• Content Count:  41,318
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Its not not not easy to rcv Holy Spirit baptism

if you speak of a secondary filling it's not in The Bible

Ephesians 4:5 (KJV)

[5] One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

[6] One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02

On 9/12/2021 at 3:43 PM, Paul James said:

Therefore, if I pray in tongues privately to the Lord,  no one can tell me that I am not communicating with Him, because they don't know, and secondly, they have no business commenting on my private prayer life, in the same way that no one would have any business commenting on my private sex life with my wife.  In either case, it would be highly inappropriate and intrusive commenting on things private and personal to myself.

This I have commented on early and you never engaged me on... as the unintelligible aspect of this, (non communicable), where it bypasses the Word of God and requires you to trust in intuitions and feelings for it's practice in reality yields this- your feelings and intuitions are placed before the foundational aspects of God's Word... this is a simple statement of what is really going on and really cannot be debated. The whole of God's Word is God wants to reason with us through His Word and I ask again do you think this is really the course of God with His children in this?  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, enoob57 said:

where it bypasses the Word of God and requires you to trust in intuitions and feelings for it's practice in reality yields this

Please explain how praying in the Holy Spirit bypasses the Word of God??

And what are these intuitions and feelings??

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

9 hours ago, enoob57 said:

This I have commented on early and you never engaged me on... as the unintelligible aspect of this, (non communicable), where it bypasses the Word of God and requires you to trust in intuitions and feelings for it's practice in reality yields this- your feelings and intuitions are placed before the foundational aspects of God's Word... this is a simple statement of what is really going on and really cannot be debated. The whole of God's Word is God wants to reason with us through His Word and I ask again do you think this is really the course of God with His children in this?  

I just go on what Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 14.  Verse 2 talks about personal prayer to God, not collective prayer in church.   He is quite clear that when he speaks in tongues more than them all, it is obviously not in the church setting, but in his private devotions when he is alone with God.   If Paul says that he would rather say things that are clearly understood when he is in church, then to say that he doesn't use tongues in private prayer is just plain silly.  Where else would he pray to God outside of church?  Also, he is supportive of all the Corinthians speaking in tongues;  but where?  It would be totally ridiculous to say that he would limit them to speaking in tongues just in church accompanied by an interpreter.  He recommends just two or three use the ministry gift of tongues in church, not all of them.  So if he is encouraging them all to speak in tongues, where would he be saying they should do it if not in church?  Of course the only reasonable answer is - in their private devotions away from the church meeting.

You know, some people leave their brains hanging on the door knob when they read the Bible sometimes.  I think that anti-tongues is so ingrained in you, that you can read what Paul says in 1 Corinthians 14, yet not accept what he actually says, and your overarching belief causes you to read things that Paul never wrote, and that logical comprehension of the chapter is ignored in favour of some wacky interpretation that says that Paul didn't really mean it when he clearly said that speaking in tongues without interpretation is for private devotions and not for public worship.

It seems that there is one set of comprehension rules for ordinary folk, and quite another set for the type of religious folk who want the Bible to say what they want it to say.

I taught elementary school comprehension for 10 years, and I am sure that the 10 year olds in my classes would have said quite clearly that Paul would have meant that when he spoke in tongues more than all of the Corinthians, he would have used it in private prayer.  But then ordinary 10 year olds in an elementary school class are not so heavenly minded that they are of no earthly use.

2 hours ago, Waggles said:

Please explain how praying in the Holy Spirit bypasses the Word of God??

And what are these intuitions and feelings??

When you speak in your prayer language you do not know what is being said so that it is impossible to check against Scripture and the only way you know it is of God is how it makes you feel or intuitions because you believe that it is what Scripture is indicating thus you trust the intuition... Reality is you are placing feeling and intuition before the written Word which is our only measure to discern what the spirit is of anything....

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Paul James said:

I just go on what Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 14.  Verse 2 talks about personal prayer to God, not collective prayer in church.   He is quite clear that when he speaks in tongues more than them all, it is obviously not in the church setting, but in his private devotions when he is alone with God.   If Paul says that he would rather say things that are clearly understood when he is in church, then to say that he doesn't use tongues in private prayer is just plain silly.  Where else would he pray to God outside of church?  Also, he is supportive of all the Corinthians speaking in tongues;  but where?  It would be totally ridiculous to say that he would limit them to speaking in tongues just in church accompanied by an interpreter.  He recommends just two or three use the ministry gift of tongues in church, not all of them.  So if he is encouraging them all to speak in tongues, where would he be saying they should do it if not in church?  Of course the only reasonable answer is - in their private devotions away from the church meeting.

You know, some people leave their brains hanging on the door knob when they read the Bible sometimes.  I think that anti-tongues is so ingrained in you, that you can read what Paul says in 1 Corinthians 14, yet not accept what he actually says, and your overarching belief causes you to read things that Paul never wrote, and that logical comprehension of the chapter is ignored in favour of some wacky interpretation that says that Paul didn't really mean it when he clearly said that speaking in tongues without interpretation is for private devotions and not for public worship.

It seems that there is one set of comprehension rules for ordinary folk, and quite another set for the type of religious folk who want the Bible to say what they want it to say.

I taught elementary school comprehension for 10 years, and I am sure that the 10 year olds in my classes would have said quite clearly that Paul would have meant that when he spoke in tongues more than all of the Corinthians, he would have used it in private prayer.  But then ordinary 10 year olds in an elementary school class are not so heavenly minded that they are of no earthly use.

I've got some church work to do Paul and will address this as soon as I can :) it may be a day or two so forgive the delay!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

6 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

When you speak in your prayer language you do not know what is being said so that it is impossible to check against Scripture and the only way you know it is of God is how it makes you feel or intuitions because you believe that it is what Scripture is indicating thus you trust the intuition... Reality is you are placing feeling and intuition before the written Word which is our only measure to discern what the spirit is of anything....

That is highly speculative and simply opinion.

Prove from scripture that praying in tongues bypasses the word of God. 

How can praying in the power of the Holy Spirit be contrary to the gospel??

As to "intuition" and feelings you are blowing in the wind. What feelings? What intuition?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

6 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I've got some church work to do Paul and will address this as soon as I can :) it may be a day or two so forgive the delay!!!

You are welcome.  If I am prodding you a bit I assure you that it is good natured and with total respect.

• Loved it! 1

3 hours ago, Waggles said:

As to "intuition" and feelings you are blowing in the wind. What feelings? What intuition?

Waggles I will answer this soon I am terribly tired and wish to give you my heart and understanding in this...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.05

4 hours ago, Waggles said:

4 hours ago, Paul James said:

You are welcome.  If I am prodding you a bit I assure you that it is good natured and with total respect.

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Waggles I will answer this soon I am terribly tired and wish to give you my heart and understanding in this...

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The worst thing is not whether people accept Holy Spirit baptism with subsequent gift of tongue but speaking in tongue has been used to display and abuse tithe 

https://www.indoboom.com/2013/stories/church-pastor-embezzles-4-7-trillion-from-church-offerings.html

Edited by R. Hartono