• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  15

Just now, Wayne222 said:

I dont go to the beach. 

You are safer. Those Beach Jaws are terrifying! 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

45 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Now that Great Whites are beaching

I think you're inaccurate here. Great Whites don't jump on beaches but since they want the Seals that are on the beach they will come close to it. The only good thing about "Jaws" is it has lead to scientific study of these animals. In truth they're no worse than a hungry lion or tiger. But I stay away from jungles. Now everyone has to stay out of the oceans.

7 minutes ago, JTC said:

I think you're inaccurate here. Great Whites don't jump on beaches but since they want the Seals that are on the beach they will come close to it. The only good thing about "Jaws" is it has lead to scientific study of these animals. In truth they're no worse than a hungry lion or tiger. But I stay away from jungles. Now everyone has to stay out of the oceans.

I will give you a link to a video, and you’ll understand the meaning of Sand Sharks.. :o 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

4 hours ago, JTC said:

This is too much. At least I don't go swimming anymore but I did as of 10 yrs ago. They have had to close the south shore beaches off of Long Island NY lately because sharks are being seen, close to shore. Usually they are Bull sharks, which is more aggressive than the Great White shark is.

Many sharks live and hunt close to shore, out to about 300 yards, where their food species live. We catch Black Tip and Bull
sharks up to nine feet, over 5oo pounds, here in Texas on Padre Island. Hammer heads and Tigers up to twelve foot also.
Our kids learned to swim in salt water, grew up at the beach. (No digital screen time for them back then....default_thumbsup.gif.8c0f4d9879474b5af237db4a9e65b520.gif )
My son and I have entered many shark tournaments of which he won a first place one year, a bull shark at six foot two inch.
The Padre Island park rangers do a fly over down the beach daily checking on endangered turtle activity.
Talking to them I learned they see sharks all the time swimming around and between the swimmers and surfers, and fishermen.
I guess what you don't know......
Stepping on sting rays with bare feet is not uncommon, and so far I haven't been zapped.
I was fortunate to raise my family in this environment, out doors, and not in a crowded city w/the city problems.
Chances of shark attack is 1 in 3.75 million.    Since 1865 there had been 65 shark attacks in Texas waters.

Only shark I like is fried. 

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

2 hours ago, Sower said:

I was fortunate to raise my family in this environment, out doors, and not in a crowded city w/the city problems.
Chances of shark attack is 1 in 3.75 million.    Since 1865 there had been 65 shark attacks in Texas waters.

I also lived that way when I was younger. I didn't live in a city neither. The reason all these shark sighting upsets me is because I wouldn't swim knowing so many are being seen. I find this sad especially for the younger people who want to go in the water.  The statistics you quoted me are hard to believe, but I'm not going to check. You can gamble on not becoming a statistic I'd rather not. 

15 minutes ago, ChickenCoop said:

What about landsharks?

??

Or sharknado?

???