• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1955

6 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Ah, the Eastern Orthodox  Church uses this translation, and they believe Comeliness even meant He had ailment, specifically one longer leg that made him limp. 

The strange things religions teach eh?  :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

17 hours ago, Son of Israel said:

The strange things religions teach eh?  :)

I am inclined to believe the Eastern Orthodox on this, that Jesus had an ailment, “In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered.” (Hebrews 2:10). To be our Mediator and Intercessor I believe he suffered a weakness like a longer leg and limp, “This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin.” (Hebrews 4:15 NLT). 

I alao think is sounds like God to be in the flesh withab  ailment and heal people, thus showing power in weakness and making wisdom of men as foolishens, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the powerof Christ may rest on me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9),  “But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty,” (1 Corinthians 1:27), and  “For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness” (1 Corinthians 3:19). :) 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

9 minutes ago, DDisconnect said:

There's no way to know, exactly. Though this has been an interesting read.

One needs only read the descriptions of other historical figures from different sources to know that eyewitness descriptions are... A bit too vast. The one I have most experience with is a Japanese Daimyo (a title for a ruling feudal lord and vassal of the shogun) named Kenshin Uesugi from the Sengoku period. Primarily due over the speculation that Uesugi may have been female. I mean, that would be awesome if another woman could be added to the list of strong females throughout history, if Uesugi truly was female. Though there were female samurai as well, on a side note.

Some accounts call Uesugi short and others, freakishly tall. Sometimes a broad, muscular man and other times, a thin man with a soft face. Sometimes beautiful, and other times, Uesugi may have looked like a troll. A Spanish traveler called Uesugi an "aunt" in a letter, as well as medical records indicating lifelong cramps for Uesugi... Each month, the same week. Then, "he" was one of 5he only men allowed into the women's quarters of the Kyoto imperial palace, a very rare occurrence - and reportedly a good, dear friend of the shogun's harem. He died of uterine cancer, most common in women. Never had kids or married. Those last few details are just meant to lend support to the female Uesugi theory, for those curious. You still get the idea that different people describe different things, and there's no way to know who has the right of it.

This is all beyond the point as, just looking at all these different descriptions of Jesus, we can see both consistencies and inconsistencies. Was his hair blond, red, or black? Was he handsome, or did he have a face only a mother could love? While speculation is interesting, what matters more are his words and actions. He could've looked like a goblin drawn with your left hand, it still wouldn't diminish his glory or righteousness. Though I will say that I'd personally go with Pilate's description, as he is known to have seen Jesus and he doesn't come across as a guy who would have reason to lie.

Well said. 

The reason I think Jesus hair is different in the descriptions is dirty blond hair can look red, especially in the beard, it looks chestnut or brown, but when in sub long it bleaches blond. 

Its the same thing about Jesus robe, was is scarlet red of purple? The answer is the Roman word Scarlet back then covered red, blue and purple, ao when we try to translate it it comes out scarlet red or purple. Also as you said different people see differenf things, those who saw Jesus after flogging saw him in a Roman robe of red, at Herod’s a purple one. Its the same regarding Christ’s cross, did He carry it or did Simon Cyerene carry it? The answer is where on the Via Del Rosa you were, if it was earlier Jesus carried it, but later when He was weakenses, Simon helped. If you were on the part of the road were Simin carried it, you will emphasize that. 

• Group:  Members

7 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

To be our Mediator and Intercessor I believe he suffered a weakness like a longer leg and limp,

Strange opinion, but to each his own...   

One thing for sure, there is nothing scriptural about such an opinion :)

1 minute ago, Son of Israel said:

Strange opinion, but to each his own...   

One thing for sure, there is nothing scriptural about such an opinion :)

Well, what about this Scripture? “But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty,” (1 Corinthians 1:27)

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Well, what about this Scripture? “But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty,” (1 Corinthians 1:27)

To believe something beyond scriptures is indeed weak and confounded.

As has been established by scriptures: 

1) Jesus was of ruddy complexion as David...

2) He had no beauty that one would be attracted to Him.

