• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

What is the point of anything? Vanity of vanities is life in the earth. We all live to simply die one day. What is the point? That which we acquire physically is what we will eventually leave to others when our lives are over. The Bible teaches that once the spirit of man leaves the body that it returns to God who gave it and the body returns to the dust from which it came. What is the point if the spiritual and the natural both return to the same place where they came from? The question is absolutely frustrating as everything in existence seems totally pointless.

Is it just me that feels life is this way? Or could it be that I am frustrated with the normal purposes that most people find fulfilling because they literally don't fulfill me? Is this because those peoples before us in this earth have robbed humanity of the true intentions of our ever existing? There are those who argue that the Bible we have today is the infallible, eternal blueprint for life given to mankind by writers inspired by a loving God to give us instructions for living in this earth. But the record of existence seems to be incomplete.

Consider the following questions and if you truly have a definitive, concrete, viable answer.

- In the biblical account of Genesis we read that God created Adam and Eve then gave them one commandment which they broke. Then we read that God cursed the earth from whence He made man and then, man was put out of the garden of Eden. If God Who knows everything and by Whom all things exist knew that mankind would damn creation, why create it? Cain killed his brother Abel and subsequently wouldn't admit it to God, but rather avoided the question from God (where is Abel your brother) by posing a question to God (am I my brother's keeper?). Then we read that God cursed Cain by some sort of mark on him so that nobody would kill him in the earth. We see the record then that Cain went out to another place in the earth and took a wife. Where did she come from? There is no biblical account of anyone in the earth except Adam and Eve? Later we read that it repented God that He had made man and was going to destroy everyone created, but Noah found grace in His eyes to keep man on the earth after all.  

I did find that there is a book of Adam and Eve which was never approved to be scripture by the Church many, many years ago and as such, was not allowed to be biblical history per se. Yet, it answers some questions specifically. For example, the question about where Cain's wife came from is clearly answered. The book of Adam and Eve states that Cain married his sister and moved from Eden. Answers that question doesn't it.

But God still created it all didn't He? And God already knew man would mess up perfection of creation by sin. What then is the point of anything? Does it not seem to be absolute vanity?

What is the point? If man was to live and die anyway, why? Adam was created and put into a world that was to be cursed by death. What is the point? Everything lives and then eventually dies, from insects to people. Life is death. Death is life. What is the point?

The Bible record (that we have) shows that Israel was put into slavery by Egypt (where Moses came from) who subsequently was appointed by God to be their ruler. What? God put Pharaoh, the slave ruler, into authority over His own people? What is the point? The New Testament record tells us that all things written about the Israelites was for our example that we shouldn't lust after things the way they did and that we should rather obey God's commands.

What if God has truly given man the ability to create his own future, his own destiny, literally his own world around him? But this ability is limited only by mans own limitations which he, himself, allows to keep him from realizing his own potential. Is there anyone else in the world who thinks this way? Are there any who ask the same questions? Are there any who have ever found the answers in truth? Could it be that the answers simply are not available to man? Or could it be that those answers are simply there for the finding by those who wholly seek them? I am perplexed by the purpose of my existence and disdain the reality which everyone seems to accept as the normal. I just know in my deepest being that there is more to everything than that which appears to be. Is it not my right to know? In the biblical record of Jesus interacting with His disciples, they once asked Him why He spoke to the multitudes in parables and only revealed more of reality to them? His answer was that it was given to them understand. Why then don't I understand? Jesus said to seek and you would find, ask and it would be given, knock and it would be opened.....so I do. But where are the answers?

Has God put it in my heart to ask the questions that I ask? Is it because I am to seek the answers? Maybe God put it my heart to know that there is more to life than the mundane reality which seems to prevail in the earth. Talk about frustrating to absolutely making one crazy.  Why would God do that? In the book of Job we read a story about God asking Job where he was when God created everything and other perplexing questions.  In the end, however, God is recorded as blessing Job even more than before. What was the point of that story? In the New Testament book of James we read that we are to consider the latter end of Job.  We must remember that there was a spiritual aspect to the story. In the spirit world we have God inquiring of the devil if he'd considered His servant Job. Subsequently the devil responds that Job was the way he was because God had set a hedge of protection around him. Then we have the record of God subsequently allowing the devil to tempt Job. Doesn't this coincide with the Lord Jesus and Peter in the New Testament? Peter had just had the revelation that Jesus was the Son of God and Jesus had said he was blessed with the very thing that He would build His church with. Shortly thereafter Jesus is telling Peter that the devil had asked to tempt Peter and that He had prayed for him that his faith didn't fail.

