Gods judgment

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I like to say I’m a Christian but I’m not.  I’m a sinner living in sin.  I like the Bible, but many verses there are that warn against the way I’m reading it.  To sum up, the Bible stated there is a great danger in reading the Bible just to read it.  Don’t be a hearer and not a doer of the word lest you put yourself in hanger of Gods judgment, for he who hears me words and doesn’t act on them is building his house on a loose foundation, and a verse it the gospel says it is VERY dangerous, to continually hear Gods word, and harden your heart to it, and says you are healing up wrath when you do this, and that person with be judged with all the knowledge he had by reading gods word and simply Hardening your heart to it.  This is dangerous. I also fear the truth that everyone will be judged by God.  I also have a seared conscience.  This is very evident by the fruit of Bear.  Very bad fruit.  I even go as far as preaching the word.  God says he will judge false teachers.   I don’t know.  I just know the Bible is dangerous for me to read.  To paraphrase, and if you don’t believe me, look up good Christian articles about always reading the Bible, but hardening your heart to it.  I know I will be judged hardly.  I’ve read the Bible for the past ten years, and everyone knows I’m a fake.  I bear no good fruit.  I don’t even know why I obsessively read the Bible.  Again if you continually hear the word you can be in great danger.  A gospel verse says you will be judged by how much of Gods word you knew, but chose to ultimate reject it.  I will be judged by my obsessive reading of gods word and not acting on it.  This is a great danger . I know I am heaping up punishment. I am not obeying the light God has given me in the Bible, I obsessively read it.  Should I just stop reading it altogether.  God has given me light, I don’t obey it, but continue to dangerously obsessively read the Bible.  I hope you can understand me.   I don’t know what to do 

Edited by Tyler22
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Tyler22

Indeed what you say is true.  The Bible shouldn't be read only but put into action. 

And yes, for those who read the Word only, are in a worse position than those who have never read it.  BUT those who stop reading it entirely, because of conviction, are in a even worse position than those who read it only.

So you are right in your assessment, to some extent, but wrong with you assessment of how to escape "danger", if that makes sense.

Now, please let me address the matter in hopes of bringing you comfort.

What use is a blunt sword to a warrior?  Shouldn't he first sharpen it on a whetstone before it's of any use?  Now, to the sword, the whetstone is hard and defiant.  It has an absolution that forcefully changes and shapes the sword, should the sword come near it.  If the sword had emotion, I'm sure it would consider the whetstone as dangerous.  Yet the whetstone's purpose and power is to actually make the sword useful to the owner - for it's intended destiny, otherwise the sword would be thrown away as useless.

The Bible is a gift from the Creator.  It's there to teach us and lead us to all truth.  If we want the truth and learn how to please our Creator, we have been given all the information we need within its pages to do so.  It's an oracle which should be respected and studied as such. 

Yes, initially it might seem overwhelming and difficult.  But if you just take one step at a time, you will be doing wisely and no different than the first century gentile believers.  As they joined the faith, they unlearned the ways of the world and slowly learned the ways of the Father.  Again, one step at a time (which is so much better than steps in the other direction!) 

Seek for the baptism of the Holy Spirit, with all your heart and mind, and He will give the Spirit to you.  The Spirit of Yahweh helps us to understand His Word, gives us strength to follow it and actually makes reading it such a joy - in ways that will excite and fascinate you, rather than worry and embitter you.

So, if you are feeling convicted on something, repent and make the change.  Why wait?  Because if I could confirm that the Messiah was returning this evening, wouldn't you act then?  Time is so short now and any small change you start to make is better than no change at all and walking away from the Word (whetstone).

Consider you owned a company and had a company manual for employees to follow.  One employee was slowly and steady on the uptake, only following very few rules but slowly increasing adherence. The other employee read the manual but didn't put it into practice - in fact, he said it was dangerous and refused to read it.  Then, the time for redundancies arrive and you have to lose one employee. Who would you let go? 

Therefore and again, take one step at a time, that is fully acceptable.  Deal with what you can today, and tomorrow what you can then.  A walking pace is better than no pace.

With all of the above in mind, consider deeply this parable of the Messiah: Luke 19:11-27.  Don't bury the Word in the world, bury it in your heart.  Accept it as complete truth, the very words preserved by our Creator, and He will grow the seed within you - if you are willing to be "sharpened".  

Love & Shalom

PS - If you are struggling with any particular part of the Word, please post in here or feel free to PM me and I will help if I can.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

All you must do is submit your will to God while it is yet day because the night draws nigh...

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/11/2020 at 10:26 PM, Tyler22 said:

like to say I’m a Christian but I’m not.  I’m a sinner living in sin.  I like the Bible, but many verses there are that warn against the way I’m reading it.  To sum up, the Bible stated there is a great danger in reading the Bible just to read it.  

What sort of answer do you expect.

If you knew of a cancer sufferer who has treatments lined up that would cure the cancer and that perso refuses to attend the treatment, take any medication etc etc what would you say to them?

You know your life is wrong.

You know the consequence of doing nothing yet you do nothing.

Please checkout the Christianity explored web site for a church in your area running this course and contact them.

Yes it is difficult to give up the pleasures of sin.

Yes it is embarrassing to tell family and friends you are a Christian.

Yes people will test your resolve, will dislike you, call you a ' holy Joe ',  and worse.

You will lose the fear of hell and gain the peace of God.

So are you man enough to try?

Or fool enough to carry on doing nothing!