• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,774
  • Content Per Day:  5.77
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

I choose to trust God. He is the Way Maker.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,236
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

On 12/31/2020 at 1:55 AM, Chicken coop2 said:

Just so tired of fighting to endure. Been a constant battle since my earliest memory.

Dear brother, know that you are loved by many. You have so much to offer. You have ministered to me on more than on occasion though you may not be aware of that. I pay attention to what you have to say, coop.

It's good for us to remember that our reward is not to be found in this world. In my suffering when I despaired of this struggle that never seems to end, the peace of the Lord came with a comforting word saying, "It's only for a little while." 

I've shared many laughs with you on Worthy and this is soothing to a weary soul. It's good to forget about that battle, even if only for a little while. There will come a day when all of this will be behind us, passed away with the former things. I look forward to that day with you. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,774
  • Content Per Day:  5.77
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

If you need some encouragement, read this thread. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

If you had cancer, would you get it treated? Or just let it take its course?

Me, I hate this life, and I'd rather let it expire, if God would have it happen.

Oh, what a way to live it is now! When I was an atheist, I was scared of everything. Didn't want to die, didn't want cancer. Now, I don't care. :D To live is Christ and to die is gain!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 7/30/2020 at 4:45 PM, Chicken coop2 said:

I still want to go as soon as possible. 

Then you need to be born again and become a new creation in Christ. We need to die to self so we can live for God. I have seen so many people born again and they go from depression to joy in an instant. It is amazing how fast they are transformed. 

• Oy Vey! 2

On 2/1/2021 at 2:21 PM, Don19 said:

If you had cancer, would you get it treated? Or just let it take its course?

I remember a guy hired me once to fix up one of his rental units. When I started to do the work he told me he had cancer and he may die before I finished the job. When I finished the job I asked him about that and he was actually doing better than when I started. As Christians we represent live and health and healing. We should expect people to improve and get better if God is using us the way He wants to. Jesus went preaching, teaching & healing (Matthew 9:35) That is what we are to do. He lived His life as an example for us to follow. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

On 2/1/2021 at 2:33 PM, Chicken coop2 said:

Let it take its course.  I would not be able to afford treatment anyway, but even if everything were free, I would not want treatment.  It's not suicide. 

God just wants us to die to self so we can live for Him and serve Him. The resurrection power of God is at work in us. "God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not". (Romans 4:17)

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

22 minutes ago, Don19 said:

Well, your truth means nothing to me. There is only one truth, and that is God's.

We all may have 'snippets' of information. Why do we have to be critical when presenting our snippet? Surely there is much to be gained from being civil and attempting to harmonise our understandings. Y'all know about the elephant thing.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

We all may have 'snippets' of information. Why do we have to be critical when presenting our snippet? Surely there is much to be gained from being civil and attempting to harmonise our understandings. Y'all know about the elephant thing.

Amen!!.....very wise words...took me a while to reach that point,Bro....I was the most critical person on the planet.

1 hour ago, Don19 said:

ou are speaking evil of the law (James 4:11). I would advise you to repent.

the Bible that talks about how we need to die to self so we can live for God. 

Galatians 2:20-21 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. 

1 Corinthians 15:31 I die daily.

5. Ephesians 4:22-24 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

6. Colossians 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

7. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

We are no longer slaves to sin. We don’t live a continuous lifestyle of sin.

8. 1 Peter 2:24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.

9. Romans 6:1-6 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin.

10. Romans 6:8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.

11. Romans 13:14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.

16. Luke 9:24-25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?

• Praise God! 1