• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 12/4/2020 at 4:37 AM, Figure of eighty said:

Jospeh and Daniel were both dream interpreters. 

I dont get why so many people are against this. Its not new age to get clairty from God.

But why do you need dreams to guide you when you have the Bible?  God has said it in all in the pages of Scripture, therefore any revelation that comes through a dream is heresy if it doesn't comply with Scripture, or superfluous if it does.

But having said that, if during a dream there is someone that I know, I take it as a signal to pray for them that their faith fails not.  This is because God can insert someone who needs prayer into a dream to prompt me that the person needs my prayer for them.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 12/4/2020 at 4:37 AM, Figure of eighty said:

God speaks in parables so no he isn't always clear. 

Jesus spoke in parables to the general unconverted Jews, but He always gave the clear meaning to His disciples.  After He went to the Father, He sent us the Holy Spirit who clearly teaches us the things we need to know.  None of the Apostles spoke in parables in their letters to the churches.

A lot of times when someone says that God speaks to us in parables, it is because the clear message of Scripture isn't acceptable to them and they try to muddy the waters by saying it is a parable and not the plain truth that is being presented to them.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/30/2020 at 3:49 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I feel , despite my situation( backsliding), God gives me dreams but I don't understand the meaning. Not completely anyway. 

Can I pray for this gift?

Figure of eighty, 

It's been almost a year and also, since December 2020 when you last posted in your thread here. 

Inquiring, have you discerned whether or not the dream(s) were a distraction in preventing you from heeding conviction,  as you focused on dreams, instead of submitting yourself before God in repentance of what is causing the backsliding?

I do believe that God provides visions and dreams. However, so can satan deceive us. Seems that by admitting you were backsliding at that time in your life and dreams became a focus instead of getting right with God, based on what you have said, God will not provide anything that will distract you from getting right with Him. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

This is why so many are reluctant to venture into this sub-forum and share. Some are swift to judge, speaking when they ought to listen and proclaiming authority they were never given. 

On 5/13/2021 at 11:08 PM, Paul James said:

But why do you need dreams to guide you when you have the Bible?  God has said it in all in the pages of Scripture, therefore any revelation that comes through a dream is heresy if it doesn't comply with Scripture, or superfluous if it does.

God gives the gift; the Lord sends the dream and the vision, and He gives the prophecy. What does the scripture tell us?

“And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.
And also on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days."

(Joel 2:28-29 NKJV)  

You write of heresy and departing from the scriptures, and yet you know that the words given to the prophet have been fulfilled and continue to unfold even now. So why do you judge one who suffers without discernment? You know nothing about the dream nor the vision, my friend, so how can you possibly judge whether or not these things are of God? You never inquired so you don't know. 

@Figure of eighty has suffered greatly. What she writes reflects the harsh judgment inflicted upon her by those who are swift to speak and hard of hearing, so little wonder she believes those who lack mercy and love. They're quick to claim the chief seat for themselves and pontificate upon the scriptures, the same scriptures which condemn their lack of understanding and merciless judgment.  

To answer the OP: yes, of course you can petition the Lord for understanding. I know it's been quite some time since you posted so I hope I can continue to offer you encouragement. You have been through so much and I continue to speak to the Lord about you, that He will comfort and strengthen you during the trial. I've been there myself so you'll always have a friend in me. :) 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 7/30/2020 at 7:09 AM, Figure of eighty said:

No... Im Saying interpretation for my drsam or the dreams I have. They have nothing 2 do with what I'm doing. Sometimes it's of family members or the future. But I don't always understand it.

There have been dreams which I dared not ask the Lord for understanding because I grasped at their meaning. Months before she passed, I received a dream from the Lord about my adopted mother. In this dream, I witnessed my greatest fears unfold: her land... everything we worked to build on her land... and those things which we rejoiced in together, namely the gardens and the greenhouse, collapse and become overgrown with weeds. While this happened she was standing before me, silent and unmoving. I was weeping when my best friend on this earth disappeared before my eyes. Everything was desolate.

I woke crying out to the Lord, pleading with Him that such a thing would never come to pass. Three months later, after being given a clean bill of health from her doctor, she fell ill. Less than 48 hours later she passed away. It was so sudden.

As for her land? Everything collapsed. Weeds and tall grass cover everything we once rejoiced in. The Lord told me to leave that place a long time ago and so I did. You may already know the meaning of some of these dreams, sister. The problem? We're too afraid to embrace the meaning. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

I read once that dreams are nice but visions are work.  To me, most dreams are a part of our imagination and in many instances are things we hope for and dwell on in our minds.  But there are also many times a dream can turn into a vision and the vision becomes a reality when the work is put into the dream.  Hopes and dreams have gone hand in hand for a long time.  When a person has dreams that they turn into a plan of action, it becomes a vision.  

