• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

8 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Sweet.  So what exactly is the problem you have with Paul.  Explain what you really think .  

So, if you said paul letters are genuine ,  then you have no problem with the scripture verse below.  What  Paul said that what he preached is what he received by revelation from Jesus Christ.   So, his preaching was not from his own thinking or mindset, but was instructions from Christ himself.  Clear as mud !.

The verses below should humble you to be content in what scripture is saying plainly.  It cannot be more clear than below.

Galatians 1 King James Version (KJV)

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

I think Paul was a great missionary, and I’ve learned much from him, but I don’t think it was intended we should treat him like God.

I do not believe God intended for Paul to say women can't speak in a church, or that they should be subservient to men. Was God mistaken to put Deborah in charge of Israel?

I don't think God intended for Paul to say that God put our government officials in charge of us, and that we should obey them (Romans 13:1-2). Did God put Adolf Hitler, who had six million Jews executed simply for being Jews, in charge of Germany?

Paul said the whole law is summed up in one word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself” (Gal 5:14), but Jesus said the first and great commandment was: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

18 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I don't remember Jesus telling us to follow Paul

1 Corinthians 11:1

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology

1 hour ago, Behold said:

The bible contains the words of Jesus and they are "spirit and they are life".

The bible is the "seed" of the word, because it contains the "gospel", and these are the power of God.

Listen, "the preaching of the Cross" is what God uses to bring a person into the family of God.

Its the Words, .."faith cometh by HEARING" words... BIBLE.....And you hear what the BIBLE CONTAINS that are the words of LIFE and by FAITH BELIEVE.... 

And one more.....

The Name of Jesus, HIS NAME, is "above every name".    YET........""" For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.""" Psalm 138:2

So, the word of God... the SCRIPTURES = THE BIBLE =  is exalted ABOVE the Name of Jesus, and that is in your BIBLE.

Why dont you know that, is something you should be concerned about.

The Bible is not just a book. Its the Living word of God.

The Bible doesn't save - Jesus does. We must be in constant prayer, as Paul taught (1 Thess 5:17), and Jesus guides us though trouble to peace and contentment.

• Oy Vey! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Paul Received his doctrine & Gospel directly from Jesus ((Galatians 1.1, 11-12).Holy Spirit Convicted Peter (Acts 10th Chapter) and then Peter makes a wonderful statement:

Acts 15:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

That is what is meants by Scripture Confirms Scripture

Edited by kwikphilly
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

5 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I think Paul was a great missionary, and I’ve learned much from him, but I don’t think it was intended we should treat him like God.

An apostle is not a missionary.

To be an Apostle you have to have Apostolic Signs (sign gifts)... "the signs of an APOSTLE"..   2 Corinthians 12:12

Also , the epistle of Acts is actually : "The ACTS of the Apostles".

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Eddy Crocker said:

I understand where your coming johnthebapist. In other words you are saying the Bible is the words of Gods that lead us to the Word Of God  (Singular) which is the person.

The Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit but are only words (vehicles) used to get us to the reality of the person. Notice of what is said in..,

John 15:3 

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Notice John didn’t say you are clean by the words which I have Spoken unto you but he said you are clean through the word in the singular sense.
The word is a person. 
The Bible only gives us an about knowledge of what we can have if we bypass the physical words and are pointed to a person or a destination. 
The Bible didn’t flap its pages to the prophets when it says the word of God came unto Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and so on....

Man doesn’t live by bread alone which is natural substance or an about knowledge but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Our natural life is sustained by bread but our spiritual life is sustained only by proceeding out of the mouth of God. 
We living by a person when we start speaking his words. It’s no longer I that lives but Christ that liveth within me, Jesus says I only speak what I hear the Father speak and I only do what I see him do. 
This is what we live by and is constantly coming out of his mouth which we are. We are that voice of God to the people. Our lives may be the only bible that someone reads.

The bible doesn’t do us any good on the pages until it is quickened and lived out into Manifestation. Bible is only a manifestation of a soul who had eyes to see and ears to hear.  

Romans 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God

The Bible is only an about knowledge to lead us to the person where we can hear the actual person instead of just words on a page.

I think the purpose of the Bible is to lead us to God. Some people seem to become Bible "experts" without ever getting to know God (God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit) personally. Paul taught us to pray constantly (1 Thess 5:17). I fear far too many never take this to heart.

4 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

The Bible doesn't save - Jesus does. We must be in constant prayer, as Paul taught (1 Thess 5:17), and Jesus guides us though trouble to peace and contentment.

The words in the bible ARE the bible.

"faith comes by hearing and hearing by The word of God" = THE BIBLE.

No bible, no Gospel. No gospel, no salvation.

The bible is not just a book, its God's Living words.

Edited by Behold
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Behold said:

1 Corinthians 11:1

Those are Paul’s words, not Jesus’s. You wouldn’t go far wrong if you imitated Paul, but better to imitate Jesus.

• Oy Vey! 1

8 minutes ago, Behold said:

An apostle is not a missionary.

To be an Apostle you have to have Apostolic Signs (sign gifts)... "the signs of an APOSTLE"..   2 Corinthians 12:12

Also , the epistle of Acts is actually : "The ACTS of the Apostles".

An apostle isn't God.

Edited by johnthebaptist

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

25 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I do not believe God intended for Paul to say women can't speak in a church, or that they should be subservient to men. Was God mistaken to put Deborah in charge of Israel?

Paul was addressing a specific issue with these particular women in that particular church.....he was not telling "women" they cannot speak in church &he was not saying women are to be subservient to men.....these were married women who were out of order ,disrespectful and you really need to stop talking everything out of context....you have to know who is addressing whom ,why,where& when     That is why Jesus Says:

New King James Version
At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.
Matthew 11:25

Just get out of your own way jtb,pray for Revelation,Understanding.......

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1