IGNORED

Can people have a relationship with God without the Holy Spirit?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Eg if non saved people pray to God will he hear them or turn a blind eye? I know it might sound like a contradiction if people pray to him but they don’t believe, but I’m thinking along the lines of someone who is in the fence and praying to see what it’s like.

Thanks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I think this happens all the time. People in various ways can be drawn to the Lord. It is why He died for us all. He is not about to diminish that tremendous sacrifice by limiting Himself in any way. He will go out of His way to draw a lost person towards His Embrace. Fence sitters could be said to be part way there. So God is NOT the mean Person many have tried to convey. He longs for His earthly human family to join in His heavenly family with Him. God knows the heart. God is Always Good. God does not want any to be permanently lost. Yeshua (Jesus) means YA is Salvation. It is what He does.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

No. 

God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit, and in truth. John 4:24 KJV

5 hours ago, Open7 said:

No. See John 4:24 above. 

5 hours ago, Open7 said:

I know it might sound like a contradiction if people pray to him but they don’t believe,

This happens all the time, Open7. Millions pray to a 'god' they know not who or what they pray to. 

5 hours ago, Open7 said:

I’m thinking along the lines of someone who is in the fence and praying to see what it’s like.

Yes, this happens as well. A lot of people want to 'test run' the Lord if you know what I mean.

Psalm 34:8-10 8O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. 9O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. 10The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing. 

1 Peter 2:3 3If so be ye have tasted that the LORD is gracious.

Psalm 119:103 103How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

16 hours ago, Open7 said:

Eg if non saved people pray to God will he hear them or turn a blind eye? I know it might sound like a contradiction if people pray to him but they don’t believe, but I’m thinking along the lines of someone who is in the fence and praying to see what it’s like.

Thanks

Uh, the Holy Spirit is the one in the Godhead who is in the world now.

John 16:7 (AV)
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

John 14:26 (AV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 (AV)
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

If the OP is wanting to get to the Father:

John 14:6 (AV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 7/18/2020 at 3:50 AM, Open7 said:

Thanks

Not quite sure how to read that.  But saying can you have a relationship with G-d, without the Holy Spirit, is a bit like asking "Can you have a friend of the family, who does not know my wife and kids?"

How is it a friend of the family, without knowing the family?

I would say no.  You need to know the Lord G-d of Heaven, and that includes all aspects.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

On 7/18/2020 at 8:50 AM, Open7 said:

Thanks

Everyone has a relationship with God.

1) The unregenerate (who do not have the Holy Spirit) have a hostile relationship with God.  They hate the light and will not come to it and they reject the things of the Spirit of God.

2) The saved (who do have the Holy Spirit) have a loving, trusting relationship with God.  They love the light and receive the things of the Spirit of God.

Rom. 8:7-9 (EMTV)

7 Because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not submit to the law of God, nor indeed can it.
8 And those that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

John 3:19-21 (ESV)

19  And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20  For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.

1 Cor. 2:14 (ESV) The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/18/2020 at 12:50 AM, Open7 said:

Thanks

No, it is a package deal. In order to be a born again Christian you have to have he Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 7/18/2020 at 3:50 AM, Open7 said:

Thanks

God answering and/or hearing prayer, etc. doesn't mean they have a relationship.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 7/18/2020 at 9:50 AM, Open7 said:

Thanks

We all have a relationship with God. God created us.
But we really do a bad job maintaining this relationship, because of our sins. And God is really not happy about it.
The only way to repair this relationship is by faith in Jesus Christ alone. Without this faith, there is no way to please God in whatever we do.

B.t.w. how can someone pray to God without believing in God?

Edited by Wesley L

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

I think what confuses a lot of people,including myself, is the difference between having the Spirit or being filled with it, or are they one in the same? Well one thing i do know is that if receiving a "baptism" in the Spirit is required for that relationship, then i for one(along with MANY) am still waiting after over 20 years now, and apparently do not yet have a "relationship" with God/YHVH?? But i have also heard that it may take years for some people to receive it, whereas others could receive it almost immediately. But i'll just stick with my own experience for now and do my best to at least improve, and maybe someday will be worthy to receive this "power" from on High, and speak in tongues and prophesy, and have that same type relationship like all those others lucky enough to already know God/Holy Spirit in this way??

*{Romans-9:15}*

Edited by CaptWalker