• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

On 8/12/2020 at 4:46 PM, JTC said:

Why do some of you have a problem with Jesus Christ, this is a Christian web site. If you deny Jesus you shouldn't even be posting here.

This is totally uncalled for. Are we not to be witnesses and lights in the world. Who are you to say another individual should not be here at worthy.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Logostician said:

If you help to bring a single person into a relationship with Jesus, you have done something great.  But you still need to remember that it wasn't really you, but Christ in you. This is the production of fruit that Jesus is looking for.

default_thumbsup.gif.aab7e3a4066fa9072417deb78abc1277.gif

I agree wholeheartedly. Sure, we can save no one. However, God says of those who do share the gospel;

"As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

We do not have to be a pastor or evangelist to have a burden for the lost.
A bottle of cold water in Jesus's name to the delivery man, is a seed that may blossom some day.
That blossom that matured may than scatter thousands of seed. Think on that.

Evangelism Statistics;

Ninety-five percent of all Christians have never won a soul to Christ.
Eighty percent of all Christians do not consistently witness for Christ.
Less than two percent are involved in the ministry of evangelism.
Seventy-one percent do not give toward the financing of the great Commission.
Bible.org

"Those who sow in tears Shall reap in joy.
He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed,
shall doubtless come again with rejoicing,
bringing his sheaves with him"

Some will have no sheaves to bring.....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

UNLIMITED -- FOCUS -- MANY  BOOKS -- WHAT  WE  ASK ???

PROVERBS 18:21  death and life are in --THE  POWER  OF  THE  TONGUE-- and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof

PHILIPPIANS 4:13  I can do all things through  CHRIST  -- WHICH  STRENGTHENETH  ME---

PSALM 37:4  delight thyself also in  THE  LORD  and  HE  shall give thee the desires of your heart 

PSALM 140:8  GRANT  NOT  O LORD  THE  DESIRES  OF  THE  WICKED  FURTHER  NOT  HIS  WICKED  DEVICE  LEST  THEY  EXALT  THEMSELVES -- SELAH

PHILIPPIANS 3:3  for we are the circumcision which worship  GOD  in the spirit and rejoice in  CHRIST  JESUS  --AND  HAVE  NO  CONFIDENCE  IN  THE  FLESH--

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth --THE  FLESH  PROFITETH  NOTHING-- the words that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life 

JAMES 4:1  from whence come wars and fightings among you come they not hence even of your lusts that war in your members --4:2-- you lust and have not you kill and --DESIRE  TO  HAVE-- and cannot obtain you fight and war yet you have not because ---YOU  ASK  NOT--- 

--4:3-- YOU  ASK  AND  RECEIVE  NOT  BECAUSE  YOU  ASK  AMISS  THAT  YOU  MAY  CONSUME  IT  UPON  YOUR  LUSTS 

--4:4-- you adulterers and adulteresses know you not that the friendship of the world is --ENMITY  WITH  GOD-- WHOSOEVER  THEREFORE  WILL  BE  A  FRIEND  OF  THE  WORLD  IS  THE  ENEMY  OF  GOD --

1 JOHN 5:14  AND  THIS  IS  THE  CONFIDENCE  THAT  WE  HAVE  THAT  IF  WE  ASK  ANYTHING --ACCORDING  TO  HIS  WILL-- HE  HEARETH US   --5:15-- AND  IF  WE  KNOW  THAT  HE  HEAR  US  WHATSOEVER  WE  ASK  WE  KNOW  THAT  WE  HAVE  THE  PETITIONS  THAT  WE  DESIRED  OF  HIM

PROVERBS 28:9  HE  THAT  TURNETH  AWAY  HIS  EAR  FROM  HEARING  THE  LAW  EVEN  HIS  PRAYER  SHALL  BE  ABOMINATION

1 CORINTHIANS 12:31 but covet earnestly the best gifts and yet I show unto you a more excellent way 

1 CORINTHIANS 14:12  even so you forasmuch as you are zealous of spiritual gifts seek that you may excel to the edifying of the church

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 8/14/2020 at 10:10 AM, Peterlag said:
On 8/13/2020 at 1:39 PM, Wesley L said:

Hi, I should have been more clear.

