• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

52 minutes ago, BlessedCreator said:

Im no expert but have experience with this and God convicting me. I just dont think the gym is necessary. If you get down to the proper weight and dont overeat you really dont need much exercise. If you start doing things where you need more muscle your body will let you know you need more calories and will grow the muscles needed. 

Though I've never exercised in a gym, it might have been a nice safer experience having someone around to "spot me" for correct overall guidance. But a lot of guys don't need help in the gym if they know they stuff. I just felt intimidated back then. It was all about pumping iron after the Schwarzenegger films and everything. Some guys were really into it. Still are, for that matter. 

I never saw the need for that extreme. Go massive and blow something, you're done. It will fade to eventual fat. Not healthy. All the weight muscular training atrophies and then there's problems. We do need to take some affirmative form of attempt to keep our temple well and strong. If we are able to. Not everyone is. I can't do much anymore. It happens to the best and worst of us. 

As we age, to maintain good health and immunity, we do need to get moving by doing something. Walking is great for that. If we're able to it's good. @DustyRoad and I were lifetime walking kinda guys.While The Apostle Paul emphasized exercise was of little value in the spiritual sense, I still feel it has its place. We have 40% of our nation's people on the obesity status now. That's a cardiac no matter how you look at it.  

1 Timothy 4:8 8For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, BlessedCreator said:

Im no expert but have experience with this and God convicting me. I just dont think the gym is necessary. If you get down to the proper weight and dont overeat you really dont need much exercise. 

Like you said, you are no expert., and i agree.

Let me tell you what happens to millions of people who are 40+, have no energy, can't sleep well, moody, feel a weird sort of frustration that they can't seem to solve, and sit all day for years, just like that....

One day they think...."i see these advertisements for Gym Membership and everyone is 19, is well tanned, has big biceps, and looks like a body builder, so, i think i'll just pass on that".

Later......the doc says......"well, had you kept yourself in shape, got off the couch, laid off the chips the cake and the ice cream".... you could have PREVENTED .....

So, the gym, prevents that..   Its a way to preserve your health.  It will keep you out of the doctor's office.     It is in fact, the best lifelong maintenance you can give your health...

See, when you go to the gym, you are with people who are all there for the same reason.  Everyone is there with the same mind.  Its all about HEALTH.....making it better and keeping it longer.  You will find that a gym family is a real situation.  And when you see people training....using that Treadmill, using that bike, using all the different machines, and yes, some are using barbells and dumbbells, this will inspire you to work with them.... Thats what happens.....Its like a big group family all working for the same cause, the same reason.

See, QUALITY of Life, is the main thing, and keeping yourself healthy is something you can DO, that will extend your quality of Life.

Aging is inevitable, but Health is one of those things that can actually be improved.   You can actually be more healthy then you are, right now.....not matter who you are...

And the healthier you are, the clearer your mind, the stronger your discipline, and the happier you will feel.

Some of you are shy.  You are shy.... Maybe you dont go to church because you feel uncomfortable with "all those people"....so, going to a gym, is a good way to overcome that, because you will see people, but its not a situation where you are going to have to chat chat chat chat, and feel like you have to be a part of that.....to be accepted.

A gym is not like that at all... and most people who use them, are not bodybuilders :). 

Instead you are with others, you say "hey", "good morning"...then  you do your work.   You will feel the bond of humanity, you will feel very quickly the communal togetherness ,  and you will  improve in that area where you need it to happen.

Some of you need a mate.  You need to find the right life partner.  So, finding someone who is motivated to go to a gym and improve themselves this way, is someone you might want to consider ........   as maybe that born again gym person is waiting for you, also.

It is amazing how God causes us to find our way along in life....   Often the answer is simply waiting for you to show up.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I'm saying that there is a fine line between moving your body around to keep it healthy and exercising to satisfy your own corrupt inclinations to either look good or eat more because you're burning more calories or whatever it may be. All I'm saying is, is let us make sure what we are doing is in line with God's will and not to fulfil the desires of the flesh and mind.