• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/9/2020 at 11:47 AM, Ervin P said:

Hi, since I am new to actually being a Christian( I say new because I knew the Bible a bit but wasn’t officially Christian), and since I’ve never been baptised, I need to find a denomination over here in Melbourne Australia and do it, preferably soon.

Now I know, or I am assuming that most of you are from USA that it might be a bit harder to give suggestions for Australia. I am someone who believes that after accepting God Yahweh and His Son Yeshua as our Lord and Saviour, works are supposed to follow. So my understanding of the Bible  is like that of your senior forum  member Gideon.

Any Aussies on the forum, please do let me know if you have any suggestions, it would be much appreciated?

Thanks 

Check out the Christianity explored web site for churches in your town.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Around about the time when I started this thread I ended up contacting the Church of Christ,  but they never responded.

Then I contacted Quakers and they responded. Then I ended up in a hospital for a bit over 6 weeks( due to so called scizhoaffective disorder, which means Schizophrenia and bipolar at the same time) Once I got out of the hospital I got in touch again with the Quakers and have been doing the silent worship with them on Wednesdays and Sundays( they have offered more if I want to) online through zoom since restrictions are pretty strict here in Melbourne/ Australia, online is the only way.

Now, I really wanted to get in touch with a Bible Church so I contacted Hillsong Church about four weeks ago and they never responded. I went online and I have filled the online form and I have told them about myself and I sent it, but they never responded.

And then about a two and a half weeks ago I did the same with the Foursquare and they also never responded.

So, I am only associating with the Quakers Australia( Otherwise known as the religious society of friends).

i would like a Bible Church and it’s a pity that Hillsong  and Foursquare Haven’t responded.

Thanks 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Greetings my Brother!  So glad you made a decision to live for Jesus!  Reading through the posts and answers, seems that since you cannot drive to church, you are limited to those churches in walking\public transportation distance.  My recommendation is to systematically attend those in your area in person instead of depending on online services, or, contact. Pray and ask for the Holy Spirits guidance to the church you are to attend, and see what happens. Of course the posting guidance regarding doctrine is important, however, it is easy for churches to post their doctrines, and never actually put into practice those correct biblical doctrines. Find a bible church that will teach you and train you for the work of the ministry that all believers are called to. One that you can participate in as an local member, and build relationships with like-minded Christians.

Scripture says that the 'steps' of the righteous are ordered by the Lord. Take some steps over the coming weeks, and visit some churches in person, because 'online' contacts will only get you so far.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents on this subject . . . 

Grace and Peace . . . Ray . . . 

13 hours ago, Ray12614 said:

Greetings my Brother!  So glad you made a decision to live for Jesus!  Reading through the posts and answers, seems that since you cannot drive to church, you are limited to those churches in walking\public transportation distance.  My recommendation is to systematically attend those in your area in person instead of depending on online services, or, contact. Pray and ask for the Holy Spirits guidance to the church you are to attend, and see what happens. Of course the posting guidance regarding doctrine is important, however, it is easy for churches to post their doctrines, and never actually put into practice those correct biblical doctrines. Find a bible church that will teach you and train you for the work of the ministry that all believers are called to. One that you can participate in as an local member, and build relationships with like-minded Christians.

Scripture says that the 'steps' of the righteous are ordered by the Lord. Take some steps over the coming weeks, and visit some churches in person, because 'online' contacts will only get you so far.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents on this subject . . . 

Grace and Peace . . . Ray . . . 

Thanks Ray. The problem with going in person at the moment over here in Melbourne/Australia is that we have I am pretty sure the most strict restrictions here in Australia. We have a curfew from 8pm till 5pm. We are allowed only one person, once a day for shopping, we we can go for exercise once a day for an hour, everywhere we go we have to wear masks. we can only go only 5 kilometres away from where we live.

The churches are not allowed to have services. So the only way for a Church to have a service at the moment would be through online means. When I was looking at Hillsong online I have seen that they have plenty of online services. 

So, at the moment even if they have responded I wouldn’t have been able to get baptised because of the virus restrictions, or I think that’s the case. 

Either way I would like to join a Bible church , but I don’t really know whom else to contact.

Thanks 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Wow, and I thought that America had overstepped it’s authority over churches!  Now I understand your post. I will be praying for you and the churches in Australia for sure. 

I will say that I am proud of you for desiring to attend church and to make a public profession of your Faith by baptism. Please follow through with that after your county opens back up. You won’t be disappointed!

Blessings to you!  Ray 

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 5/9/2020 at 8:17 PM, Ervin P said:

Hi, since I am new to actually being a Christian( I say new because I knew the Bible a bit but wasn’t officially Christian), and since I’ve never been baptised, I need to find a denomination over here in Melbourne Australia and do it, preferably soon.

Now I know, or I am assuming that most of you are from USA that it might be a bit harder to give suggestions for Australia. I am someone who believes that after accepting God Yahweh and His Son Yeshua as our Lord and Saviour, works are supposed to follow. So my understanding of the Bible  is like that of your senior forum  member Gideon.

Any Aussies on the forum, please do let me know if you have any suggestions, it would be much appreciated?

Thanks 

Oi oi oi! Hailing from the land down under but not from Victoria so unfortunately I can't help~ But I would love to be able to discuss more about the Bible with you (it's really rare to find a fellow aussie in this forum) :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I just wanted to say that I have been contacted by a lady from the Hillsong Church and I have connected with them. Today I had the first online Zoom session with one of their groups over here in Melbourne/Australia and it went for about half an hour. They are lovely, friendly, zealous for doing good, and one thing I noticed is that they came across as very non judgmental Christians.

I am very happy now that I got connected with them. It was absolute pleasure being in a meeting with them. It simply brought love and a sense of me wanting to be kinder.

Thanks

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,351
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

15 minutes ago, Ervin P said:

Hi.

I just wanted to say that I have been contacted by a lady from the Hillsong Church and I have connected with them. Today I had the first online Zoom session with one of their groups over here in Melbourne/Australia and it went for about half an hour. They are lovely, friendly, zealous for doing good, and one thing I noticed is that they came across as very non judgmental Christians.

I am very happy now that I got connected with them. It was absolute pleasure being in a meeting with them. It simply brought love and a sense of me wanting to be kinder.

Thanks

Glad to hear you are enjoying the fellowship with them.   Probably because of Covid-19, it took longer for you to get a reply.