• Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 minutes ago, Adam999 said:

Hello brothers and sisters,

After intense prayers and discussion with my pastor, I have decided to break my fast today. The experience of fasting was worthwhile and I learned a lot from it. Thank you all for the comments, recommendations, and concerns. 

God bless you!!!

Adam

Hi Adam, 

I'm truly relieved to read this. I think if you look into most biblical aspects for fasting, the primary reasons were for more purposeful concerns than enlightenment.  It can also be for the Lord to take up the cause or an endeavor. Spiritual enlightenment is a more mystical aspect, so we need to take necessary assessments for why we choose to fast. Daniel and Esther fasted for a special purpose. God bless! 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

Here's a couple of links for information on purposeful and biblical fasting. 

Daniel 10:2 Commentaries: In those days, I, Daniel, had ...

https://biblehub.com/commentaries/daniel/10-2.htm

I Daniel was mourning  — The reason of Daniel's fasting and mourning might be, either because many of the Jews, through slothfulness and indifference, still remained in the land of their captivity, though they had liberty to return to their own land, not knowing how to value the privileges offered them; or, as Usher thinks, because he had heard that the adversaries of the Jews had begun to obstruct the building of …

What Is Esther's Fast Really About? | Esther's Fast ...

What Is the Origin of Esther's Fast in the Bible? Towards the end of Megillat Esther (the Scroll of Esther) we find that, in addition to establishing Purim as an official holiday, Queen Esther ordered the Jews to commemorate their prayerful fasting and crying out to God during those days (Esther 9:31).. Thus, to this very day, we observe Taanit Esther, or the Fast of Esther, on the day before ...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

On 8/23/2020 at 3:28 PM, Adam999 said:

Hello brothers and sisters,

After intense prayers and discussion with my pastor, I have decided to break my fast today. The experience of fasting was worthwhile and I learned a lot from it. Thank you all for the comments, recommendations, and concerns. 

God bless you!!!

Adam

I'm glad that you spoke with your pastor concerning this.  Like beau, I am also relieved to know that you have shortened the duration of your fast.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1