Glory To God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

There are so many definitions and ideas that can be said and I would like to put a very firm criteria in place. 

In my opinion,if a person does not love God and does not love gods children,they are not a christian. This is the litmus test and I think all the scripture points to this. Jesus said this in the upper room at the last supper: 

John 15:9-12

“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.''

Some points to be noted are Judas had been dismissed from the room before this point when this statement was made,only Christians were present. Jesus has a special kind of love for those he pulled out of the world and so we should follow his example,as instructed.  

If any person does not follow in words and actions these instructions from Christ I personal would not accept any profession to the faith,I would have to conclude the lack of love for God and his people expose the true nature of the individual. This is not a new Commandment,Gods people have always been commanded to love one another,it is old testament

Lev 19:17-18

“You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord''

How many people are claiming to be a Christian and come short on these essential requirements? As the end time begin to close in,the light in you Christian will grow brighter and the darkness will become dimmer. Remember to love your Brothers and sisters and of course the holy God of all things. 

Praise the lord. 

Edited by Glory To God
typo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

Well one lead test of that love of other Christians can be seen in the willingness of Christians to join regularly as members of their local church.

It is a fallicy to say I love Christians yet not meet with them regularly Sunday by Sunday.

Just as it is a fallicy to say I love Or/Jesus yet fail to obey there commands.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,222
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

29 minutes ago, Who me said:

Well one lead test of that love of other Christians can be seen in the willingness of Christians to join regularly as members of their local church.

It is a fallicy to say I love Christians yet not meet with them regularly Sunday by Sunday.

Your fallacy needs to be examined in the light of current events.

In truth, the government does not allow assembly of congregations in excess of 50 people - despite allowing bars and clubs to admit 50% of their certified capacity.  Even Nazi Germany issued no such restriction.

In America today, love among the brethren exists only as the law of our authoritarian government allows.

When gloryToGod wrote, "if a person does not love God and does not love gods children,they are not a christian."  He was quoting a false doctrine and an aberrant philosophy.

The Bible is VERY CLEAR as to who is Justified before God and who is NOT.   Those who are justified are made holy by repenting of their SIN and by accepting the blood of Christ (life of Christ) in their lives.

In Hebrews 10 the disciples of Christ are admonished to not forsake the assembling of themselves together.  This is a measure of one's devotion NOT a benchmark for justification.

Roman Catholic doctrine, like many false religions, is based upon works and membership rather than the grace of God.  For Catholics, as well as card carrying congregations of the post-protestant church MEMBERSHIP is what saves, not faith in Christ.

The measure of a Christian, therefore, is faith in Christ - not a membership card in the 1st Church of Me-First (government regulated humanistic religion).

Jesus saves - not government regulated religious clubs and certainly not some philosophical version of progressive religion.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

A Christian is one who has passed from death to Life and that Life is Christ.

Gal. 2:20 I have been tcrucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives uin me. 

The Father placed one into Christ and that one died 'In Christ', rose 'In Christ' and Ascended 'In Christ'.

So that now: Col. 3:3 For fyou have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

A Christian is one that has been washed in the Blood and the Righteousness of Christ has been imputed to him/her by the Father.

2Cor. 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

1Cor. 1:30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—

All of this is because the Father willed it and placed us 'In Christ'--by faith through Grace.

Eph 2.8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

51 minutes ago, Who me said:

Since you imply a person is not sincere in their affection towards God and other believers, unless they go to church I want to ask you a question and these are the only two answer. 

Is it better to:

1)Go to a church where the church have abandoned the word of God and teach apostate Christianity. 

2) Don't go to a corrupt church. 

Which one? 

18 hours ago, choir loft said:

Your fallacy needs to be examined in the light of current events.

In truth, the government does not allow assembly of congregations in excess of 50 people - despite allowing bars and clubs to admit 50% of their certified capacity.  Even Nazi Germany issued no such restriction.

In America today, love among the brethren exists only as the law of our authoritarian government allows.

When gloryToGod wrote, "if a person does not love God and does not love gods children,they are not a christian."  He was quoting a false doctrine and an aberrant philosophy.

The Bible is VERY CLEAR as to who is Justified before God and who is NOT.   Those who are justified are made holy by repenting of their SIN and by accepting the blood of Christ (life of Christ) in their lives.

