Ervin P

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  7

I'll state once more what I believe so that there is no confusion.
I believe that God will slay the wicked at the final judgement. They will be executed, as simple as that. What exists of them after this execution, whether it be lifeless inanimate soul debris, piles of smouldering ashes, decaying corpses, lifeless blobs ectoplasm, heaps of dust or what have you, is completely immaterial to me.

What a man can do to another man when he kills that other man, this is what I believe God will do to both the bodies and the souls of the wicked.
Mat_10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

As such I do not claim cessation of existence of the wicked. I claim cessation of life for the wicked and eternal life for the saved.

Edited by LuftWaffle

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

On 6/29/2020 at 1:48 PM, OneLight said:

We seem to be going around in circles as you are not even addressing what I post in some parts.  Take your continued usage of aion.  Twice I have shown you that this is the incorrect word used in Mark 3:29, yet you ignore what I post.  Why is that?  Here, allow me to show you for the third time.

But G1161 he G3739 that G302 shall blaspheme G987 against G1519 the Holy G40 Ghost G4151 hath G2192 never G3756 G1519 G165 forgiveness, G859 but G235 is G2076 in danger G1777 of eternal G166 damnation: G2920

Notice that eternal is G166, not G 165.  Here is the first time I posted this for you.

As for the word spirit goes, that is G4151,

spirit pneuma G4151 πνεῦμα

1. the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son
    1. sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his personality and character (the "Holy" Spirit)
    2. sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his work and power (the Spirit of "Truth")
    3. never referred to as a depersonalised force
  2. the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated
    1. the rational spirit, the power by which the human being feels, thinks, decides
    2. the soul
  3. a spirit, i.e. a simple essence, devoid of all or at least all grosser matter, and possessed of the power of knowing, desiring, deciding, and acting
    1. a life giving spirit
    2. a human soul that has left the body
    3. a spirit higher than man but lower than God, i.e. an angel
      1. used of demons, or evil spirits, who were conceived as inhabiting the bodies of men
      2. the spiritual nature of Christ, higher than the highest angels and equal to God, the divine nature of Christ
  4. the disposition or influence which fills and governs the soul of any one
    1. the efficient source of any power, affection, emotion, desire, etc.
  5. a movement of air (a gentle blast)
    1. of the wind, hence the wind itself
    2. breath of nostrils or mouth

There seems to be more than one usage of the word spirit, don't you agree  It also seems to me you are also incorrect here as it can mean a person.  In my Greek dictionary that are 6 double column pages for this word.  That sure is a lot of explaining for just one meaning.  I can type it all out for you, but I doubt you would read it all. 

Hey, sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this. As I said before, aion and aionios are the same word. They have the same meaning. It's like run and and ran. They both mean the same thing one is present tense and the other is past tense.

I am aware of what the dictionaries say about the word pneuma. However, what is important is the how the Bible uses it. Dictionaries have 2000 years of theological baggage tied to them. Also, as I've pointed out, translating the word pneuma as spirit is a figure of speech. The word pneuma in the Bible is always in the neuter gender. The neuter gender is generally translated with the pronoun it, not he. When the Scriptures speak of the spirit it should be translated it, not he. What you see in the dictionaries is theological bias. People have a belief and they interpret the Scriptures according to that belief. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

I'm only going by what Jesus said.. to liveth and believth in him and you shall never die.

If you just believeth you will die like Lazarus and have to wait for him to come.

Edited by brian100

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Eternal torment or eternal death

Certainly Eternal torment:

• Rev 20:10 -> "And the Devil who deceived them was cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet were . And he will be tormented day and night forever and ever.".