• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

This is why so many are reluctant to share dreams, even those the Lord sends to us. There's no need to repeat the verse from the book of Joel which @JohnR7 shared because many here know it well, one that the apostle Peter under the inspiration of God's Spirit quoted on the day of Pentecost. There's nothing wrong with John's dream and I admire the courage required to share it. Look at his reward...

Remember the words of our Lord: treat others as you wish be treated yourself. Also remember His admonition that we shall be judged by the measure we ourselves judge. 

Correcting faulty scripture understand is our duty. It is not judging.

A dream contrary to scripture is not God given.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,295
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

39 minutes ago, leah777 said:

Correcting faulty scripture understand is our duty. It is not judging.

A dream contrary to scripture is not God given.

From my reading of what JohnR7 shared conception occurred but the presence of an IUD caused a miscarriage. Conception can occur even with an IUD installed and their presence increases the risk of miscarriage exponentially. Life begins at conception: the zygote is a life. Is the zygote (a fertilized egg) any less alive if it never becomes embedded in the uterine wall? It's been estimated that 75% of zygotes in human mothers are subsequently miscarried so there's truth behind what JohnR7 has shared here.    

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,295
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

1 hour ago, JohnR7 said:

This event happened forty years ago, so I am just going on whatever memory I have of what happened. I asked my first wife about it and she said she had forgotten and did not ever think about it. I think about it and maybe that is why I had the dream. Only the dream was very vivid and everything was so clear. It seems unusual to have a dream after 40 years. 

I agree that dreaming about this 40 years later is remarkable. Much of what I've seen unfold here is a matter of semantics: some who experience difficulty understanding what you've written misconstrue your words. I'm reminded of those who believed I was irrevocably lost decades ago when I ran away from the Lord's calling; I also remember the people who, decades later, urged the friend who was looking after my needs to abandon me because I was close to death. Why should they assume responsibility because I was nothing but a corpse waiting to happen?

All were proven wrong when the Lord did the impossible, restoring me to health and filling me with His Spirit. I'm dumbfounded by the opposition I see in this topic, especially considering the scripture which tells us,

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. (Jeremiah 1:5)

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love (Ephesians 1:3-4)

The Lord knew us before we were born.   

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

18 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

From my reading of what JohnR7 shared conception occurred but the presence of an IUD caused a miscarriage. Conception can occur even with an IUD installed and their presence increases the risk of miscarriage exponentially. Life begins at conception: the zygote is a life. Is the zygote (a fertilized egg) any less alive if it never becomes embedded in the uterine wall? It's been estimated that 75% of zygotes in human mothers are subsequently miscarried so there's truth behind what JohnR7 has shared here.    

From what apparent here is there are two separate posts along similar stories. One confirmed pregnancy and miscarriage and one pregnancy that never occurred. The dream concerns the child never conceived and being in Heaven. Nice dream of wishful thinking. I also longed for children at one time, so I do understand that much. Unfortunately, I am not able to give the gift that would enable me to be a father. It did not deter me from a fulfilling intimate marriage and for this I was grateful. 

31 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

You have completely missed my point. My point is nothing to do with conception, but about unscriptural content of the dream.

I have suffered several miscarriages. I know how it works .

Edited by leah777
Clarification

36 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I don't think anybody here questions anything in this post. One again the original post was confusing.  It made it sound like the fertilized egg was lost because it didn't get to the womb.  It did make its way to the womb and then sometime later the iud caused a miscarriage.  We all know that now.  No problem. 

Edited by ChickenCoop

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

I also remember the people who, decades later, urged the friend who was looking after my needs to abandon me because I was close to death. Why should they assume responsibility because I was nothing but a corpse waiting to happen?

That is how we know the resurrection power of God is at work in us. My wife had to call the fire dept to have them come out with their defibrillator to get my heart going again.  My brother fly in from Baltimore to convince the doctor at the hospital to put me on a respirator. My doctor never went to the hospital to check on me because he was convinced that I was not going to live. That was all 15 years ago. There had to be a reason for God to keep me alive all of these times. 

1 hour ago, leah777 said:

unscriptural content of the dream.

All of your dreams are scriptural? 

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

The Lord knew us before we were born.   

David makes this very clear in Psalm 139:16 "15My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in secret, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 16Your eyes saw my unformed body; all my days were written in Your book and ordained for me before one of them came to be. 17How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God, how vast is their sum!" 

This maybe the thread where someone will try to deny that God writes the book of our life before we are born. I have never seen anyone do that, but I always thought they would try. I always like Sagan and Tyson who teach that God creates the elements that make us in the furnace of a star. They say we are star stuff. This is far more amazing to me than the idea that he created us in an instant. 

10 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

All of your dreams are scriptural? 

That is completely irrelevant. I am not claiming that I have 'scriptural' dreams of unscriptural content, like messages by angels, to me, from the dead. You are.

I think your dream was classic psychological dealing with loss processing, hench the unopened toys. Grief can come even decades after a loss. 

However, scripture clearly tells us that the dead do not, and cannot contact us, however vivid and comforting the dream feels.

I am trying to point out your scriptural error to help you in your understanding of what happens after death, and the role of angels.

I now consider my part in our conversation closed.