• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, LadyKay said:

For me it is about protecting others. 

I think this is a very very good point!

If this virus just affected oneself and nobody else.. then perhaps some folk might decide if they wanted to take risk with their own health / life.

But this virus does not just possibly harm oneself.  It can also harm or kill the people one comes into contact with even days after one gets infected..and even if one is possibly not showing any symptoms yet....  It can also kill the people those people come into contact with.. and the people those people come into contact with... and the people those people come into contact with etc etc.

An example.   Some months ago.. when my country was still in early stages of this pandemic.. there was a young lady in her twenties in my country who died as a result of this virus... If I recall correctly..when traced back it was found that she was possibly a 'fifth generation'  in that particular cluster where the virus had spread during a Christian multi day meeting or seminar or something.  

She had not attended that meeting /seminar /etc.  But she was fifth generation infected.  Meaning that someone who attended that event and likely got infected there.. then spread it to someone else... who then spread it to someone else.. who then spread it to someone else etc.

She was five times removed from the initial case.. ie she was a 'fifth generation' infection.  But she still caught the virus.  And died.

This virus IS dangerous.  

And it can kill people long after the initial infection case.  Because it can spread from person to person to person to person.. etc.

It is one thing to take a risk for oneself.  But does one have the right to simply risk the lives of others even those one perhaps has never even met?  

I think that being cautious and careful can sometimes also be considered as loving one's neighbour..?

And that is something Christians should do?

Just some personal thoughts.  Thanks.

Edited by just_abc

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, just_abc said:

I think this is a very very good point!

If this virus just affected oneself and nobody else.. then perhaps some folk might decide if they wanted to take risk with their own health / life.

But this virus does not just possibly harm oneself.  It can also harm or kill the people one comes into contact with even days after one gets infected..and even if one is possibly not showing any symptoms yet....  It can also kill the people those people come into contact with.. and the people those people come into contact with... and the people those people come into contact with etc etc.

An example.   Some months ago.. when my country was still in early stages of this pandemic.. there was a young lady in her twenties in my country who died as a result of this virus... If I recall correctly..when traced back it was found that she was possibly a 'fifth generation'  in that particular cluster where the virus had spread during a Christian multi day meeting or seminar or something.  

She had not attended that meeting /seminar /etc.  But she was fifth generation infected.  Meaning that someone who attended that event and likely got infected there.. then spread it to someone else... who then spread it to someone else.. who then spread it to someone else etc.

She was five times removed from the initial case.. ie she was a 'fifth generation' infection.  But she still caught the virus.  And died.

This virus IS dangerous.  

And it can kill people long after the initial infection case.  Because it can spread from person to person to person to person.. etc.

It is one thing to take a risk for oneself.  But does one have the right to simply risk the lives of others even those one perhaps has never even met?  

I think that being cautious and careful can sometimes also be considered as loving one's neighbor..?

And that is something Christians should do?

Just some personal thoughts.  Thanks.

Im staying home and obey the authorities over us as disconcerting that is some times, it can be a loving of our neighbor.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Now see,

I stopped going to church...

I'm not sure that I belong in there...I liked the singing the best...sermons are ok...

But see....

It's almost like assigned pew spots. But without directions.

And as I finally found where mine was I kept it warm...and I noticed this girl in front of me wearing one of those lightweight pretty dresses. 

Now between all the standing up and sitting down that little girl in front of me got a wedgie...so I thought that I'd help her out by reaching forward and tugging on the bottom of the hem....

Well she didn't appreciate it and hauled off and slapped me. 

Then a few weeks later I bring one of the guys from work with me telling him how great it was. 

Sure enough that same girl is in front of me wearing another one of those pretty lightweight dresses. Sure enough it got all wedgies. My buddy thought the same as I had a few weeks earlier and pulled it out for her..,.

But I knew that was going to totally upset her so I tried to put it back....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/20/1990

5 hours ago, JohnDB said:

Now see,

I stopped going to church...

I'm not sure that I belong in there...I liked the singing the best...sermons are ok...

But see....

It's almost like assigned pew spots. But without directions.

And as I finally found where mine was I kept it warm...and I noticed this girl in front of me wearing one of those lightweight pretty dresses. 

Now between all the standing up and sitting down that little girl in front of me got a wedgie...so I thought that I'd help her out by reaching forward and tugging on the bottom of the hem....

Well she didn't appreciate it and hauled off and slapped me. 

Then a few weeks later I bring one of the guys from work with me telling him how great it was. 

Sure enough that same girl is in front of me wearing another one of those pretty lightweight dresses. Sure enough it got all wedgies. My buddy thought the same as I had a few weeks earlier and pulled it out for her..,.

But I knew that was going to totally upset her so I tried to put it back....

First of all I thought that you were ordered by your wife (Mama) to not give out any wedgies or is this the reason why? XD Second of all I don't mean to laugh at you for getting slapped because I really hope that you were alright, but couldn't you just explain what you were doing?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

1 hour ago, HeIsRisen2018 said:

First of all I thought that you were ordered by your wife (Mama) to not give out any wedgies or is this the reason why? XD Second of all I don't mean to laugh at you for getting slapped because I really hope that you were alright, but couldn't you just explain what you were doing?

It's a tall tale sweetheart...

Just a funny story to tell. 

I miss my Sunday School class something fierce. I'm hoping that the cure (antiviral I mentioned before) is through testing and is mass produced soon so I can do Christmas.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/20/1990

18 minutes ago, JohnDB said:

It's a tall tale sweetheart...

Just a funny story to tell. 

I miss my Sunday School class something fierce. I'm hoping that the cure (antiviral I mentioned before) is through testing and is mass produced soon so I can do Christmas.

Ohh,.. so it isn't real? My bad but yeah I can't really go to church due to the pandemic but like I said multiple times before; God is everywhere and church is just a building.