• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Who do I think Jesus died for?

Personally, it is felt within my heart that God sent His one and only son to die for all. Not just the Jews, nor just the Gentiles...nor for just one people, but for all people.

Romans 3:29 & 30

Is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also; Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

God is God of all, and surely he would send His son, Jesus to die for all.

John 3:16

For God so loved the WORLD, that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

May God Bless You

Danielle

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He never gave us free will. He gave us wills to use but these wills are limited. We cannot supercede God's ultimate Will, though we can divert from it from time to time. :noidea:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Liss I started another thread on this called Limited Atonement. There are some great discussions on it. :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He never gave us free will. He gave us wills to use but these wills are limited. We cannot supercede God's ultimate Will, though we can divert from it from time to time. :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what is a will if it is not free.

Paul said we are free to do whatever we want but not everything is good for us.

God gave us a will, therefore he gave us a free will!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Even those who hold to unlimited atonement, must admit that Christ's death is only effacious for those who believe. So even if the atonement is unlimited, it is effective only for those who believe. So from a practical perspective, it is limited

Guest eponine

1 John 2:2 says, "He is the propitiation for our sin, and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

What is a propitiation? A satisfaction or appeasement of wrath. God's wrath has not been appeased for the countless people in hell. Christ has only satisfied God's wrath for a select group of people - those who are saved through faith. As for the "whole world," I believe John is telling those to whom he is writing that salvation is for more people than just them and that it reaches around the whole world. If you take this verse to say that "whole world" means "every person," than Christ has satisfied all of God's wrath and no one will be in hell. On the contrary, I believe this is good evidence for a limited atonement.

I understand the struggle about God giving us a will, therefore it must be free, but consider this: God originally created the will to be free. He gave Adam and Eve the ability to choose good or evil. But, since they sinned and plunged the human race into sin, all our wills are bound instead of free. Therefore, an unsaved person is bound to choose what is wrong. He "freely" makes all kinds of decisions, but none of them are pleasing to God. Only when God's Spirit opens a persons eyes to the glorious truth of the Gospel can he make a decision to choose Christ. And all this God has planned to do before the foundation of the world. God's ways are amazing and far higher than ours!