Why would a loving God, Creator, create everyone to simply die or be tempted to do evil? It doesn't make sense according to reasoning. What is the point? Could it be that we have a much bigger purpose in creation?

Obviously that is a question beyond our natural understanding.  Seek to find the answer with all of your soul.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

Shalom @branchesofHim

It sounds like you are going through some stormy waters at the moment.  However, I thank Yahweh for this as this is often indicative of when someone is soon to "Level Up" in their faith and become stronger.

11 hours ago, branchesofHim said:

What is the point if the spiritual and the natural both return to the same place where they came from? The question is absolutely frustrating as everything in existence seems totally pointless.

Not quite my friend.  This body we have now will be resurrection and purified to a higher state of existence one day.  

Consider our body (Nephesh in Hebrew) to be like an spacesuit or rather an "earth suit".  In order for your spirit to live and interact with this realm, it needs to be inside a Nephesh (or suit) to interact with it.

Now, this was meant to be our original lives, but sin entered the world through Adam and Eve and so all our earth suits have the corrupted DNA in their "programming", giving us this fallen state.

However, Yahweh has made a way for us to survive the death and live forever.  And, when we do, we will be living here on a renewed earth with Yahweh who will live with us in New Jerusalem.  We will rule and reign with Him with powers and appearances and rewards to incredible for our simple minds to understand now.

This life is far from pointless.  This is like a "training ground" to test, prove and know what's in our hearts - so that in the new world we won't have another Adam and Eve scenario happen again.  Rather, we will be reborn with our whole previous lives behind us and knowing and choosing His way - as by definition those are they who get resurrected to eternal life.

Or could it be that I am frustrated with the normal purposes that most people find fulfilling because they literally don't fulfill me?

I agree.  This world is tiresome and what most people find entertaining or fulfilling seems boring to me.  It's ultimately empty or a waste of time.  Strangely, studying His Word is the only thing that I find exciting.  I never thought I would say that when I was an unbeliever! Hehe.

If God Who knows everything and by Whom all things exist knew that mankind would damn creation, why create it?

So if you knew you could have a big family and some of your children would hate you and some would love you, would you have none at all?  It's necessary that evil lives with us for now.  Some will be evil and some will be good.  Until the evil is removed, we must bear with them.  Consider then how great Yahweh's patience is and how much longsuffering He has.  

But in summary.  If man can be created and some will do good and some will do bad - should they not be created at all?  Or should they be created and the bad one day removed for the good to thrive?

I did find that there is a book of Adam and Eve which was never approved to be scripture by the Church many, many years ago and as such, was not allowed to be biblical history per se. Yet, it answers some questions specifically. For example, the question about where Cain's wife came from is clearly answered. The book of Adam and Eve states that Cain married his sister and moved from Eden. Answers that question doesn't it.

True, I have read that book and I believe it is meant to be read and understood today.  In fact there are many allusions elsewhere in the the Bible that reflect parts of that book.  In my mind, it should be read with the Bible, along with a handful of others.  Such as the Book of Enoch, Jubilees (both in Dead Sea Scrolls), 2 Esdras (included with the 1611 KJV), 2 Baruch and a few others.  Although I would recommend you get very familiar with the WHOLE Bible first before digging into the "hidden books".  

But God still created it all didn't He? And God already knew man would mess up perfection of creation by sin. What then is the point of anything? Does it not seem to be absolute vanity?

See my previous comments  :)

Let's suppose you are right.  Do you think that you (however mature and educated you are) are smarter and wiser than God?  Do you think Yahweh will overhear your thoughts and go "Good point, this is all worthless.  What have I been doing with my time?  Why did I bother sending my Son to die for this Creation?" 

