• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I've always believed that the so-called Bible codes are a load of codswallop.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

codswallop,,, now that's a new one for me, I like it when new words come up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a Britticism *grin*

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a Britticism *grin*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I checked in the dictionary. It's the British way of saying: "nonsense". I'm going to use it at work and check people's face. I like the sound of it. :noidea:

I hope they won't think I'm insulting them! :noidea::noidea:

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Some years ago, on a Christian radio station, there was a commercial regarding the so-called Bible code. The end of the commercial ran something like this:

1st guy: ... so if you take every 5th letter of John 3:16, you get the word finglehertz! Which is Swedish! For cold spaghetti!! That means something!!!!!

2nd guy: Will you just read the plain verse?

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Although it's possible that God could have hidden random patterned messages in His word, I think the whole code thing got out of hand.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."

God wants us to understand His Word. Why would he hide information? Some people say it's information that is "proof" of His Omniscience. He proved this through demonstration and didn't need to wait 2000 years to evidence His Omniscience!

This verse also tells us that the Word can also be taken at face value. (As do other scriptures which I can provide if anyone wants them.) Growing in our walk with God requires time spent in fellowship with Him, being in the Word, applying what we read, and obedience. There isn't anything that says we need to search for hidden codes. Jesus and the disciples are often referencing other scriptures. Not once do they mention, or look for, hidden codes.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/10/1978

Although it's possible that God could have hidden random patterned messages in His word, I think the whole code thing got out of hand.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i don't think is possable at all!!!

God doesn't hide truths He reveals them!!!

I believe the so called "Bible Code" it a plot to take peoples eyes off the true message of the Bible and that is Salvation through Jesus Christ!!!

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  762
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/10/1982

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK OK....here's a new one.."hogwash"---My dad used that term a lot! ! ! ! !

There's a new idea for a thread---unusual terms--and their meanings.!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe the so called "Bible Code" it a plot to take peoples eyes off the true message of the Bible and that is Salvation through Jesus Christ!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe I didn't state what I meant clearly enough. What I meant to say is that while it's possible that God could have, I don't think it's likely. As I said in the rest of my post, God wants us to understand His Word so why would He hide truths in it?

The reason I have to acknowledge the possibility is because there appear to be some Bible code results which seem to reveal specific information. Because of this, I can't rule out the possibility that God could have done this.

There is not sufficient evidence to rule out the possibility, but there is not sufficient evidence or reason to believe that God would do this. To clarify, I am much more inclined to believe that there is nothing to it, but must admit to a remote possibility that there could be something to it. :)

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/10/1978

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe I didn't state what I meant clearly enough. What I meant to say is that while it's possible that God could have, I don't think it's likely. As I said in the rest of my post, God wants us to understand His Word so why would He hide truths in it?

The reason I have to acknowledge the possibility is because there appear to be some Bible code results which seem to reveal specific information. Because of this, I can't rule out the possibility that God could have done this.

There is not sufficient evidence to rule out the possibility, but there is not sufficient evidence or reason to believe that God would do this. To clarify, I am much more inclined to believe that there is nothing to it, but must admit to a remote possibility that there could be something to it. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True!!!

I didn't mean to indicate that you believed that God would hide His truths within this so called "Code" for the remainder of your post clearly states your possition on this topic...

I was however, merely using your opening statement to oppose the idea that God would hide such truths...

but as you stated:

There is not sufficient evidence to rule out the possibility, but there is not sufficient evidence or reason to believe that God would do this.

Thanks Mikeyjay. I know you weren't trying to infer that I believed God hid His truths. I saw your post as my not making my point clearly enough. I'm always on the look out for times when I do that. It can cause confusion and I like to avoid it! :thumbsup: