• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,031
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,386
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

On 7/31/2020 at 3:32 AM, Debp said:

New problem just started.   I was writing a couple of emails from my Gmail account.   Apparently they are not being sent out.   Usually after it is sent, the email will appear in my sent folder.   Now nothing is there.

I was going to try to get rid of the new Gmail account I made the other night, since that is when the little problem of the error message started.   But I don't see how to remove an email account, even though I went to accounts under System.

I do have a Yahoo account.   But the Gmail is connected to my Android tablet.

The Gmail app still doesn't seem to be sending out my email.  So just now I wrote an email using the Gmail website.   I'm hoping the website will work.

Question: I only have a Google Android tablet.    No cell phone.   So should I sync regarding my Gmail accounts?   Could syncing have caused this problem?   Because when I made the new, second Gmail account...it asked me if I wanted to sync, and I said yes.

Before making this second Gmail account, I had no problems with my tablet.

Any help appreciated from you tech members.  @Coliseum

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Debp said:

The Gmail app still doesn't seem to be sending out my email.  So just now I wrote an email using the Gmail website.   I'm hoping the website will work.

Question: I only have a Google Android tablet.    No cell phone.   So should I sync regarding my Gmail accounts?   Could syncing have caused this problem?   Because when I made the new, second Gmail account...it asked me if I wanted to sync, and I said yes.

Before making this second Gmail account, I had no problems with my tablet.

Any help appreciated from you tech members.  @Coliseum

First Debbie, it would be good to know which device you are actually using. 

Find out which manufacturer and carrier can help you

On most phones, you can find your manufacturer and carrier in the Settings app.

Open your device's Settings app.

Tap About phone.

To find manufacturer info, tap Model & hardware.

To find carrier info, tap SIM status and check under "Network."

10 hours ago, Coliseum said:

First Debbie, it would be good to know which device you are actually using. 

Find out which manufacturer and carrier can help you

On most phones, you can find your manufacturer and carrier in the Settings app.

Open your device's Settings app.

Tap About phone.

To find manufacturer info, tap Model & hardware.

To find carrier info, tap SIM status and check under "Network."

Thanks.  I have a RCA Android tablet....Google.

Now the Gmail app seems to be working again....after I used the Gmail website overnight.   Maybe that cleared something?

This is a good tablet....only had a problem when I made the second Gmail address.   Live and learn!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 7/30/2020 at 2:02 AM, Justin Adams said:

Solution 1: Clear the Application’s Cache

Generally speaking, cleaning/clearing browsers and search engines such as Google Chrome, Bing, the new Microsoft Edge, and others of Search History, Junk Files, Cache and Cookies, work well when problematic glitches, slowdowns, lag, and other forms of sluggishness on any internet source or device occurs. This would be most commonly applicable for computers, which is the first "quick-fix" solution. Most ordinary problems are eased by keeping up and doing this for your systems. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

34 minutes ago, Debp said:

Now the Gmail app seems to be working again....after I used the Gmail website overnight.   Maybe that cleared something?

Hi, Debbie.

Hopefully this problem has been eased for you from this morning's frustrations. I've had long term problems and almost a loathing for some of Google's tendencies for defaulting programming. I've got Gmail also as you know and it's not my favorite means of emailing. AT&T was probably the easiest and most user friendly one I've had, but the tech support 'experts' were lacking in being on the same page of necessary skills for consumer needs. I had our in-house technician update my Gmail app. Perhaps you can do a search on updating the app. Mine while having more features than I'll ever utilize is working well enough. It does lag getting through on occasion. Most of the time it's going okay enough to hang on to it. 

God bless,

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Debp said:

This is a good tablet....only had a problem when I made the second Gmail address.   Live and learn!

When I took to the Gmail updated app, I also had to alter from the first address. Problem! Immediate problem! haha! Thank goodness for our in-house technician. God bless this guy he saved me several times! 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Debp said:

I'm hoping the website will work.

I received your Gmail from my Gmail account perfectly on the second attempt. Well done! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/30/2020 at 5:16 AM, Justin Adams said:

What many do not realise is that goolag filters most all mail thru its servers one way or another. That is why I use GMX or MAIL.com. They are German. For secure stuff I use Protonmail.com. (Swiss). Those email companies prevent gulag from sniffing. Also as a search engine for many many years I have used DUCKDUCKGO. They do not snoop either.

Someday we must talk about these terms I'm not familiar with. All this is way over my head! 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Perhaps you can do a search on updating the app.

My tablet does updates on apps regularly.   So I just go to the updates in Google Play every few days.   They have a list of apps on my tablet needing updates.   It's very easy.   I just click update.  :rofl:

• Loved it! 1

6 hours ago, Debp said:

My tablet does updates on apps regularly.   So I just go to the updates in Google Play every few days.   They have a list of apps on my tablet needing updates.   It's very easy.   I just click update.  :rofl:

Ah! That's great to hear, Debbie. I've never gotten into tablets but I've watched a few text like lightening on their smart or iPhones. Some of the kids that work here are truly amazing! Some things on my system by taking the "administrator" choice for further fine tuning are now at my fingertips of knowledge. Clearing and cleaning also. A few things are just a click away as well. What a relief not having to depend on the tech support from India I had previously. They were brilliant however, I must admit. Anyway, being able to copy/paste, download and post pictures from media sources and illustrations, are also something I had no clue how to do a year ago. Thank God I still have the ability to learn in this digital age. Being an analog audio/visual tech, tended to stymie at times, then assisted having the courage to undertake obtaining new skills. It was more than simple necessity. I'd call it pretty vital to keep my head above water.  

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1