• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,880
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“Proud” is the opposite of “Contrite”.....Remember the story Jesus told to the crowd? The “ Proud Pharisees” thought they were “ Good Enough” for Heaven—- boasting over the many “ good” things they had done, deluding themselves that they “ kept the Law.” They were nothing but “ self righteous”..... a  quality Paul assured us later in Romans 10 would guarantee an Eternity in Hell. The Man That was “ JUSTIFIED”, or made fit for Heaven, on the other hand, was CONTRITE to the point that he would not even look up to Heaven.All he could say in his humility ( Contriteness) was , “ Lord , have Mercy on me, a Sinner”.......THAT was the Man that went back to his home JUSTIFIED .......Every person in Heaven will have this Contrite Spirit......Every Person That is Proud to the extent that they see no need for a Savior will go to Hell

A Jewish English Teacher I had in college.....an unsaved man at that time...almost 50 years ago...was not a  Believer in  Jesus yet even HE had the smarts to know this .. “ Anybody who thinks that they are “ good enough” for Heaven is Damned”......

Luke 18:9-14 

And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

"10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. "

............*****...........

Jesus spoke this parable in the context of time before the Cross...

Knowing that the Law of Moses was still in effect, and also knowing of the things to come and the changes to take place after the Cross...

At that specific time the Pharisees were under the righteousness of the Law...were righteous people...were not sinners...they had the blessings of God according to the Law.... Not all Pharisees had the same attitude towards the Lost sheep of Israel...the sinners...

Without hope to reconcile to the righteousness of the Law...

Jesus spoke of the refreshing times to come after he sheds the blood of the knew Covenant for the forgiveness of sins with his death on the Cross...

Jesus said: verse 14,

"for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. " 

after the Cross this Pharisee will be in his Sins....(still a charitable person and upright in him self), but the sinner Publican with faith in Jesus Christ on the Cross...will be in a righteous standing before God in the name of Jesus Christ....and still being a publican...without abandoning his Job as a publican...and turning over a new leaf...to cover himself just like Adam and Eve did....

later at the Cross the Publican with faith in Jesus will be declare righteous, and learn not to enter the Gates with beating up hi.self, but with thanksgiving in his heart...

and the Pharisee a sinner without faith in the Cross...in Jesus Christ...if he believes and he wants to continue in this attitude no problem for Jesus Christ... Who saves all who believe...

and even with the Cross the Pharisee will be in low position before Jesus and that's for the reason not of self performance but because he did not learn to love his neighbor the way Jesus loves...

Believe in Jesus to be under his blood, "SAVED", and love the neighbors as Jesus loves them...to be in a love standing with Jesus Christ..  to love you the way God loved him...

Jesus talked more about loving our neighbors to his disciples than to love themselves.. 

to rather look in our selves, as our reflection in the mirror of loving our neighbors...to give to all the faith of Jesus Christ...to those who adorned them selves *with their charitable works and clean living....and to those of any walk of life..

one way to love Jesus is for the Cross and to love one another and our neighbors the way he loves them...

JESUS DIED FOR ALL...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

On 5/6/2020 at 8:12 AM, Behold said:

Not exactly.

It was not "cain's pride" that was rejected by God..It was Cain trying to bring his self effort to God instead of the BLood.

What was it in Cain that made him "bring his self effort" to God?  Pride; believing his offer was good enough while God wanted an atonement through blood, just as He had to kill an animal in order to make the tunics of skin in order to cloth Adam and Eve.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33

23 minutes ago, OneLight said:

What was it in Cain that made him "bring his self effort" to God?  Pride; believing his offer was good enough while God wanted an atonement through blood, just as He had to kill an animal in order to make the tunics of skin in order to cloth Adam and Eve.

@OneLight, God didn't reject Cain's pride.. He rejected Cain's offering.

You , me, all of us have Pride..... but we are told to "come boldly before  the Throne of Grace", even with our pride.... And Why?  Because of the Offering of JESUS that is the BLOOD that God accepts on our behalf, = allows God to accept us.

So, Cain is the first legalist. He is the first one who tried to be accepted by God, based on what God does not accept... = works, self effort.

These days, that would be the gospel of works (Legalism) that rejects Eternal Security. 

And certainly Cain's pride made him try it... we both see that clearly..... and it was this same wounded pride that turned his envy into Murder.

As the scripture says..>"who can stand before envy"?

