyes, and I washed, and I see.”

16 Therefore some of the Pharisees said, “This Man is not from God, because He does not [e]keep the Sabbath.”

Others said, “How can a man who is a sinner do such signs?” And there was a division among them.

17 They said to the blind man again, “What do you say about Him because He opened your eyes?”

He said, “He is a prophet.”

18 But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind and received his sight, until they called the parents of him who had received his sight. 19 And they asked them, saying, “Is this your son, who you say was born blind? How then does he now see?”

20 His parents answered them and said, “We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind; 21 but by what means he now sees we do not know, or who opened his eyes we do not know. He is of age; ask him. He will speak for himself.” 22 His parents said these things because they feared the Jews, for the Jews had agreed already that if anyone confessed that He was Christ, he would be put out of the synagogue. 23 Therefore his parents said, “He is of age; ask him.”

24 So they again called the man who was blind, and said to him, “Give God the glory! We know that this Man is a sinner.”

25 He answered and said, “Whether He is a sinner or not I do not know. One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see.”

26 Then they said to him again, “What did He do to you? How did He open your eyes?”

27 He answered them, “I told you already, and you did not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you also want to become His disciples?”

28 Then they reviled him and said, “You are His disciple, but we are Moses’ disciples. 29 We know that God spoke to Moses; as for this fellow, we do not know where He is from.”

30 The man answered and said to them, “Why, this is a marvelous thing, that you do not know where He is from; yet He has opened my eyes! 31 Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him. 32 Since the world began it has been unheard of that anyone opened the eyes of one who was born blind. 33 If this Man were not from God, He could do nothing.”

34 They answered and said to him, “You were completely born in sins, and are you teaching us?” And they [f]cast him out.

True Vision and True Blindness

35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him, “Do you believe in the Son of [g]God?”

36 He answered and said, “Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?”

37 And Jesus said to him, “You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you.”

38 Then he said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him.

39 And Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind.”

40 Then some of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these words, and said to Him, “Are we blind also?”

41 Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.  

the one who was blind and Jesus open his eyes....Jesus also open his spiritual eyes....

We cannot tell Jesus Christ what to do....he does not need our permission and we cannot judge his ways.....but sometimes we do....in sincerity of conscience...  

Which takes us to Paul ...who prosecuted those Jesus had bless with sincerity in his conscience....believing he was doing the right thing......following in his understanding...

In due time he admitted he was not right....in due time....

The man the elders attempted to weaken his faith in Jesus... The more they tried to make him weak ....the stronger he became in his faith....and Jesus welcome with open arms....

Jesus loves to shine his light upon us ....not according to the will of others but according to his will and no one can tell him NO....

56 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

John 9 New King James Version (NKJV)

A Man Born Blind Receives Sight

Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. I[a] must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

When He had said these things, He spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva; and He anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay. And He said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing.

Therefore the neighbors and those who previously had seen that he was [b]blind said, “Is not this he who sat and begged?”

Some said, “This is he.” Others said, [c]“He is like him.”

He said, “I am he.

10 Therefore they said to him, “How were your eyes opened?”

11 He answered and said, “A Man called Jesus made clay and anointed my eyes and said to me, ‘Go to [d]the pool of Siloam and wash.’ So I went and washed, and I received sight.”

12 Then they said to him, “Where is He?”

He said, “I do not know.”

The Pharisees Excommunicate the Healed Man

13 They brought him who formerly was blind to the Pharisees. 14 Now it was a Sabbath when Jesus made the clay and opened his eyes. 15 Then the Pharisees also asked him again how he had received his sight. He said to them, “He put clay on my eyes, and I washed, and I see.”

16 Therefore some of the Pharisees said, “This Man is not from God, because He does not [e]keep the Sabbath.”

Others said, “How can a man who is a sinner do such signs?” And there was a division among them.

17 They said to the blind man again, “What do you say about Him because He opened your eyes?”

He said, “He is a prophet.”

18 But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind and received his sight, until they called the parents of him who had received his sight. 19 And they asked them, saying, “Is this your son, who you say was born blind? How then does he now see?”

20 His parents answered them and said, “We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind; 21 but by what means he now sees we do not know, or who opened his eyes we do not know. He is of age; ask him. He will speak for himself.” 22 His parents said these things because they feared the Jews, for the Jews had agreed already that if anyone confessed that He was Christ, he would be put out of the synagogue. 23 Therefore his parents said, “He is of age; ask him.”

24 So they again called the man who was blind, and said to him, “Give God the glory! We know that this Man is a sinner.”

25 He answered and said, “Whether He is a sinner or not I do not know. One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see.”

26 Then they said to him again, “What did He do to you? How did He open your eyes?”

27 He answered them, “I told you already, and you did not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you also want to become His disciples?”

28 Then they reviled him and said, “You are His disciple, but we are Moses’ disciples. 29 We know that God spoke to Moses; as for this fellow, we do not know where He is from.”

30 The man answered and said to them, “Why, this is a marvelous thing, that you do not know where He is from; yet He has opened my eyes! 31 Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him. 32 Since the world began it has been unheard of that anyone opened the eyes of one who was born blind. 33 If this Man were not from God, He could do nothing.”

34 They answered and said to him, “You were completely born in sins, and are you teaching us?” And they [f]cast him out.

True Vision and True Blindness

35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him, “Do you believe in the Son of [g]God?”