If you can't picture Yahweh saying the above, then maybe you are wrong or have a barrier of understanding.  Humble yourself to learn the truth rather than cast judgments upon it. I say that with love my friend.

12 hours ago, branchesofHim said:

What? God put Pharaoh, the slave ruler, into authority over His own people? What is the point?

Israel was shepherded and protected to become a mighty nation under the protection of the world's most powerful nation (at the time).  Do you think 70 men could have become a mighty nation just "squatting" in Canaan or in the wilderness?  Be realistic here.

Now, as to why they became slaves etc, that is a different question altogether and an interesting debate we can continue at a later time if I haven't bored you already?

What if God has truly given man the ability to create his own future, his own destiny, literally his own world around him? But this ability is limited only by mans own limitations which he, himself, allows to keep him from realizing his own potential. Is there anyone else in the world who thinks this way?

Interesting that you say this because I believe something similar.  

We are created in HIS image and our Father creates with words.  Our words can bless people, curse people, bring people knowledge and bring people love.  I believe in the next life we will have creative power to the extent of terraforming though "if you say to this mountain..."

However, our understanding of our capacity is hindered in this life.  Maybe because we are under the slavery of another Egypt - that being of the men who rule the world and define for us what reality is.  

Whatever the truth, if we follow His ways in THIS life, we will see great things in the true life to come.

His answer was that it was given to them understand. Why then don't I understand? Jesus said to seek and you would find, ask and it would be given, knock and it would be opened.....so I do. But where are the answers?

You will find them. Stop being impatient! hehe.  

It has taken me many years to find answers but I kept on seeking and kept on knocking.  We have to also humble ourselves to accept the truth, whatever it is, and stop putting our ideas and intellect as a filter for it.

Keep on asking, seeking and knocking.  He will reward you for this.

Proverbs 25:2

-------------

Please read the follow page which should bring you some answers.  I know you are a Christian already, but I think it's content may bring you some ideas to consider.

https://faithandtheword.com/bother/goingon/

Hopefully I haven't bored you too much!  If you have any further questions, please ask and I'll do my best to help if I can.

But if you take one thing away from this whole reply, let it be this:  There is a point to everything.  This life is like a boarding school in preparation for the real world.  Keep studying!

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”declares Yahweh. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than our ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8-9

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

9 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

You will find them. Stop being impatient! hehe.  

It has taken me many years to find answers but I kept on seeking and kept on knocking.  We have to also humble ourselves to accept the truth, whatever it is, and stop putting our ideas and intellect as a filter for it.

Keep on asking, seeking and knocking.  He will reward you for this.

Indeed I have already had the answers. I wanted to see if anyone else had ever asked the questions. Thank you. Shalom.

1 hour ago, Betha said:

Brilliant answers ! should help all who are looking for help.

Aw thank you for responding sister.  All praise to Yahweh. 

I hope you are enjoying this Feast of Unleavened Bread. 

Love & Shalom 

4 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

Amen and Amen, brother.  Thank you for a worthy-ful work.  :)

Shalom sister! Thank you for your kind words. Anything worthy from me is from Him or how He has taught me, as I know He does you too. 

5 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

Ecclesiastes 12:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Amen! The wisest words of Solomon. At what a privilege of a duty now we have been grafted in. HalleluYah! 

May Yahweh bless you richly in these days, in the name of our Lord and King. 

Love & Shalom 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/10/2020 at 10:47 PM, branchesofHim said:

What is the point of anything? Vanity of vanities is life in the earth. We all live to simply die one day. What is the point? That which we acquire physically is what we will eventually leave to others when our lives are over. The Bible teaches that once the spirit of man leaves the body that it returns to God who gave it and the body returns to the dust from which it came. What is the point if the spiritual and the natural both return to the same place where they came from? The question is absolutely frustrating as everything in existence seems totally pointless.

