• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I would tell them the same thing I told my very young Daughter , many years ago .... “ Anybody That Asks to be Saved WILL be Saved.”  Another favorite is to tell them to do like the “ Justified” Tax  Collector did—- say from the Heart...  “Lord , have mercy on me a Sinner”

My anchor is 1Cor15:1-4......Paul’s Gospel......a Promise from Jesus that if you simply Believe that Jesus  died for your Sins and Rose from the Dead, you will be Saved......Nothing But The Blood for Salvation....

For people like you and me with a biblical knowledge, we know those few words of scripture you quoted will suffice, ultimately.
But everybody we talk to is different, as you should know. A six year old responds different than a thirty yr old.
I use what the occasion calls for, and as the spirit leads.
I do not push for a decision, and do not want to be responsible for a lost pew sitter, as there are many.
I believe I have to get them lost first before they even consider the need to be saved.
And yes, I try as much as possible to keep it simple, childlike, whenever possible.
Just cry out to God for salvation mercy, ask God to save them.
Ray Comfort has a brilliant method to convince total strangers their sin and need for a savior.
Eventually he shares how much God actually loves them, and gave His son that they might be saved.
Then it's up to them, and the spirit.
My methods are not your methods, Blood, and that matters not.
The good thing is though, we all have this desire from God to share the good news.
And every saved believer is equipped to share, if they not allow the enemy to cause unnecessary fear.
We can do all things through Christ. He strengthens us. To the glory of God.
Nothing but the blood of the Lamb. Jesus Christ, and Him crucified!
               To the glory of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Sower said:

I believe I have to get them lost first before they can ever consider the need to be saved

Yes, they must hear the Bad News before they are interested in the Good News......notice that the three methods I showed already incorporated the fact that the Searchers were already aware that they were sinners that were in Trouble......I was giving the Rescue Plan to those that knew they needed rescuing....

Those that are still living in the Fools Paradise where they still believe they are “ Good Enough”, I would direct them to read Romans 1-3 or maybe read The Sermon on the Mound........I do not like Roy Comfort because he adds to the Gospel with his “ Lordship Salvation” Perversion Of The Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing.I “ DO” like his “ Conviction Of Sin” thingy though and have used it- it wakes people up......sometimes.

I also like the Zola Levitt “ Christianity in a nutshell” approach...... “ You are Dirty.You can’t go to Heaven “ dirty.” Only Jesus can cleanse you.Ask Him to Clean you.He will........”

I think both of us are effective “ Sowers” Of The Word Who are basically on the same Page.....We spread the seed and it is wholly up to God and  His Holy Spirit to “ open the Heart” as he did with Lydia and Peter......God Bless...

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Well Said! 1