36 He answered and said, “Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?”

37 And Jesus said to him, “You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you.”

38 Then he said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him.

39 And Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind.”

40 Then some of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these words, and said to Him, “Are we blind also?”

41 Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.  

the one who was blind and Jesus open his eyes....Jesus also open his spiritual eyes....

We cannot tell Jesus Christ what to do....he does not need our permission and we cannot judge his ways.....but sometimes we do....in sincerity of conscience...  

Which takes us to Paul ...who prosecuted those Jesus had bless with sincerity in his conscience....believing he was doing the right thing......following in his understanding...

In due time he admitted he was not right....in due time....

The man the elders attempted to weaken his faith in Jesus... The more they tried to make him weak ....the stronger he became in his faith....and Jesus welcome with open arms....

Jesus loves to shine his light upon us ....not according to the will of others but according to his will and no one can tell him NO....

until you learn to rightly divide the Word of truth as God says you are to do you will get this incorrect application of His Word...

1 hour ago, Flowersun said:

I sought God through my heart/spirit......unknowingly at the time.....not through the bible........the bible played no part in my becoming born again......as I have explained many times....a private revelation ,between God and myself..

As I have told you many times God's Word does not support this that you claim... and God claims His Scripture to be the only foundation for life and Godliness!

2 Peter 1:1-3

1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
KJV

56 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

1 Corinthians 3:6

I planted the seed,Apollos watered it,but God made it grow.

So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything,but only God,who makes things grow.

The only seed in reference to this above is from Jesus' own lips

KJV

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/20/2020 at 9:38 AM, bcbsr said:

How did you receive the Spirit?

Gal 3:2-5 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard?  Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?  Have you suffered so much for nothing— if it really was for nothing?  Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?

Paul presumes that they had received the Spirit. After all it says, "if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ." Rom 8:9 Once a person comes to faith in Christ he receives the Spirit. The point here is that the receiving of the Spirit is not a matter of ceremony or following certain rules and regulations. It's not even a matter of prayer, nor of wishful thinking. It's a matter of believing the gospel.

Paul says elsewhere, "As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him." Col 2:6 The way you're supposed to receive Christ is by faith and not by ceremony; not by following certain rules and regulations. And in the same manner you received Christ, so you're supposed to live - by faith.

By "human effort" Paul is referring to relying upon rituals to attain the goal. The observance of days, the eating or abstaining from certain foods, or even water baptism and communion - if people are relying on such things to achieve their goal, then they are caught up in legalism. It is not that rituals are bad, or even inappropriate. For some, such as water baptism and communion, are even commanded by the Lord. But the issue of legalism comes up when people rely upon the ceremonial aspects of these to confer some sort of grace or salvation.

Furthermore when Paul speaks of "faith" here obviously he is referring to faith in Christ and not faith in ceremonies or rituals. For indeed the Galatians were exercising "a faith" - but it was a faith in ceremonies and not a faith in Christ.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Everyone receives the Spirit of God the same way,  by Faith, = we are "indwelled".

God comes to live inside us at the moment of our conversion, (Born again), and we become his ETERNAL human temple.

God is Holy Light, Jesus is the Light of the World, and we are re-created as New Creations "In Christ" as "children <> OF<> the Light".

God's very LIFE is Jesus risen, who Hiself is "the resurrection and the life", and He Himself is "Eternal Life", so, when we are born again, we are joined as "One" with God and Christ. 

Salvation is nothing more then becoming one with the ONE who (ARE) LIFE.  At conversion we are jointed to this LIFE, that is God, that is Christ, that is Eternal.

Edited by Behold

18 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

Luke 8:11-15

This is the meaning of the parable:

The seed is the word of God.

Those along the path are the ones who hear,and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts,so that they may not believe and be saved.

Those on the rock are the ones who recieve the word with joy when they hear it,but they have no root.

They believe for a while,but in the time of testing they fall away.

The seed that fell among the thorns stand for those who hear,but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries ,riches and pleasures,and they do not mature.

But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart,who hear the word,retain it,and by persevering produce a crop.

You really should reconsider your salvation for from your own testimony you never received Seed/Word... God offers no other way! For it is by faith that we are saved and faith is generated by God's Word... 

Jude 3

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.   Scripture!
KJV

Rom 10:13-17

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.  The process
KJV

the necessity of the Gospel is clearly outlined for it is totally of God who knocks upon the door of hearts with it's use by the power of The Holy Spirit.... 

4 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

I think you need to be careful...what you say to a believer....and how they should reconsider their salvation...who happens to be "me".....

Praise God...for he has taken up residence in my heart.

I wouldn't dream of saying,what you said to me...back to you.....only God is my judge...praise his Honly Name.....

I don't know what has taken place in your heart but by your own testimony it was 'NOT' the seed of the Word of God :noidea: 
By the way it's okay to testify that it is not the Word of God that saves us contrary to what the Word of God says...

• Praise God! 1

7 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

I wouldn't dream of saying,what you said to me...back to you.....only God is my judge...praise his Honly Name.....

Jesus said this to you!
John 12:48

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
KJV

1 minute ago, Flowersun said:

You have no idea...that God has taken up residence in my heart....I recieved a measure of faith wam bam...straight to my heart from God.....it overwhelmed me!....now....if you as a "human being" can't understand that...then so be it...as long as God and I do....that's all that matters to me...

Loved one I have given you God's Word on the matter and you reject that Word... it's on you not on me for I determine all things by the authority of Scripture and nothing else :) 

as long as God and I do....that's all that matters to me...

without the Word of God nothing can be determined as from God... it was the creative Word, The Living Word, The Scripture and all hinged as from God :thumbsup: