Afraid im not God's

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

I worry that maybe im not truly saved. Its been 10 yrs and i still dont hear his voice, never been led. Ive experienced God but i worry im not truly his sheep. Like a counterfeit or something. 

Im still with my bf.. 

Idk. I just dont know what to do to get back in Gods good grace.  I also feel He doesnt like me much so its hard me to get close to God.

Edited by Figure of eighty

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

45 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I worry that maybe im not truly saved. Its been 10 yrs and i still dont hear his voice, never been led. Ive experienced God but i worry im not truly his sheep. Like a counterfeit or something. 

Im still with my bf.. 

Idk. I just dont know what to do to get back in Gods good grace.  I also feel He doesnt like me much so its hard me to get close to God.

If you are doing things you know you should not, the Spirit may be convicting you to stop. If the Spirit is convicting you, then it means He is inside you. If you are disobeying the Holy Spirit, and you are consistently aware that you are, you can quench the Spirit. I am not sure what you mean,
"Im still with my bf.. "? If you mean living with him and doing things you know you should not, it might be time to take a survey of your actions and whether it is really the desire of your heart to listen to Jesus. People act on what they believe. What do you believe? God said He wants our "heart, soul, mind, and strength."

When a man realizes the cost that Jesus paid to save us, he does not want to follow him out of compulsion, but out of desire. You are not alone. All men sin and fall short of the glory of God. At the same time, while we must have faith that God is who He claims to be, "faith without deeds is dead." We must act on our faith for it to be genuine. Blessings to you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,404
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  99

Of course you hear the Lord's voice, @Figure of eighty. Does it matter how you're hearing Him? Hearing the Lord through the hearts of your brothers and sisters is a blessing which can't be adequately described.  I'll do my best to sum it up as simply as possible: the Lord loves you enough to send men and women your way bearing His words for you.

I ran in terror from the Lord's calling, sister. I was a young man when God called to me out of the blue, someone who never once dedicated a thought to the Son of living God. I felt stupid... profane... insignificant... frightened, and ashamed because I wasn't worthy of His election. Why would Almighty God choose ME??? That was what I felt and so I ran from Christ. I was a rotten sinner living in sin! Hence I understand your predicament well. I did my best to forget about the Lord but He never forgot me...

At certain times in different places the Lord would send servants bearing His words for me, sister. "The Lord loves you more than you can possibly know," one said to me. "I really don't understand why I'm supposed to tell you this, but God loves you very much!" Oh yes, this sent me reeling every time. 

These aren't hollow platitudes, Figure of eighty. The Lord loves you so much He speaks to you through others just like He did with me many years ago when I ran away from Him. Don't be discouraged by your feelings because God isn't found in our emotions, dear one.  

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Was just curious about what the name "Figure of eighty" means? 

Edited by CaptWalker
N/A

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Im still with my bf.. 

You do know what to do to get into a close relationship with God. Stop sinning with your boyfriend. Face the sin honestly. You cannot wilfully continue to sin, and also have a clean heart before God.

The sin is driving the distance between you and God.

Why are you still with your boyfriend?

I remember you saying your boyfriend is not a Christian. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Years ago I thought the same issue, my faith was very shallow. I personally came to the realization that there was a sin in my life but I was a willing participant in. I am not saying that this is your issue, I don’t know you, but slowly over time I slowly eased out of that sin. 
 There’s a really good book that addressed the issue I was having. It is called the "Pursuit of Holiness" by Jerry Bridges. This book help me understand the difference between our step 1) which is forgiveness of sins and step 2) our obedience to God. Forgiveness of our sins allows us to be justified. But our obedience to God, true repentance, that leads to His blessings and joy in my life. It was the second part that I was missing.

So I thought I was doing all the “right things“ at church but had a shallow faith. 
 Again I don’t want to be presumptuous and assume that my issue is your issue. I’m just relaying my experience and the effect it had on my life.

I will pray for you today and that the spirit of God comes over you and gives you wisdom to take whatever steps you need to take to feel like you are in Him and He and you.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Coliseum said:

If you are doing things you know you should not, the Spirit may be convicting you to stop. If the Spirit is convicting you, then it means He is inside you. If you are disobeying the Holy Spirit, and you are consistently aware that you are, you can quench the Spirit. I am not sure what you mean,
"Im still with my bf.. "? If you mean living with him and doing things you know you should not, it might be time to take a survey of your actions and whether it is really the desire of your heart to listen to Jesus. People act on what they believe. What do you believe? God said He wants our "heart, soul, mind, and strength."

When a man realizes the cost that Jesus paid to save us, he does not want to follow him out of compulsion, but out of desire. You are not alone. All men sin and fall short of the glory of God. At the same time, while we must have faith that God is who He claims to be, "faith without deeds is dead." We must act on our faith for it to be genuine. Blessings to you.

No. I dont live with him. I do desire God--i just feel alone ..my bf helps me feel sane and I kinda dont want to lose that comfort.

1 hour ago, leah777 said:

You do know what to do to get into a close relationship with God. Stop sinning with your boyfriend. Face the sin honestly. You cannot wilfully continue to sin, and also have a clean heart before God.

The sin is driving the distance between you and God.

Why are you still with your boyfriend?

I remember you saying your boyfriend is not a Christian. 

Youre right. I need to stop. Probably get rid of him altogether but i do love him though. Also , he' s not an atheist but he just doesn't follow God. 

I would pray for God to remove him but... I feel the Lord wants me to break it off.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

No. I dont live with him. I do desire God--i just feel alone ..my bf helps me feel sane and I kinda dont want to lose that comfort.

are you still having a sexual relationship with your boyfriend?

Just now, leah777 said:

are you still having a sexual relationship with your boyfriend?

I need to stop. We haven t done anything in a while though.

• Praying! 1