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Behold said:

@OneLight, God didn't reject Cain's pride.. He rejected Cain's offering.

It was pride that made him believe that his offering to God would be acceptable, believing that his offering would be good enough.  The rejection from God snowballed into murder.

You , me, all of us have Pride..... but we are told to "come boldly before  the Throne of Grace", even with our pride.... And Why?  Because of the Offering of JESUS that is the BLOOD that God accepts on our behalf, = allows God to accept us.

Yes, we do, as it is part of the flesh we live in.  Yet, we are not to live in the flesh, but in the Spirit.

So, Cain is the first legalist. He is the first one who tried to be accepted by God, based on what God does not accept... = works, self effort.

These days, that would be the gospel of works (Legalism) that rejects Eternal Security. 

I'm not going to continue to beat a dead horse.  It is more than obvious to anyone who reads your post that everything with the word "works" in it is legalistic.

And certainly Cain's pride made him try it... we both see that clearly..... and it was this same wounded pride that turned his envy into Murder.

As the scripture says..>"who can stand before envy"?

Thank you for finally agreeing with what I first posted.

37 minutes ago, OneLight said:

It was pride that made him believe that his offering to God would be acceptable, believing that his offering would be good enough.  The rejection from God snowballed into murder.

Yes, we do, as it is part of the flesh we live in.  Yet, we are not to live in the flesh, but in the Spirit.

Thank you for finally agreeing with what I first posted.

I only agreed that Cain has Pride.   However God didn't reject him for his pride, God rejected him because he didn't offer another's BLOOD, whereas Abel, did.

Also, we are to walk in the Spirit, and we are to live Holy.  We are already "living in the spirit" by being born again.

And no, i dont teach that "anything that has to do with works, is Legalism'.....What i teach is that trying to keep yourself saved by works, to teach this, is  Galatians 1:8..  Its a false gospel.

Any Christian knows we are to do good works..... as a lifestyle,    but we are not to teach that by not doing them we lose our salvation, or that BY doing them we are keeping ourselves saved, as that is the heresy..  that ALL Legalists all teach.   = This is how you recognize them @OneLight

I wrote 2 Threads today, that teach the basics regarding how to live a holy lifestyle without falling or repenting..   You might want to check them out.

alright then,

-B

Edited by Behold
  • Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, Behold said:

I only agreed that Cain has Pride.   However God didn't reject him for his pride, God rejected him because he didn't offer another's BLOOD, whereas Abel, did.

You still are not seeing it.  Ask yourself why Cain decided to not offer a blood offering?  What was it in him that caused such a rebellion?  Instead of look only at the offense, look deeper to see why the offense occurred in the first place.  I think we can both agree that Adam and Eve told their boys about what happened to them, so they were not ignorant.  So what was going on inside Cain to be that way?  I believe it was pride that caused him to give the wrong offering.  This pride, once his offer was declined, turned to jealousy toward his brother Able, which led to murder.

1 hour ago, Behold said:

Also, we are to walk in the Spirit, and we are to live Holy.  We are already "living in the spirit" by being born again.

Not everyone who has the Holy Spirit in them live in the Spirit, even though the Spirit lives in them.  Some keep Him tucked away in a little box and refuses to let Him out, preferring their way over His.

1 hour ago, Behold said:

And no, i dont teach that "anything that has to do with works, is Legalism'.....What i teach is that trying to keep yourself saved by works, to teach this, is  Galatians 1:8..  Its a false gospel.

It would be nice to see you post what you see right about works then instead of painting works in such a bad light.  I'll only list one verse and ask you to tell me why Jesus would tell them to return to the first works they did or He would remove their lampstand from its place?

Revelation 2:5

Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.

1 hour ago, Behold said:

Any Christian knows we are to do good works..... as a lifestyle,    but we are not to teach that by not doing them we lose our salvation, or that BY doing them we are keeping ourselves saved, as that is the heresy..  that ALL Legalists all teach.   = This is how you recognize them @OneLight

I wrote 2 Threads today, that teach the basics regarding how to live a holy lifestyle without falling or repenting..   You might want to check them out.

alright then,

-B

Answer the question above @Behold  Do you see Jesus as a legalist also?

53 minutes ago, OneLight said:

You still are not seeing it.  Ask yourself why Cain decided to not offer a blood offering? 

Not everyone who has the Holy Spirit in them live in the Spirit, even though the Spirit lives in them.  

