IGNORED

Does God love some people less than others?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

My life has always been extraordinarily, suicidally difficult. A close friend of mine has the opposite life. Why? Does God love some people more than He loves others? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

23 minutes ago, WowLookaDuck said:

Does God love some people more than He loves others? 

It depends. Are you in the world? Shalom.

John 3:[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

But .......

Psalm 11:[5] The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,015
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

22 minutes ago, WowLookaDuck said:

My life has always been extraordinarily, suicidally difficult. A close friend of mine has the opposite life. Why? Does God love some people more than He loves others? 

Hi there,

You might want to check out the lives of the Paul and the Apostles, plus all the various martyrs that have died for their faith in Christ, and all those who have been persecuted and suffered through the ages before you draw the wrong conclusion about God's love.

Acts 10:34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism, 35but welcomes those from every nation who fear Him and do what is right.…Berean Study Bible ·

I'm not saying you are doing this, but it's not a good idea to blame God for misfortunes or accuse Him of any unfairness or injustice. Job suffered tremendously but rather than curse God his response was as follows:

Job 13:15 Though He slay me, I will hope in Him. I will still defend my ways to His face. 16Moreover, this will be my salvation, for no godless man can appear before Him.…Berean Study Bible 

From GotQuestions.org

Question: "Does God promise to not give us more than we can handle?"

Answer: 
First Corinthians 10:13 says, “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” This Scripture teaches us a wonderful principle. If we belong to Him, God will not allow any difficulty to come into our lives that we are not capable of bearing in the power of Christ. With every temptation and every testing that comes our way, God will remain faithful to us; He will provide a way to endure the test. We do not have to give in to sin. We can obey God in every circumstance.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1955

1Co 10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

(Php 4:4)  Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

(2Co 4:8)  We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
(2Co 4:9)  Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
(2Co 4:10)  Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

(Php 4:7)  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

May these Words bring you peace friend, as they have me.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

On 8/4/2020 at 4:09 AM, WowLookaDuck said:

An easy life can be a sign of someone who is not close to God.

Acts 14:21,22 (KJV)

21 And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch,
22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

2 Cor. 11:23-30 (KJV)

23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?
30 If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.

And now some encouragement.

Ps. 46:1-7 (WEB)

For the Chief Musician. By the sons of Korah. According to Alamoth.

1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble
2 Therefore we won’t be afraid, though the earth changes, though the mountains are shaken into the heart of the seas; 
3 though its waters roar and are troubled, though the mountains tremble with their swelling. Selah. 
4 There is a river, the streams of which make the city of God glad, the holy place of the tents of the Most High. 
5 God is in her midst. She shall not be moved. God will help her at dawn. 
6 The nations raged. The kingdoms were moved. He lifted his voice, and the earth melted. 
7 Yahweh of Armies is with us. The God of Jacob is our refuge.

Is. 43:1,2 (KJV)

1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Edited by David1701
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

9 hours ago, WowLookaDuck said:

The Spirit drove Yeshua into the wilderness to be harassed. Later He was driven to the Cross to be mutilated and crucified. I doubt God loves anyone more than Yeshua. Yes this is what we are told. Consider it deeply.

• This is Worthy 3

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

10 hours ago, WowLookaDuck said:

Does God love some people more than He loves others?

Answer: No. 

Romans 2:9-11 KJV 9Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; 10But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: 11For there is no respect of persons with God. 

Acts 10:34 KJV 34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

What do these scriptures mean and how to they interpret? 

Answer: God does NOT show favoritism for one person over another.

Why? 

Answer: Matthew 5:45 KJV 45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust.

What does this scripture mean? 

Answer: To quote a line to the film, Forrest Gump, "It happens."

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, WowLookaDuck said:

The reasons for suffering are many and varied; but do not assume that suffering means a lack of love from God.  God works all things together for good, to those who love him, those who are the called, according to his purpose.

Regarding whether or not God loves some people more than others: yes he does.

Deut. 7:6-8 (KJV)

6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

Mal. 1:2, 3 (KJV)

2 I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,
3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Rom. 9:10-21 (KJV)

10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12  It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21  Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

14 hours ago, WowLookaDuck said:

Are you a true believer in Jesus Christ? Perhaps you need to reconfirm your commitment to Christ. A Christian's life is not perfect but they have Christ to give them strength.  God loves everyone the same. God has no favorites. 

Edited by missmuffet

14 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Are you a true believer in Jesus Christ? Perhaps you need to reconfirm your commitment to Christ. A Christian's life is not perfect but they have Christ to give them strength.  God loves everyone the same. God has no favorites. 

The Bible says that God does have favourites; but based on his grace, not on anything good in them.

Deut. 7:6-8 (KJV)

6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

Mal. 1:2, 3 (KJV)

2 I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,
3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Rom. 9:10-21 (KJV)

10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12  It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21  Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Edited by David1701
  • Thumbs Up 1