At one time my dream was to become a wise old woman.  Now at the ripe old age of 60+ I am beginning to see the vision the Lord had prepared for my life.  It's been a lot of work but worth the effort!  

There have also been many times my weird dreams have been caused by pizza.  Those are usually nightmares caused by indigestion therefore no interpretation is needed.  

@Figure of eighty I hope you are finding and hearing the answers from the Lord for and in your life.  May the blessings and peace of the Lord Jesus be upon you!  

There's a difference between our dreams and dreams from the Lord, @debrakay. I'll share another dream the Lord sent 40 years ago. 

In the dream I stood before a mirror, and the man I witnessed in the mirror was unknown to me... and yet he wasn't. He was much older than I was. He looked gaunt and thin to my eyes, like one who has endured great hardship and deprivation.

This man was me. 

I opened my mouth and when I did, the teeth of my mouth started falling into the palm of my hand. I looked upon them in my hand and when I returned my gaze upon that haggard man in the mirror, only a few teeth remained in his mouth. The dream ended and I woke. 

30 years went by, until the time arrived when I became that gaunt man I witnessed in the dream. I stood before a mirror and gazed upon myself... I had lost all but a few of my teeth by that point in time. They had fallen out of my mouth.  

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

I find it interesting that a few who would believe in other gifts such as speaking in tongues do not seem to believe in God sending someone a dream they can use to make a decision?

Most probably already know dreams can come from several sources. A myriad of books have been written about dreams, most of which are New Age and have nothing to do with a God given dream.

Medications and maybe even certain foods could bring on something like a dream. Worry and over concern can cause a person to go into their sleep carrying the worries into a dream state which produces dreams. 

Demonic attack can come in the form of a dream or dreams. Demons often won't show themselves for what they really are in those dreams and instead, will make it seem as if the dream came from you. They disrupt peace using evil imagery and situations or they plant suggestions that don't seem particularly bad on the surface. This kind of dream or dreams most often occurs as the result of a person playing with something evil like a ouija board or dabbling in witchcraft. Most Christians don't have these dreams since we are protected.

God can surely send a person a dream. It might not be intended for everyone. I believe if God sends the dream He will help you to understand it. These kinds of dreams are often revealing something to us we didn't know. 

I don't think God would send a dream to a person who was willfully not intending to get right with God because communication with God comes through our close relationship with Him. Unless that dream is a wake up call to get right.

I have had dreams here and there which I felt were from God.  I don't really see it as a gift at this point but maybe it is. These dreams were messages about things going on in my life at a spiritual level. I don't feel qualified to interpret anyone else's dreams. When I have a dream I know what the Lord was saying to me. Sometimes the meaning of it isn't sudden. Might take awhile to figure it out as in my last dream.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Phi 4:6-7

Be careful for nothing, but in everything through prayer and supplication with Thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasseth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

If these dreams come from God, he is more than able to fully reveal them.  If they come from somewhere else, he is more than able to reveal that, and remove the source.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

This ought to call into question man's conceptions regarding whom is "right" with the Lord and who is not. It should but it doesn't. The scripture themselves testify --- the same scriptures which the unstable twist and use to accuse others in insolence --- that the Lord has mercy upon whomever He wills, forgiving the trespass of thousands. Yet there are some whom He will not forgive which is revealed to be the one without mercy or love. The measure by which an evil generation judges will be returned to them. Lacking mercy they will be shown no mercy themselves. 

As the prophet Isaiah testified, the Lord looks upon this earth and He turns to the one who is broken: the poor in spirit and contrite of heart who tremble at His words. According to the words of the prophecy, this is one whom the Lord deems fitting in His sight. He will come and accept their sacrifice of humility, and so He declares the temple raised without hands as His resting place. The Lord has said His grace is sufficient for these living stones because His power is perfected in weakness.

So those who deem themselves the judge of others, pointing to their weakness as proof that they aren't "right" with the Lord, are neither poor in spirit nor contrite of heart. They don't tremble at the words of the Lord because of the belief they hold them in their hands. Job's friends are an example for us all to heed. What did they do when they encountered Job in his suffering and misery? They accused him of sin. 

I encourage others to come to this sub-forum and share what they've received from the Lord, confident that the unbelief and judgment of others has no bearing upon Truth. The scoffer can't sully the gift of His Holy Spirit with their unbelief. The longsuffering of the Lord means we must suffer, but don't be troubled in your heart. The day comes when God will mock the mockers.   

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1