For example:

God can speak things into existence. We can't, agreed?
God can heal people at His will. We can't at our will, agreed?

No we do not agree. If I say my shoe size is 10. I should not have to say it's not 9, 7, or 4. I did not write anything about God speaking things into existence.

Hi @Peterlag,

I had given some examples of "power" that some people may believe they have when being a born again christian.
Well, your topic was "We have the power within us of unlimited potential". So, I guessed wrong this power which you are talking about.
What power are you talking about then? Can you be more specific?  (What is this shoe size 10 that you are talking about?)

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

2 hours ago, Wesley L said:

Hi @Peterlag,

I had given some examples of "power" that some people may believe they have when being a born again christian.
Well, your topic was "We have the power within us of unlimited potential". So, I guessed wrong this power which you are talking about.
What power are you talking about then? Can you be more specific?  (What is this shoe size 10 that you are talking about?)

1 Corinthians 2:5
That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power (dunamis) of God.

1 Corinthians 4:20
For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
(dunamis)

Ephesians 1:19
And what is the exceeding greatness of his power (dunamis) to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, (kratos) [The Greek word "kratos" means the force of superior strength.]

Ephesians 3:16
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might (dunamis) by his spirit in the inner man;

Ephesians 3:20
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power (dunamis) that worketh in us,

Ephesians 6:10
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power (kratos) of his might.

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, (dunamis) according to his glorious power, (kratos)

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, (dunamis) and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 3:5
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power (dunamis) thereof: from such turn away.

8 hours ago, Peterlag said:

1 Corinthians 2:5
That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power (dunamis) of God.

1 Corinthians 4:20
For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
(dunamis)

Ephesians 1:19
And what is the exceeding greatness of his power (dunamis) to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, (kratos) [The Greek word "kratos" means the force of superior strength.]

Ephesians 3:16
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might (dunamis) by his spirit in the inner man;

Ephesians 3:20
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power (dunamis) that worketh in us,

Ephesians 6:10
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power (kratos) of his might.

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, (dunamis) according to his glorious power, (kratos)

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, (dunamis) and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 3:5
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power (dunamis) thereof: from such turn away.

Hi @Peterlag

I am not here to criticize, but truly here for discernment and to care.
Thanks for the bible verses, but each one can interpret it differently. I was really interested in your own interpretation of it. If I have to pull the answer out of these bible verses, I may come up with another shoesize 8,6 or 4. 

What specific powers do you believe are within a believer with unlimited potential?

10 hours ago, Wesley L said:

Hi @Peterlag

I am not here to criticize, but truly here for discernment and to care.
Thanks for the bible verses, but each one can interpret it differently. I was really interested in your own interpretation of it. If I have to pull the answer out of these bible verses, I may come up with another shoesize 8,6 or 4. 

What specific powers do you believe are within a believer with unlimited potential?

We are not on the same page. I don't write about powers. I write about power. You added an "s"

On 8/12/2020 at 7:00 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I have reported your reply to the moderators and will let them deal with you.

May I ask what gets reported? Free speech?

On 8/13/2020 at 7:39 AM, Wesley L said:

Hi, I should have been more clear.

For example:

God can speak things into existence. We can't, agreed?
God can heal people at His will. We can't at our will, agreed?

We are not on the same page. I write about walking in the spirit. It appears to me based on your response that your thinking concerning what I write is not about walking in the spirit.

55 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

We are not on the same page. I write about walking in the spirit. It appears to me based on your response that your thinking concerning what I write is not about walking in the spirit.

Hi @Peterlag

My bad. I may have misunderstood your topic title.
And I may have misunderstood what you tried to communicate through your post.
"We have the power within us of unlimited potential"

We have the Holy Spirit within us. The Holy Spirit has the power of unlimited potential. All glory to God!

Edited by Wesley L
  • Thumbs Up 1