• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

47 minutes ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

No...he sent me an email saying what his ministry does in India.  He was very admit about me sending him a reply email.  I am sure he is use to people giving him a fake email. lol  Then he sent me a second email begging for donations.  I did not reply after that.  I dont mind helping hurting Christians but this one seemed pretty shady and I dont think its a very ethical way of begging for funds online though private messaging whom you do not know.   I believe in loving your neighbor but a neighbor is someone you know locally whom you can see their struggles.  I think giving to far away places that you dont know much about while neglecting those around you is a sin and hypocritical.

I’ve recieved emails like that from Ethiopia, where some wealthy person needs me to help fund them getting out of the country so that they can give me a million. Total scam. For one there is a shortage of millionaires in Ethiopia, and why would a rich person need help paying to leave a country?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

In our local christian forum an orphan asked for donation to pay house rental n school but he gave his complete address for people to come n visit him about his situation, he didnt rcv help from rich churches. People visited him n donated.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

i'm so sorry this happened to you,  and i agree with everything said here,  don't fall for a scam,  use discenrment and pray about it