Is it just me that feels life is this way? Or could it be that I am frustrated with the normal purposes that most people find fulfilling because they literally don't fulfill me? Is this because those peoples before us in this earth have robbed humanity of the true intentions of our ever existing? There are those who argue that the Bible we have today is the infallible, eternal blueprint for life given to mankind by writers inspired by a loving God to give us instructions for living in this earth. But the record of existence seems to be incomplete.

Consider the following questions and if you truly have a definitive, concrete, viable answer.

- In the biblical account of Genesis we read that God created Adam and Eve then gave them one commandment which they broke. Then we read that God cursed the earth from whence He made man and then, man was put out of the garden of Eden. If God Who knows everything and by Whom all things exist knew that mankind would damn creation, why create it? Cain killed his brother Abel and subsequently wouldn't admit it to God, but rather avoided the question from God (where is Abel your brother) by posing a question to God (am I my brother's keeper?). Then we read that God cursed Cain by some sort of mark on him so that nobody would kill him in the earth. We see the record then that Cain went out to another place in the earth and took a wife. Where did she come from? There is no biblical account of anyone in the earth except Adam and Eve? Later we read that it repented God that He had made man and was going to destroy everyone created, but Noah found grace in His eyes to keep man on the earth after all.  

What is the point? If man was to live and die anyway, why? Adam was created and put into a world that was to be cursed by death. What is the point? Everything lives and then eventually dies, from insects to people. Life is death. Death is life. What is the point?

The Bible record (that we have) shows that Israel was put into slavery by Egypt (where Moses came from) who subsequently was appointed by God to be their ruler. What? God put Pharaoh, the slave ruler, into authority over His own people? What is the point? The New Testament record tells us that all things written about the Israelites was for our example that we shouldn't lust after things the way they did and that we should rather obey God's commands.

What if God has truly given man the ability to create his own future, his own destiny, literally his own world around him? But this ability is limited only by mans own limitations which he, himself, allows to keep him from realizing his own potential. Is there anyone else in the world who thinks this way? Are there any who ask the same questions? Are there any who have ever found the answers in truth? Could it be that the answers simply are not available to man? Or could it be that those answers are simply there for the finding by those who wholly seek them? I am perplexed by the purpose of my existence and disdain the reality which everyone seems to accept as the normal. I just know in my deepest being that there is more to everything than that which appears to be. Is it not my right to know? In the biblical record of Jesus interacting with His disciples, they once asked Him why He spoke to the multitudes in parables and only revealed more of reality to them? His answer was that it was given to them understand. Why then don't I understand? Jesus said to seek and you would find, ask and it would be given, knock and it would be opened.....so I do. But where are the answers?

Has God put it in my heart to ask the questions that I ask? Is it because I am to seek the answers? Maybe God put it my heart to know that there is more to life than the mundane reality which seems to prevail in the earth. Talk about frustrating to absolutely making one crazy.  Why would God do that? In the book of Job we read a story about God asking Job where he was when God created everything and other perplexing questions.  In the end, however, God is recorded as blessing Job even more than before. What was the point of that story? In the New Testament book of James we read that we are to consider the latter end of Job.  We must remember that there was a spiritual aspect to the story. In the spirit world we have God inquiring of the devil if he'd considered His servant Job. Subsequently the devil responds that Job was the way he was because God had set a hedge of protection around him. Then we have the record of God subsequently allowing the devil to tempt Job. Doesn't this coincide with the Lord Jesus and Peter in the New Testament? Peter had just had the revelation that Jesus was the Son of God and Jesus had said he was blessed with the very thing that He would build His church with. Shortly thereafter Jesus is telling Peter that the devil had asked to tempt Peter and that He had prayed for him that his faith didn't fail.

Why would a loving God, Creator, create everyone to simply die or be tempted to do evil? It doesn't make sense according to reasoning. What is the point? Could it be that we have a much bigger purpose in creation?

Obviously that is a question beyond our natural understanding.  Seek to find the answer with all of your soul.

Adam and Eve has pure, strong genetics and lived for centuries, producing many children, including a wife for Cain. That is, the answer is the same as in the "old non-scripture book" you mentioned.

Life seems like vanity from a perspective without Jesus. Jesus planned always to redeem us. Praise Him!