Those facts have been covered above and can't be disputed.

If someone believed Jesus had a limp, or maybe a third eye in the middle of his forehead, that doesn't make it true.  Nor does quoting 1 cor 1:27 after making such a spurious statement make it true.

You are indeed entitled to your own opinion. But to suggest it comes from scriptures is extreme delinquency, I would caution you in such mechanisms.

(Rom 3:4)  God forbid: yea, >>>let God be true, but every man a liar;<<< as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Peace

• Oy Vey! 1

50 minutes ago, Son of Israel said:

If someone believed Jesus had a limp, or maybe a third eye in the middle of his forehead, that doesn't make it true.  Nor does quoting 1 cor 1:27 after making such a spurious statement make it true.

You are indeed entitled to your own opinion. But to suggest it comes from scriptures is extreme delinquency, I would caution you in such mechanisms.

(Rom 3:4)  God forbid: yea, >>>let God be true, but every man a liar;<<< as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Peace

You say peace (pax, shalom, salem) but call me  “weak, confounded, and spurious.”  That is not peace. That is an insult to my person.

Jews as well as Christian brothers and sisters have traditions outside the Bible.  Hannukah is not a feast of the Lord, it is Maccabean feast for a miracle that the oil in the Menorah lasted nine days past when the oil should have ran out. Are we to call Jews “weak and confounded,” because they celebrate Hannukah?  or call our Christian brethern who have The Magi at the Nativity Scene “spurious,”? 

As Johnny Cash says, “Until He (Son of Man) comes no Shalom or Salem.” Indeed. 

We have no definitive proof in Scripture that Jesus was handicapped, but I cited “But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty,” (1Corinthians 1:27) to prove God confounds human wisdom and uses weakness to bring down the mighty. So it stands to reason Christ could have had physical weakness to know our sufferings and to confound the wise as He healed people. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,654
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

1 Corinthians 15:45–49 (AV)
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

1 John 3:2 (AV)
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Jesus is his own human race. Adam is the prototype. Mary was a virgin gestational surrogate for the last Adam embryo.

It is not so much that he reflects us but we will reflect him in the resurrection.  

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

7 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Jesus is his own human race. Adam is the prototype. Mary was a virgin gestational surrogate for the last Adam embryo.

It is not so much that he reflects us but we will reflect him in the resurrection.  

This sounds like a strange eugenics experiment. Which is not what I see in Scripture. 

God became a man, and was Born of the Virgin Mary. He became flesh, of the hunan race, of the line of David (Luke 2, Matthew 1):

concerning his Sonwho wasdescended from David according tothe flesh and was declared to be theSon of God in power according to theSpirit of holiness by his resurrectionfrom the deadJesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 1:1-4) 

He is not last embyro of Adam, Adam’s bloodline continues to this day. Now if you mean The Second Adam as in, “For if the many died by the trespass of the one man (Adam),  how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!” (Romans 5:15)

3 hours ago, Son of Israel said:

Peace

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

You say peace (pax, shalom, salem) but call me  “weak, confounded, and spurious.”  That is not peace. That is an insult to my person.

Jews as well as Christian brothers and sisters have traditions outside the Bible.  Hannukah is not a feast of the Lord, it is Maccabean feast for a miracle that the oil in the Menorah lasted nine days past when the oil should have ran out. Are we to call Jews “weak and confounded,” because they celebrate Hannukah?  or call our Christian brethern who have The Magi at the Nativity Scene “spurious,”? 

As Johnny Cash says, “Until He (Son of Man) comes no Shalom or Salem.” Indeed. 

We have no definitive proof in Scripture that Jesus was handicapped, but I cited “But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty,” (1Corinthians 1:27) to prove God confounds human wisdom and uses weakness to bring down the mighty. So it stands to reason Christ could have had physical weakness to know our sufferings and to confound the wise as He healed people. 

If you think I called you names, then report me.  My post is perfect and you stand corrected.  

Rom_3:4  God forbid: yea, let >>>God be true, but every man a liar<<<; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

• Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1