In Hebrews 10 the disciples of Christ are admonished to not forsake the assembling of themselves together.  This is a measure of one's devotion NOT a benchmark for justification.

Roman Catholic doctrine, like many false religions, is based upon works and membership rather than the grace of God.  For Catholics, as well as card carrying congregations of the post-protestant church MEMBERSHIP is what saves, not faith in Christ.

The measure of a Christian, therefore, is faith in Christ - not a membership card in the 1st Church of Me-First (government regulated humanistic religion).

Jesus saves - not government regulated religious clubs and certainly not some philosophical version of progressive religion.

I don't think you read my post properly. 

I never said that was doctrine,I said that was my opinion. So why you getting formal? And it doesn't even matter because different denominations take different view to soteriology. 

I agree doctrinely that a person needs to repent of their and be made right by the blood of Christ but here's the point-how do we know who those people are? Of course there is personal testimony but that is exactly the point of thread,is there evidence or a litmus to show who is a christian. I think there is and I stated it in the OP. This is the practicality of the faith not the technicality. Hope this helps and I repeat what I said at the beginning this is my opinion. 

As a matter of opinion,do you think a person professing to be a christian can not love god or not love Christians? 

Edited by Glory To God
Typo

19 hours ago, choir loft said:

Jesus saves - not government regulated religious clubs and certainly not some philosophical version of progressive religion

Yes it is the God given grace and faith that aves us, but that salvation is shown in our lives by how we love Jesus and in how we love others.

Paul placed a high premium on love of other Christians, on our encouraging others as well as being encouraged.

Strangley he believed that the best way we could do this is by meeting together in groups he called churches.

Yes there restriction on meeting together, we all hope that the virus that necessitates the current isolation will abate so a more normal life can resume.

19 hours ago, Glory To God said:

Since you imply a person is not sincere in their affection towards God and other believers, unless they go to church I want to ask you a question and these are the only two answer. 

Is it better to:

1)Go to a church where the church have abandoned the word of God and teach apostate Christianity. 

2) Don't go to a corrupt church. 

Which one? 

If the only church in a reasonable drive taught false doctrine and there was no other church I would seek to worship at that church and to talk to the minister afterwards, or to those in attendance.

Sadly when on holiday this has been the only chose available and if nothing else has served to show what a church is not.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,222
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

37 minutes ago, Who me said:

Yes it is the God given grace and faith that aves us, but that salvation is shown in our lives by how we love Jesus and in how we love others.

Paul placed a high premium on love of other Christians, on our encouraging others as well as being encouraged.

Strangley he believed that the best way we could do this is by meeting together in groups he called churches.

Yes there restriction on meeting together, we all hope that the virus that necessitates the current isolation will abate so a more normal life can resume.

You seem to be placing an inordinate amount of importance on going to church meetings.

That is all well and good, but in a society ruled by an authoritarian government that does not allow such activity you are going to have to come up with some other life boat to hold onto.

Attending a meeting is a sign of salvation, not the source of it.   It can be interpreted as works rather than salvation by grace.    

Grace saves a person in a society that forbids the public expression of religion - like America today.    If it were possible for the government to rule salvation in Christ illegal, they'd begin by forbidding church attendance.

think about it.

It's not about COVID.   If it were, the law would be equally applied to bars, restaurants, Walmart and churches.  In fact, it is NOT.   

think about it.

Edited by choir loft

32 minutes ago, Who me said:

If the only church in a reasonable drive taught false doctrine and there was no other church I would seek to worship at that church and to talk to the minister afterwards, or to those in attendance.

Sadly when on holiday this has been the only chose available and if nothing else has served to show what a church is not.

Well thanks for your opinion and I will add mine. 

Whole nations are under spitual darkness without the choice to assemble in a biblical sound church. Europe is a prime example of this. There are ten of thousands of protestant churches but nearly all have stripped out the holy things of god and are accepting sin. I would say it is much better to not go to churches of that position. If one lives in a country that has this as the standard...... Well we know what that means about assembling. 

What type of people do expect to find in a "church" that accepts homesexulity,casual drug and alcohol use,fornication,b*stard children or the family unit being unimportant,feminism etc? I tell you who the people are in the places, the lost. I want to meet Christians, you won't find them in these apostate churches.