There's more to slavery in Egypt than just obedience and lusts. A lot more.

The Bible says man is nearly unlimited in potential.

Does it matter whether your questions are your own? Are you seeking the Christ? That's what matters--and in Him, you will find a wealth of answers.

God didn't create "everyone to simply die and be tempted." There's a lot more to be said, read the New Testament. But it's not "a question beyond your understanding," if you read the NT.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 4/10/2020 at 10:47 PM, branchesofHim said:

Why ask why?   Life is pointless.  That's all you really need to know.  We live, you work, you grow old, you die.  At the end, your entirely life will be nothing but a dash (-) between two dates on a slab of rock, and in a few dozen years, no one will remember you existed.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

3 minutes ago, LonerAndy said:

Why ask why?   Life is pointless.  That's all you really need to know.  We live, you work, you grow old, you die.  At the end, your entirely life will be nothing but a dash (-) between two dates on a slab of rock, and in a few dozen years, no one will remember you existed.

Your post has a completely different feeling if in the end we look at your facial expression.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 4/11/2020 at 3:47 AM, branchesofHim said:

What is the point?

What then is the point of anything? Does it not seem to be absolute vanity?

What is the point?

Why would God do that?

What is the point?

It doesn't matter. It is not important. Was the first lie humankind believed. And here we are entertaining the same ideas: it doesn't matter, it is not important, could God be mistaken... Why ask God if, maybe, i can find better solutions within my doubts?...

May you find your answers from God and strengthen your relationship with Him.
I once had many questions too and when i came to God, He lead me to the answers i needed in the most patient, revealing, loving way. In the beginning of my questions, all i did was to be present before God, this lead me to read the Bible in a specific way; through contemplation and praying i had the answers i was longing.
I believe that God has a sense of intimacy too (we were made in his image), so i believe we do need to develop closeness before being revealed with everything we want. Sometimes we feel entitled to all the answers, as if God had to be as small as our understanding. But we are wasting a wonderful thing, when we don't humble ourselves to be close to Him, to discover His character, His personality from a point of intimacy instead of demand. We are as worthless as you say, yet we don't walk around exposing what we treasure to everyone who demands. Why God, that IS God, would reveal everything as if He didn't have to be treasured? It is a road of closeness and intimacy. He is willing to make Himself known to people who would die if they were before His presence personally. What a wonder. Well, i am rambling. Praying for you, dear brother. May this questions of yours bring you closer to God.

Edited by Abrielle
punctuation
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 4/11/2020 at 4:47 AM, branchesofHim said:

Hi, 
I try to answer some of your questions in an indirect way.

Why did God create humans?
I have really no idea why exactly, but I am so happy to exist and to be alive.

Why did God create humans who could sin?
Love and free will goes hand in hand. Without free will there is no true love. God is love.
If men could only choose to do good and follow laws perfectly, then we would be robots.
God loves us so much, that He was willing to give us free will. Even when it meant that we could rebel against our God Almighty.
For example, if you had a magical pill, whoever swallow this pill will love you and smile at you no matter what. When you abuse him/her, when you cheat on him/her, that person will always love and smile at you without any hatred towards you. Would that be true love?

Why do we have to die?
Wages of sin is death. We sinned against a Holy, Righteous, Almighty God.
Sin started with Adam and Eve's disobedience.
There is more after death. Tzephanyahu answered it clearly.

Why should a Holy, Righteous, Almighty God give us a chance to redeem ourselves?
Love and mercy.

Why wouldn't we repent and trust in Jesus so that we could be saved and have eternal life?
Stubbornness, disobedience, pride, idols (wealth, power, lust), deceived.

How can we truly find the true God?
Jeremiah 29:13 
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
It is God who is in charge. If you seek Him with all your heart, He will let you find Him. In obedience and humility.
Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
If you see bridge, there is a builder. Where there is creation, there is a creator. God says, His existence is clear, we are without excuse. Our rebellious heart will tell us otherwise. Are we willing to listen to God or will we keep listening to our rebellious heart?
Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
Keep reading the bible and ask God for help.

Edited by Wesley L
Romans 10:17 added
  • Well Said! 1