IGNORED

Lives Matter, All of Them

46 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Other races don't have that  issue as much as blacks. In the last few years we've had several incidences where non violent black  men or women were killed by police using excessive  force. How many whites  or Asians did that happen to?

If you do the research, you will find that more whites have been killed by police than blacks. 46.3% of unarmed men killed by police were white, 22% were black, 14.8% were Hispanic, while the remaining % were other or unknown. That is a 2019 statistic.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

If you do the research, you will find that more whites have been killed by police than blacks. 46.3% of unarmed men killed by police were white, 22% were black, 14.8% were Hispanic, while the remaining % were other or unknown. That is a 2019 statistic.

Maybe because there are far more whites in America than blacks. That's why they're called a minority.

And why are you comparing  anyway? If you want to make or support a movement to prevent deaths of whites by police ,you have every right to but why oppose tje blacks struggle to prevent themselves from getting killed?

Edited by creativemechanic

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

1 Corinthians 3:[1] And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
[2] I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
[3] For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
[4] For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
[5] Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
[6] I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
[7] So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
[8] Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
[9] For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
[10] According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
[11] For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
[12] Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
[13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
[16] Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
[17] If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
[18] Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
[19] For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
[20] And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
[21] Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
[22] Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
[23] And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

7 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

And why are you comparing  anyway?

Indeed to all. Shalom.

Learn.

2 Timothy 2:[24] And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

5 hours ago, Who me said:

Yet I don't hear about how a police force is to police a hostile community, how they are to do their job and stay safe themselves.

The community is hostile because of discrimination. Whenever you have groups of people who are disenfranchised, crime is going to be higher among those groups who may feel they have no choice but to seek out illegitimate ways to provide  for themselves. Instead of creating a more equal society, the police are sent in to deal with the crime among those who can’t find work. 

Another issue is that the police want you to forget about their deep history of corruption and the corruption that still lingers. People don’t trust them because of their past sins and the way they abuse their power now in many situations. It’s unfair to say there are just a few bad apples when the police have been rooted and grounded in corruption since its inception. 

5 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Maybe because there are far more whites in America than blacks. That's why they're called a minority.

And why are you comparing  anyway? If you want to make or support a movement to prevent deaths of whites by police ,you have every right to but why oppose tje blacks struggle to prevent themselves from getting killed?

What I am opposing is the notion that America is an inherently racist society. The the police in this county are on the whole racist. That is what is being aid here. If someone wants to prevent themselves from being killed by the police, then cooperate with them. More than likely, you would be released. No matter what color you are. I am comparing because you and the others who are protesting are saying that blacks are being targeted by the police because they are racist. That is patently not true. And the facts bear that out. But I guess that the facts really don't matter now, do they?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

I see it this way.  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  If God does not distinguish between color, then neither will I.

Yes, black lives matter, as all life matters.  Why are we not seeing BLM speak to their own first and try to stop the homicides among blacks? 

• Well Said! 1

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I see it this way.  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  If God does not distinguish between color, then neither will I.

Yes, black lives matter, as all life matters.  Why are we not seeing BLM speak to their own first and try to stop the homicides among blacks? 

because  in that context the ones doing the killing aren't the ones supposed to keep  order. A certain standard is expected of police officers. So when a high amount of non violent  offenders of a certain race  are getting killled dur to excessive forcr then something is wrong. 

This is hilarious  though. People in this thread are dancing around the fire all kinda ways talking about police reputations and how  other races were illtreated centuries ago. noones showing any concern that  theres a current trend of black people getting murdered by police officers using excessive force. Where's Christianity in that? Is that showing for your brother? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

14 minutes ago, ChickenCoop said:

It is interesting to see by pictures in the news of the 4 officers involved in this situation two are white, one is black and one is Asian.   Makes one wonder if this should really be considered a hate crime based on race.  

I agree with this. Btw, anyone can get a poster and write black lives matter on it and start marching and the media will report that “black lives matter”’are on the scene and then the divisions start. I have seen this happen with my own eyes.

I would suggest there are racists who don’t like blacks, Latinos and the list goes on, but they would never hurt anyone. This is about bad policing and the police not being accountable to anyone. You can be as racist as you want to be, but if you know you’re going to lose your pension, your job and your freedom, you will not act on those racist feelings by physically harming someone.Racism needs to be taken out  of the discussion and the sole focus should be on police accountability, or we aren’t going to get anywhere.

18 minutes ago, ChickenCoop said:

It is interesting to see by pictures in the news of the 4 officers involved in this situation two are white, one is black and one is Asian.   Makes one wonder if this should really be considered a hate crime based on race.  

Maybe.  Maybe not. Noone knows what was going through his mind. The image of a white officer with a knee on a black man's neck for 8 minutes with a history of black abuse by white officers doesn'thelp the reputation