It would be nice to see you post what you see right about works then instead of painting works in such a bad light.

I'll only list one verse and ask you to tell me why Jesus would tell them to return to the first works they did or He would remove their lampstand from its place?

Answer the question above @Behold  Do you see Jesus as a legalist also?

Here is a verse about works that you should do.....>"present your body a living sacrifice".   Here is another...."Give to the poor".    Here is one..."be ye holy as God is holy".

Also, Cain was not rejected for his Pride, he was rejected for not bringing Blood, whereas Abel was accepted because he brought blood.

And i really dont even think about candlesticks or pre-trib or mid.   Got other things to do.., @OneLight

Edited by Behold

3 hours ago, Behold said:

Here is a verse about works that you should do.....>"present your body a living sacrifice".   Here is another...."Give to the poor".    Here is one..."be ye holy as God is holy".

Also, Cain was not rejected for his Pride, he was rejected for not bringing Blood, whereas Abel was accepted because he brought blood.

And i really dont even think about candlesticks or pre-trib or mid.   Got other things to do.., @OneLight

What makes you think I don't do those already?

Never mind about Cain - you can't seem to think deeper as to what Cain was going through, just what he offered for his offering.

Have no idea what the last sentence is about as I never asked about any of those ... @Behold

8 hours ago, OneLight said:

What makes you think I don't do those already?

Never mind about Cain - you can't seem to think deeper as to what Cain was going through, just what he offered for his offering.

Have no idea what the last sentence is about as I never asked about any of those ... @Behold

You like to talk about removing the Candlestick, or no?   Am i confusing you regarding what you talk about?

Also,  our discussion is only related to why God rejected Cain's Work, and accepted Abel's Blood offering.

And i wanted to ask you 2 questions...  Ive been here for 4 yrs, and when i first arrived here you and i had instant obvious "theological" issues  because at that time you were at that time teaching that born again Christians could lose their salvation.   Now you have seen the Light, and do not teach this heresy anymore as far as i can tell..  So, what i want to know is who led you into this heresy, and do you feel better now that you've stopped teaching it?

What about that?

Edited by Behold

You like to talk about removing the Candlestick, or no?   Am i confusing you regarding what you talk about?

Do you mean lampstands?

No, you do not have that kind of power to fog my thinking.  I know what I am talking about.  What is confusing is why you make a conversation twist back to your favorite subjects instead of moving forward on the subject at hand.

Also,  our discussion is only related to why God rejected Cain's Work, and accepted Abel's Blood offering.

I believe there is no more to be said about this subject.  You remain on the surface, which is an obvious reason why Cain's offer was reject, and for some reason, refuse to look at his behavior and see reasons why he would be in such a mindset.  We both agree that it was due to his offering not being a blood sacrifice.  That is where you stop.  I tried to bring it deeper, but you either don't want to go there or just can't see what I am saying.  It's like when a kid misbehaves.  There is a reason, a root cause to their behavior.  You talk about teh behavior, but don't seem to want to understand the root problem that makes him act out in such a manner.

And i wanted to ask you 2 questions...  Ive been here for 4 yrs, and when i first arrived here you and i had instant obvious "theological" issues  because at that time you were at that time teaching that born again Christians could lose their salvation.   Now you have seen the Light, and do not teach this heresy anymore as far as i can tell..  So, what i want to know is who led you into this heresy, and do you feel better now that you've stopped teaching it?

What about that?

I haven't changed my stance one bit.  I still believe a person can walk away from God if they so desired.  May it be that you are beginning to hear what I am saying instead of rewording it in your mind to compare it against what you believe?  Let me sum it up for you:

• Salvation is a gift from God.  Nothing anyone can do will ever change what Jesus did for us.  Nobody can add to or take away from His salvation plan.  It's a free gift waiting for anyone to accept it, according to His terms - Believe that Jesus is Gods Son, died and rose again - otherwise calling upon His name to be saved.
  • Those who continue in Him, He will continue in them, moving in their lives through the Holy Spirit to become more like Him.  During this process there are many lessons to learn, a lot of do and do not commands to contend with, all designed to bring them into maturity, which is a life long process.
  • Those who decide to refuse the corrections of the Holy Spirit eventually become like the branches on the vine that are dead and bear no fruit, they are cut off and thrown into the fire.  John 15:1-2 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.  Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit."

Hope this clears it up for you.