JAG**

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On Humans-Cease-To-Exist Atheism there is no ultimate difference in the end of a human being and a cockroach, in that both have the same ultimate destiny, namely oblivion as  in ceasing to exist.

Some atheists say that humans cease to exist after death. Other atheists say  they do not know if humans cease to exist after death, that there may be an afterlife.

The following thoughts are a response directed ONLY to those atheists that say humans cease to exist after death. That which ceases to exist has no ultimate worth and value. Nothing cannot be  valuable.

On Cease-To-Exist Atheism humans have the same identical ultimate worth and value as does a cockroach, namely oblivion as in ceasing to exist. This cannot be denied.  It is factually true.

Please note the key word in the above statements, the key word is ultimate. If you ignore this word ultimate, then you do not have my position. How so?

Because I cheerfully  admit that atheists  have present worth and value to their own self in their own mind and feelings. But on Cease-To-Exist Atheism, atheists  have no ultimate worth and value
because they cease to exist and that which ceases to exist has no ultimate worth and value. Nothing cannot be valuable. 0 + 0 = 0.
Ultimate definition: "being or happening at the end of a process"

Repeat for emphasis:

On Cease-To-Exist Atheism atheists  will cease to exist at the end of the process of their life. Therefore on Cease-To-Exist Atheism atheists  have the identical ultimate end as does a cockroach, namely ceasing to exist as in oblivion.

Therefore on Cease-To-Exist Atheism atheists  have, like the cockroach, no ultimate worth and value. That which no longer exists is not worth anything. Its utterly impossible for nothing to be valuable. And on Cease-To-Exist Atheism,

atheists  end up ultimately in oblivion, as in nothing.

Sad to be sure. 

The Lord Jesus says about His sheep. "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. John 10:28 

The point of my Opening Post is to show the absurdity of Humans-Cease-To-Exist Atheism.

Edited by JAG**
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 minutes ago, JAG** said:

I'm sure atheists like to THINK everyone ultimately ends up in oblivion, but as we know from the Bible this is not so.

One of the false religious beliefs of Buddhism is that after many reincarnations if a person reaches the highest level of enlightenment they achieve nirvana, literally exctinction (see below).

nirvana

(nɪəˈvɑːnə; nɜː-)

n
(Buddhism) Buddhism Hinduism final release from the cycle of reincarnation attained by extinction of all desires and individual existence, culminating (in Buddhism) in absolute blessedness, or (in Hinduism) in absorption into Brahman
[C19: from Sanskrit: extinction, literally: a blowing out, from nir- out + vāti it blows]
nirˈvanic adj
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Michael37 said:

I'm sure atheists like to THINK everyone ultimately ends up in oblivion, but as we know from the Bible this is not so.

Exactly!  That is what the Humans-Cease-To-Exist atheists erroneously think about their end.

However not all atheists say that, Some atheists say that humans cease to exist after death.

Other atheists say  they do not know if humans cease to exist after death, that there may be an

afterlife.

The point of my Opening Post was to show the absurdity of Humans-Cease-To-Exist Atheism.

On Humans-Cease-To-Exist Atheism there is no ultimate difference in the end of a human being

and a cockroach, in that both have the same ultimate destiny, namely oblivion as  in ceasing to exist.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, JAG** said:

On Humans-Cease-To-Exist Atheism there is no ultimate difference in the end of a human being and a cockroach, in that both have the same ultimate destiny, namely oblivion as  in ceasing to exist.

Death is not the end.

Its just a door that opens to eternity.

John Lennon, a famous "Beatle", once wrote......."imagine there's no heaven, its easy if you try, ... no hell below us, above us only Sky".

Well, thats like the Devil's National Anthem, isn't it??

And i can promise you, that if John didnt call on the name of Jesus when he was shot 5 times and bleeding out while laying on the stairs leading to his Hotel, he is now for the last 40 yrs found out the hard way that there was indeed  ""a heaven above us and a hell below.""

Reader, don't be the next one like that..

• Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, Behold said:

Death is not the end.

Its just a door that opens to eternity.

John Lennon, a famous "Beatle", once wrote......."imagine there's no heaven, its easy if you try, ... no hell below us, above us only Sky".

Well, thats like the Devil's National Anthem, isn't it??

And i can promise you, that if John didnt call on the name of Jesus when he was shot 5 times and bleeding out while laying on the stairs leading to his Hotel, he is now for the last 40 yrs found out the hard way that there was indeed  ""a heaven above us and a hell below.""

Reader, don't be the next one like that..

Exactly

That's why my Opening Post said this:

"Sad to be sure. 

The Lord Jesus says about His sheep. "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. John 10:28 

The point of my Opening Post is to show the absurdity of Humans-Cease-To-Exist Atheism."___JAG in the Opening Post 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, JAG** said:

Exactly

That's why my Opening Post said this:

"Sad to be sure. 

The point of my Opening Post is to show the absurdity of Humans-Cease-To-Exist Atheism."___JAG in the Opening Post 

Yes, exactly.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

On 3/27/2020 at 6:54 PM, JAG** said:

Some atheists say that humans cease to exist after death. Other atheists say  they do not know if humans cease to exist after death, that there may be an afterlife.

The following thoughts are a response directed ONLY to those atheists that say humans cease to exist after death. That which ceases to exist has no ultimate worth and value. Nothing cannot be  valuable.

On Cease-To-Exist Atheism humans have the same identical ultimate worth and value as does a cockroach, namely oblivion as in ceasing to exist. This cannot be denied.  It is factually true.

Please note the key word in the above statements, the key word is ultimate. If you ignore this word ultimate, then you do not have my position. How so?

Because I cheerfully  admit that atheists  have present worth and value to their own self in their own mind and feelings. But on Cease-To-Exist Atheism, atheists  have no ultimate worth and value
because they cease to exist and that which ceases to exist has no ultimate worth and value. Nothing cannot be valuable. 0 + 0 = 0.
Ultimate definition: "being or happening at the end of a process"

Repeat for emphasis:

On Cease-To-Exist Atheism atheists  will cease to exist at the end of the process of their life. Therefore on Cease-To-Exist Atheism atheists  have the identical ultimate end as does a cockroach, namely ceasing to exist as in oblivion.

Therefore on Cease-To-Exist Atheism atheists  have, like the cockroach, no ultimate worth and value. That which no longer exists is not worth anything. Its utterly impossible for nothing to be valuable. And on Cease-To-Exist Atheism,

Sad to be sure. 

The point of my Opening Post is to show the absurdity of Humans-Cease-To-Exist Atheism.

I disagree with your premise and I don't believe you've made a case for your claim that humans ceasing to exit is absurd. If a person dies and decays into the elements of the earth, is that not ceasing to exist?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Butch5 said:

I disagree with your premise and I don't believe you've made a case for your claim that humans ceasing to exit is absurd. If a person dies and decays into the elements of the earth, is that not ceasing to exist?

Mark 9:43-44

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
KJV

it is notable that even memory of them will cease in the eternal state... they will be existent only unto their own suffering without God- horror is not enough word to fully understand this...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

28 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Mark 9:43-44

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
KJV

it is notable that even memory of them will cease in the eternal state... they will be existent only unto their own suffering without God- horror is not enough word to fully understand this...

I don't think they will exist.

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

KJV

Jesus said they will "die in their sins" John 8:24

God says that His Wrath is on them..  John 3:36

The only part of an atheist that will cease is their body.

Their body will die, and they will be very surprised to find that THEY didn't.

And that "they", that "inner part", the literal part that is eternal and rejected Christ, is going to hit Revelation 20:11 and continue.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1