• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

@Eddy Crocker - can a nonbeliever be part of the Body of Christ, His church?

No not of the spiritual body,  But they can be in the physical body.  The wheat and tares grow up together until the time of Harvest, when the church was being warned it was false Apostles, false Jews and false Christians, that were being warned because of the judgment that would come upon them in the future.
 The true Christians, the true Jews, and the true Apostles were warned to repent in another way not because of sin but because of ignorance of these false souls that crept in unawares.

Their repent is much different than the false Apostles, Jews, and Christians. They had to turn away from any way they were being influenced by these false teachers.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member

9 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Yet, Jesus is speaking to all Christians when He addresses the Seven Churches in Revelation 2&3.  This thread is about what Jesus said to the churches, especially what He said to the church of the Laodiceans.

Because obviously these people in faith or in Gods predestination were possibly going to come in through faith to truly become that true church that was being warned. This is why the church preaches the gospel and warns souls in the first place. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,886
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, Eddy Crocker said:

No not of the spiritual body,  But they can be in the physical body.  The wheat and tares grow up together until the time of Harvest, when the church was being warned it was false Apostles, false Jews and false Christians, that were being warned because of the judgment that would come upon them in the future.
 The true Christians, the true Jews, and the true Apostles were warned to repent in another way not because of sin but because of ignorance of these false souls that crept in unawares.

Their repent is much different than the false Apostles, Jews, and Christians. They had to turn away from any way they were being influenced by these false teachers.

I like your thinking but that does not mean thatI agree with you...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

8 minutes ago, Eddy Crocker said:

Good, we agree they cannot.  So, would Jesus make the mistake of addressing nonbelievers as believers?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

5 minutes ago, Eddy Crocker said:

Because obviously these people in faith or in Gods predestination were possibly going to come in through faith to truly become that true church that was being warned. This is why the church preaches the gospel and warns souls in the first place. 

Yet, we are not talking about who sits in the church pews today.  We are talking about who Jesus was addressing in Revelation 2&3.  Jesus was not standing in front of a physical church body, but was addressing those who are His.  Can you see the difference?

16 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

So in other words, you have no answer to offer. Okay, thanks for sharing. :) 

Sorry trying to eat. Been busy trying to respond to everyone else’s posts as well.  I have been responding for the last 2 1/2 hours. I will get to you soon.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,392
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 5/1/2020 at 5:01 AM, Not me said:

Because we are His, because we are saved, born again, born into His family, which family relationship can never be broken. Because just like when we were born into this world this birth can never be undone for it has happened the Eternal Divine nature, that is our second birth. Which is even more glorious and eternal, because it is His life born in us which it to can never be undone....

But it needs to grow in us, henceforth all the warnings, cautions, encouragements against not growing, falling out of our  place, the place we belong, where the light of God’s love shines through all His body fully. That the witness and testimony of Jesus Christ might be seen in our lives by all..

Amen, I remember when Jesus said in John 14:15, if you love Me keep My commandments, and He knows them who are doing so, but for some people, they find other pleasures, traditions, etc. , but thanks for sharing.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,886
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

22 minutes ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Amen, I remember when Jesus said in John 14:15, if you love Me keep My commandments, and He knows them who are doing so, but for some people, they find other pleasures, traditions, etc. , but thanks for sharing.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

In John 14:15, Jesus was not on the top of the mountain shouting those words to tens or hundreds or perhaps thousands of people....but he was talking to those who had call to be with him those three years, whom God had prepared from quite some time before Jesus had come into the picture...and had been God fearing people...and were exposed to John the Baptist message about the Messiah being revealed in their time...waiting for John to point to him....

13 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Yet, we are not talking about who sits in the church pews today.  We are talking about who Jesus was addressing in Revelation 2&3.  Jesus was not standing in front of a physical church body, but was addressing those who are His.  Can you see the difference?

Revelation 2:2 

I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars

Revelation 2:9 

I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

These 2 verses shows there were false Jews and false apostles in the churches. They were teaching false doctrines in the churches of the Niclolations which he said he hates. They were teaching the doctrine of Balaam who taught Balac. A church was being seduced by the spirit of Jezebel.

Not everyone in the churches were saying they were Jews or Apostles. There were those that had not these doctrines or have not defiled their garments.

Revelation 2:24

But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

Revelation 3:4 

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Revelation 3:9 

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Theres another church claiming to be Jews (Christians))

These 7 churches have both the false and the true in them. The repent was for both sides for the true and for the false.

The main gist or message to these Churches was how they were being inundated with these false teachers that were effecting the churches. For the false it’s a message to repent and become a true Jew, Apostle or Christian.

For the true Jews, Apostles and Christians repent and turn your focus away from these falsehoods that are trying to pervert their faith.

The Christians repenting is not because they are sinning. Christians were to repent because they left their first love with God.

It’s not as vibrant as it used to be. They also had to repent because they were becoming lukewarm. These churches were under the onslaughts of falsehood.

This is all the contexts of different repenting for the false Jews,  false apostles, and false Christians as well as the true Jews, the true apostle, and the true Christians.

2 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

I'm pulling out individual quotes from you using blue text.

"The repent was only to those who had this doctrine that were in the church that weren’t born again Christians."

Where is this specified in the scripture, @Eddy Crocker

"This Church of Laodicea the repent was to those who were saying they were Jews (Christians) which were not"

You're confusing Laodicea with the church at Philadelphia. What you wrote above isn't what the Lord said to Laodicea. Read the scriptures again. :) 

"In every church that had the repent warning had to do with not born again believers who were in the midst of the Church. Isn’t it like that today?"

Your opinion doesn't match the testimony of the scripture, Eddy. "Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent." How can you possibly construe this to apply to those weren't "born again?" You're either adding to the scriptures to suit your doctrine or you don't understand what was written. 

The repent was to all the 7 churches that were being influenced by the false Jews, false Apostles, and false Christians. These false souls were in the churches influencing them with all these false doctrines.

These false doctrines were making them lose the reality of their first love. They were becoming lukewarm. They were being influenced by the doctrines of Balaam, Balak, and the Nicolations.

They were also being influenced by the spirit of Jezebel. But also at the same time there were those that had not been influenced by these doctrines. 

Revelation 2:24

24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak;

I will put upon you none other burden. Also there were those whose garment were not defiled by theses falsehoods or teachings.

Revelation 3:4 

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy

To repent is to change ones mind or to change in a different direction. It also can mean to regret something done in the past.

Repent for the sinner is for salvation or eternal security but to repent for the Christian is a turning away from something that may be regretful or turning in a different direction for the sake of wishing a different outcome, To repent for a Christian is not because of sin.