• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

4 hours ago, Josheb said:
On 7/25/2020 at 12:45 PM, Mantis said:

I believe this is the beginning of the falling away mentioned in 2 thes 2:1-3. I don’t think we will ever be able to worship and gather like we once did. Jesus will come soon.

I disagree. 

I also disagree. If Mantis means we won't be able to worship as we once did, ever again, due to the virus then I really disagree. I don't like what I'm going to say, but here's what I currently think. Eventually we will either get this virus under control using vaccines and meds, or first many will die but those who don't will have a resistance to the virus. When I researched the Black Death plague I was surprised to read that those germs are still with us. We need to understand this because so far very few have died from Covid-19. I copied this from Wikipedia: 

The Black Death (also known as the Pestilence, the Great Mortality, or the Plague) was the deadliest pandemic recorded in human history. The Black Death resulted in the deaths of up to 75–200 million people in Eurasia and North Africa, peaking in Europe from 1347 to 1351.   

Look at that, even just 75 million deaths in a 4 yr period is way more than what's likely to happen now. What's more, we can reduce the deaths with masks and social distancing. I see here in NY how we cut the hospital cases way down using masks and social distance, so it works. Perhaps those at greater risk should wear the N95 mask. We need to start making them. It won't take long, 1 or 2 months.

As to the scripture in 2 Thess, for that to be happening the man of lawlessness has to appear. I don't think he's here yet.

I think life will continue, yes life will change but I don't think it's over just yet.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18

I have a few more thoughts about all this. If you scare easily please don't read anymore, I'm just speculating. I assume some of you played the video game "Deus Ex" about 20 yrs ago. I loved that game because it isn't linear, which was a new thing back then. I still play Deus Ex once every 10 yrs or so and recently realized what the story's really about. I hope and pray some madmen didn't decide to try and make what happens in Deus Ex happen for real. I consider it a very small possibility that the C-virus was man made. Although I think it's becoming clear that the Left is using the pandemic to try and get rid of Trump, the conservatives, and to destroy America. I find it hard to fathom the mentality of those who wish to live without the freedoms we enjoy. Such people are truly mad, as well as evil.

There's also the notion that Earth has too many people and we have to get rid of some. This idea is more disturbing than Deus Ex. I just watched Avengers: Infinity War again. That movie is saying there are too many people and the bad guy decides he will eliminate 1/2 of them. (I still haven't seen the next movie, so I don't know the final outcome) 

I just hope that no crazy people did this on purpose.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18

25 minutes ago, Josheb said:

There's simply no way in all the heavens and earth the first century Thessalonians would have understood anything Paul wrote them to be related to twenty centuries in the future.

That's an excellent point Josheb. The longer you read the Scriptures the more you will realize they are true in many ways. Which makes a great case for the idea that an all powerful God inspired them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Josheb said:

I disagree. 

What do you mean by "soon"? How soon? 

Like in our life times soon.

3 hours ago, JTC said:

I also disagree. If Mantis means we won't be able to worship as we once did, ever again, due to the virus then I really disagree. I don't like what I'm going to say, but here's what I currently think. Eventually we will either get this virus under control using vaccines and meds, or first many will die but those who don't will have a resistance to the virus. When I researched the Black Death plague I was surprised to read that those germs are still with us. We need to understand this because so far very few have died from Covid-19. I copied this from Wikipedia: 

The Black Death (also known as the Pestilence, the Great Mortality, or the Plague) was the deadliest pandemic recorded in human history. The Black Death resulted in the deaths of up to 75–200 million people in Eurasia and North Africa, peaking in Europe from 1347 to 1351.   

Look at that, even just 75 million deaths in a 4 yr period is way more than what's likely to happen now. What's more, we can reduce the deaths with masks and social distancing. I see here in NY how we cut the hospital cases way down using masks and social distance, so it works. Perhaps those at greater risk should wear the N95 mask. We need to start making them. It won't take long, 1 or 2 months.

As to the scripture in 2 Thess, for that to be happening the man of lawlessness has to appear. I don't think he's here yet.

I think life will continue, yes life will change but I don't think it's over just yet.

I don’t think the man of lawlessness has been revealed yet. I think this may be the beginning of the falling away. We aren’t there yet, just in the beginning stages of it. Now this is just my personal opinion and of course I could be wrong. I just see everything happening in the world. People have become exactly like the Bible said they would be in the last days. I see the bad of this world portrayed as good and the good as bad. I have never seen so much hate as I see today. Never in my life have I seen it this bad.

15 hours ago, Josheb said:

How old are you?

I'm 61. If I live to be 80 that would mean Jesus is coming within the next 19 years. Is that what you mean by "soon"? 

He could come in the next 19 years. Things can happen very fast. I’m 44.

46 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Thank you for that straight answer to the question. Much appreciated. 

If I am understanding you correctly then when you say Jesus is coming back "soon" I can understand that to mean "within the next 19 years." You say you're 44. If you live to 80 then would soon mean "within the next 36 years"? There are possible some young people reading these posts. Let's say one of them is 20 years old. If they live to be 80 then could I then understand your use of the word "soon" to means "within the next 60 years"?

19 years?

36 years?

60 years?

Any of the three?

I have no idea haha. I just personally think he will be here soon. I am not going to put a date on it. No man knows.

9 hours ago, Josheb said:

Well, let me come at this matter from a slightly different direction. When you use the word "soon," can I or should I understand your use of the word "soon" could mean more than 100 years from now? Or more than 500 years from now? Or more than 2000 years from now? You've said you believe it will occur "in our lifetime soon." So I want to point out you have put a date on it, Mantis. Not a specific date, but you've set a time frame for its occurrence: in our lifetime soon

Presumably that would not mean 100 or more years from now but I want to make sure before I move on to my next point of comment or inquiry. When you say "soon" and you mean "in our lifetime soon." am I to understand your use of the word "soon" cannot be 100, 500, or 2000 or more years from now?

I'll move on once I read your answer. Thx

You’re right. It does sound like I put a date on it, but that was not my intention. My bad. I guess I should have said “just live like he will be here in your lifetime”. 
Just to clarify, I have no special revelation or anything. None what so ever.  

He could be back in ten minutes or forty thousand years from now. I don’t know. That is soon to me. Does that answer your question?

I lean on the belief that we are in the last days and he could come back while we are alive and I expect him. But as I said before, I could be wrong.

I am not predicting anything. I just have hope for my Lord to return soon. I see the hate overflowing on earth and it’s disgusting. 

Fair enough. If there is a pre trib rapture that could be anytime, any second. I am not totally sold on pre trib but it is a possibility and therefore I look for my Lord any day. There is nothing wrong with that. No one has proven to me that any rapture timeline view is true or false. So I am going to live and expect him to come end this suffering any day. Is that ok? What did God define as “soon”?