IGNORED

Can people have a relationship with God without the Holy Spirit?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/22/2020 at 5:53 PM, CaptWalker said:

I think what confuses a lot of people,including myself, is the difference between having the Spirit or being filled with it, or are they one in the same? Well one thing i do know is that if receiving a "baptism" in the Spirit is required for that relationship, then i for one(along with MANY) am still waiting after over 20 years now, and apparently do not yet have a "relationship" with God/YHVH?? But i have also heard that it may take years for some people to receive it, whereas others could receive it almost immediately. But i'll just stick with my own experience for now and do my best to at least improve, and maybe someday will be worthy to receive this "power" from on High, and speak in tongues and prophesy, and have that same type relationship like all those others lucky enough to already know God/Holy Spirit in this way??

*{Romans-9:15}*

I once heard something like this:

When being born again, the Holy Spirit becomes a resident in us.
When being filled with the Spirit, the Holy Spirit becomes the president in us.

Edited by Wesley L

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

On 7/18/2020 at 1:50 AM, Open7 said:

Can people have a relationship with God without the Holy Spirit?

Eg if non saved people pray to God will he hear them or turn a blind eye? I know it might sound like a contradiction if people pray to him but they don’t believe, but I’m thinking along the lines of someone who is in the fence and praying to see what it’s like.

Thanks

Can people have a relationship with God without God? Of course not. 

Rest assured that the Lord hears those who don't know Him, to include the doubtful and unbelieving. Jesus Christ created everything and everyone, @Open7 --- nothing is hidden from His sight. God most certainly has a relationship with us regardless of our present estate; all are called to come to the Son of the living God and believe He who was slain and who rose from the dead. God's Spirit is in this world now, convicting men of their sins and testifying of the Son whom our Father sent. Our relationship with God begins when we believe His Son... there is no other way.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

Everyone has a relationship with God. Unfortunately, for some its a bad, one way relationship. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The Bible says that a double minded person won't receive anything from God.  So it depends on their hearts.  I know people who say they pray to God when they want something good and pray to satan when they want something evil.  That is pretty scary.  If the person is desperately seeking God or seeking to know Him, He reaches out to us if we reach out to Him.  However God doesn't give a lot of leash to people who try to manipulate Him because they haven't humbled themselves before Him or acknowledged in their hearts that He is in control.  He is our Maker and not we ourselves.  Some people reject the God of the Bible, and the words of the Bible, and make a god of their own imagination.  You hear them say things like "Well MY god wouldn't send people to hell!"  I don't know who or what they are worshipping but it isn't the God that I worship.  I worship a righteous, holy and just God Who is also love and grace.  

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I don't believe that a person without the Holy Spirit can have a genuine relationship with God.  Mankind's spirit died with Adam's sin and until he receives the new birth there is no true communication with God. Without the Holy Spirit he doesn't belong to Christ.

Rom 8:9  But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

• Thumbs Up 1