Logostician

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Portland has been wracked by riots for weeks.  Democrat mayor Ted Wheeler has done nothing to halt the chaos.  He has even blamed Trump for bringing in federal agents to protect federal property as if any attempt to restore order was the wrong thing to do.  He seems to be in a competition with Seattle and other cities to see who can destroy the most lives of their residents.

Here is a revealing quote from Mayor Wheeler:

"When you commit arson with an accelerant to burn down a building that is occupied by people who you have intentionally trapped inside, you are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder."

This may sound good to some people initially, but there is a serious problem here.  Wheeler, is supposed to be in a position of authority with primary responsibility for the safety and well being of the people under his jurisdiction.  Since he has done nothing to stop these rioting criminals, he is actually an accomplice to the crimes they are committing, including arson, murder, assault, vandalism, etc.  Our legal system is completely upside down now, so he will not be held to account in this world.  But God is not mocked, he knows Mayor Wheeler and many others are causing tremendous suffering of the very people they are authorized and responsible to protect.

Mat 25:41-46

Then shall he say also to them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.  For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat; I was thirsty, and ye have no drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me not in; naked and ye clothed me not; sick and in prison, and ye visited me not.  Then shall they also answer him, saying Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?  Then he shall answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.  And these shall go away into everlasting punishment; but the righteous into life eternal.

The citizens of Portland, Seattle, DC, Chicago, etc. deserve protection and security from those in authority.  They are sworn to provide it.  But they are denying this responsibility.

Wheeler's very next statement, which immediately followed the one above, is even more revealing:

"Don't think for a moment that if you are participating in this activity, you are not being a prop for the reelection campaign of Donald Trump, because you absolutely are.  You are creating the B roll film that will be used in ads nationally to help Donald Trump during this campaign.  If you don't want to be part of that, then don't show up."

There it is.  Wheeler and his fellow left wing mayors and governors are not really concerned about the violent crime and destroyed lives of the citizens under their jurisdiction at all.  They are just pawns in their power game.  They are only concerned that the revelation of this destruction will be truthfully revealed and lead to Trump's reelection.  They are willing to destroy lives and promote chaos in the hopes of pinning it on Trump.  The primary motivation is clear - pathological hatred of Trump and traditional values.  Wheeler's appeal to the rioters is not based on crimes like premeditated murder being wrong, it is based on mutual hatred of Donald Trump, and an insatiable and immoral pursuit of power.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

It is hard for me to tell if the mayor is just a foolish person without any common sense or being controlled by the Democratic Party. You’re right what is occurring out in Portland makes absolutely no sense. If I owned one of the businesses that was destroyed by the protesters, it wouldn’t matter if I was a Democrat or Republican, I would be extremely angry. Some believe thatchange can only happen through violence we as Christians know better than that.violence is from Satan.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

9 hours ago, Logostician said:

Portland has been wracked by riots for weeks.  Democrat mayor Ted Wheeler has done nothing to halt the chaos.  He has even blamed Trump for bringing in federal agents to protect federal property as if any attempt to restore order was the wrong thing to do.  He seems to be in a competition with Seattle and other cities to see who can destroy the most lives of their residents.

"When you commit arson with an accelerant to burn down a building that is occupied by people who you have intentionally trapped inside, you are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder."

This may sound good to some people initially, but there is a serious problem here.  Wheeler, is supposed to be in a position of authority with primary responsibility for the safety and well being of the people under his jurisdiction.  Since he has done nothing to stop these rioting criminals, he is actually an accomplice to the crimes they are committing, including arson, murder, assault, vandalism, etc.  Our legal system is completely upside down now, so he will not be held to account in this world.  But God is not mocked, he knows Mayor Wheeler and many others are causing tremendous suffering of the very people they are authorized and responsible to protect.

Then shall he say also to them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.  For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat; I was thirsty, and ye have no drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me not in; naked and ye clothed me not; sick and in prison, and ye visited me not.  Then shall they also answer him, saying Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?  Then he shall answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.  And these shall go away into everlasting punishment; but the righteous into life eternal.

The citizens of Portland, Seattle, DC, Chicago, etc. deserve protection and security from those in authority.  They are sworn to provide it.  But they are denying this responsibility.

Wheeler's very next statement, which immediately followed the one above, is even more revealing:

"Don't think for a moment that if you are participating in this activity, you are not being a prop for the reelection campaign of Donald Trump, because you absolutely are.  You are creating the B roll film that will be used in ads nationally to help Donald Trump during this campaign.  If you don't want to be part of that, then don't show up."

There it is.  Wheeler and his fellow left wing mayors and governors are not really concerned about the violent crime and destroyed lives of the citizens under their jurisdiction at all.  They are just pawns in their power game.  They are only concerned that the revelation of this destruction will be truthfully revealed and lead to Trump's reelection.  They are willing to destroy lives and promote chaos in the hopes of pinning it on Trump.  The primary motivation is clear - pathological hatred of Trump and traditional values.  Wheeler's appeal to the rioters is not based on crimes like premeditated murder being wrong, it is based on mutual hatred of Donald Trump, and an insatiable and immoral pursuit of power.

I think Democrats are less concerned about rioting and looting than they are about getting votes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

12 hours ago, Logostician said:

The Governor is just as bad. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

12 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The Governor is just as bad. 

Portland has been a wide open city for several years now.  Drugs are allowed and laws are not enforced.  It is chaos.  Our son lived in the area 20 years ago and it is not the same.  We stay clear of it as well of the Seattle area.  Both are a foretaste of what life will become under the Progressives.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, Willa said:

Portland has been a wide open city for several years now.  Drugs are allowed and laws are not enforced.  It is chaos.  Our son lived in the area 20 years ago and it is not the same.  We stay clear of it as well of the Seattle area.  Both are a foretaste of what life will become under the Progressives.  

Yes

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/12/2020 at 1:38 AM, Logostician said:

I find it ironic that your last sentence about Trump and "insatiable and immoral pursuit of power" did not click like a 10,000 watt light bulb  in the heads of many as perfectly describing his own "modus operandii". 

Do we are Christians believe one side is the "good side" and the other is the devil himself? It concerns me that Christians do not understand that the entire world is corrupt.... the Democrats as well as the Republicans. Picking side and assuming the side you are on is spotless while the other side is a cesspool of sin is simply being blinded  by the enemy.

When will we have revival? When we finally understand we are not of this world, we are passers through. We cannot legislate morality and the ONLY hope for man is a one on one relationship  with God. That is our calling. Nothing less. The early church understood this. How few today do so. 

blessings, 

Gids

• Thumbs Up 1