Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

I enjoy eschatological exegesis as much as the next person. But what I find disheartening is how we can get bogged down in our own Millenial and Trib views and lose sight of the Lamb. One eschatological pratice I think we can all agree on and do from time to time is a memorial: 

“23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread,
24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body, which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."
25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes [Arrives, come again].” (1 Corinthians 11:23-26)

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

23 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I enjoy eschatological exegesis as much as the next person. But what I find disheartening is how we can get bogged down in our own Millenial and Trib views and lose sight of the Lamb. One eschatological pratice I think we can all agree on and do from time to time is a memorial: 

“23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread,
24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body, which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."
25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes [Arrives, come again].” (1 Corinthians 11:23-26)

Yes, the memorial of the Lord's once-for-all sacrifice on the cross is very important.  I find that thinking about it always stirs up my love for the Lord and desire to please him.

• This is Worthy 1

6 hours ago, David1701 said:

Yes, the memorial of the Lord's once-for-all sacrifice on the cross is very important.  I find that thinking about it always stirs up my love for the Lord and desire to please him.

Well said! You get a worthy rating. :) 

I wish we would do Communion more in church services (instead of once a month), and even read these verses, “We proclaim His death until He Comes Again.” :)  

• Well Said! 1

35 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Well said! You get a worthy rating. :) 

I wish we would do Communion more in church services (instead of once a month), and even read these verses, “We proclaim His death until He Comes Again.” :)  

In some congregations I've attended, communion has been every Sunday; and one of them always read those verses.

Edited by David1701

30 minutes ago, David1701 said:

In some congregations I've attended, communion has been every Sunday; and one of them always read those verses.

Indeed, when I attended a Lutheran Church, every Sunday they adminster the Communion, with every member and vistor participating.  

I wish Evangelical and Non-Denominational churches did the same. Perhaps I shoukd pray for it. 

Guest theElect777
1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Indeed, when I attended a Lutheran Church, every Sunday they adminster the Communion, with every member and vistor participating.  

I wish Evangelical and Non-Denominational churches did the same. Perhaps I shoukd pray for it. 

Some Pentecostal churches have Communion every Sunday.  Some fellowship churches do as well.

7 minutes ago, theElect777 said:

Some Pentecostal churches have Communion every Sunday.  Some fellowship churches do as well.

That is good news! 

For Jesus our Lord said to “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” (Luke 22:19) 

11 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

You could always take communion with your family, or even on your own, if your congregation only takes communion once a month.  I know it's not the same; but it's still a memorial of the Lord's death and he'll still be there with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, David1701 said:

You could always take communion with your family, or even on your own, if your congregation only takes communion once a month.  I know it's not the same; but it's still a memorial of the Lord's death and he'll still be there with you.

That’s a good alternative. 

I just need soms Matza and Manshevitz. :) 

19 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

That’s a good alternative. 

I just need soms Matza and Manshevitz. :) 

Crackers and grape juice would be fine.

• Thumbs Up 1