• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/31/2020 at 12:21 PM, Butch5 said:

What Gentiles believed the preaching of Peter? Paul too preached the Gospel of the Kingdom. Stop and think about it, how could Paul be preaching a different Gospel when he told the Gentiles that they were grafted into Israel.

The Gentiles who responded to the preaching of Peter, the gospel of the kingdom. The Gentiles before Paul. These are the Gentiles grafted into Israel.

Paul preached the heavenly kingdom.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Why the heck would there be two different gospels preached in the Bible? This is just a silly way of finding more problems to pick at. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2020 at 7:21 PM, Jedi4Yahweh said:

It was to Peter that God revealed the Gentiles could be saved and It was Peter that first to preach the Gentiles about salvation.  All the Apostles were commissioned to take that Gospel to all Nations (Gentiles) not just Paul.

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen. - Mat 28:18-20 KJV

You are right in saying that to Peter it was revealed Gentiles could be saved, however, the gospel preached and believed was not the gospel given to Paul, but the the gospel of the kingdom, the promised kingdom on earth. This is the gospel to be preached in Matthew 28:18-20 and it was to be preached in that kingdom to the Gentile nations.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, douge said:

You are right in saying that to Peter it was revealed Gentiles could be saved, however, the gospel preached and believed was not the gospel given to Paul, but the the gospel of the kingdom, the promised kingdom on earth. This is the gospel to be preached in Matthew 28:18-20 and it was to be preached in that kingdom to the Gentile nations.

If you believe Paul was given a different Gospel than what Yahshua and his Apostles taught then its not the true gospel.  Joseph Smith was given a different gospel too by divine revelation.  We are not to follow man but Yahshua.  He is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE.  If someone comes bringing you teachings contradicting our Messiah's teaching its a false gospel.  We were warned repeatedly by our Messiah not to be deceived and that many would come in his name teaching a different and false way.  It sounds like you are not listening to his warning.  

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

This is very important!

Gal. 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

Paul would not aim this at Jesus or Peter--think about that.

17 minutes ago, Josheb said:

That has yet to be proven. Nowhere does the Bible mention two gospels. Paul explicitly said those who preach a different gospel than the one he preached are cursed. The plethora of commonalities observably found in the messages of Jesus, Peter, Paul and the rest show they preached the same gospel: Jesus Christ resurrected as Lord and Savior of all who believe. 

Joseph Smith was not given a gospel at all, different or same, and nothing he ever said came to him by divine revelation. He was a false teacher whose lies came from the pit of hell and should be uniformly and unequivocally repudiated by all members of Christ's body.

Do you see the irony of that statement? 

That is the single gospel: Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father but by him. You've just contradicted everything you've posted in this op. We are to follow Jesus, the anointed one, crucified and resurrected.

I think you misunderstood what I am saying.  Anyone who brings a different gospel that contradicts Yahshua teaching is a false teacher.  I was making an example that Joseph Smith came preaching a false gospel that he claimed he received by divine revelation from Yahshua.  

12 minutes ago, Alive said:

This is very important!

Gal. 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

Paul would not aim this at Jesus or Peter--think about that.

Yet this is what douge is saying that Paul's "gospel" is not the same gospel of Yahshua and Peter/James/John preached.  Yet Paul says if any man preach anything different from "his" gospel let them be accused.  This would mean Jesus, Peter, John, James, etc are accursed according to what he is saying.  He is teaching a Paul Religion. 

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 minutes ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Yet this is what douge is saying that Paul's "gospel" is not the same gospel of Yahshua and any of the other disciples preached.  Yet Paul says if any man preach anything different from "his" gospel let them be accused.  This would mean Jesus, Peter, John, James, etc are accursed according to what he is saying.  He is teaching a Paul Religion. 

What he is teaching is what he received directly from our Lord. It is very clear that Paul received additional light, but not in conflict with the others mentioned.

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

For future reference let me encourage you not to start any post with an implicit accusation the other person misunderstood or is lacks understanding. It a bad way to start discourse. If it is believed a lack of understanding exists then we should start first and foremost with ourselves. "Perhaps I should clarify...." is better than "You misunderstood..." I know and trust no ill will was intended but others might not. 

Hmmm?  I said, "I think you misunderstood what I was saying" I was being polite.  Take it how ever you wish.  In the future let me encourage you to not make it habit of telling others how they should word their post.  

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

This is why the one verse describing Peter and Paul going to different audiences can't/shouldn't be pitted against the one verse where Paul curses all others. Whole scripture. When we read whole scripture we find there is only one gospel (Christ crucified and resurrected) and that one gospel has been preached from the beginning of the Bible until the end to all audiences (even before there were any Jews in existence). 

The truth does not change based on your audience.  Its the same gospel for Jew or Gentile.  Meaning there are no contradictions between the two messages. God does not say to the Jew you must follow the Law to be saved and to the Gentile you are saved by grace alone.  God does not play favorites or show partiality.

When Jesus instructed his disciples to take the Gospel to all the Nations he did not say here is one gospel message for Jews and here is another gospel for Gentiles.  No, he said teach them (nations) to observe EVERYTHING I have commanded you...He did not say give them some watered down version of the Gospel but to teach them to keep everything I have commanded.

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe ALL that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." - Mat 28:19-20 ESV

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

16 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

If you believe Paul was given a different Gospel than what Yahshua and his Apostles taught then its not the true gospel.  Joseph Smith was given a different gospel too by divine revelation.  We are not to follow man but Yahshua.  He is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE.  If someone comes bringing you teachings contradicting our Messiah's teaching its a false gospel.  We were warned repeatedly by our Messiah not to be deceived and that many would come in his name teaching a different and false way.  It sounds like you are not listening to his warning.  

Even Peter in 2 Peter 3:15-16 said what Paul preached was scripture.

Jesus gave Paul the gospel he preaches.